Festival Playlist events and rewards June 8-15 (Winter S21)

yeah I was really surprised. I was probably too conservative, expecting a disaster, but it never happened.

2 Likes

Max - I see the reason you didn’t respond was because it didn’t. We have to wait till Monday for the FH5 series update.
Sat through the whole Forza Monthly stream and was disappointed because of this. I have no current interest in FM.

Edit - actually one interest - put FM4 on the backwards compatibility list.
I have a disc of this gathering dust but coming late to xbox as a whole, never got to play it.

1 Like

Thanks to @geistwriter for the bad news…

Our favourite restriction is back on Thursday, B Modern Rally in the Trial.

:roll_eyes: times a million.

5 Likes

It isn’t happening, you should know that by now.

Yeah… definitely disappointed by that one. At this point I’d rather see them switch it up with stuff like the “AWD” one last week. Or maybe the ones based on the cost of the car. I came up with a couple of liveries for the trial, but it was definitely hard to get excited.

2 Likes

An AWD “switch up” for rally is as unimaginative as it gets though surely? I’d almost say that’s worse as it emphasises the range of different options available to them is vast (and they went for the most vanilla) and yet we still get the same tired choices regularly.

2 Likes

I mean, any excuse for me to break out @CashlessPlains8 ’s Datsun… :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m switching things up by tuning the '08 Subaru instead of just re-releasing the '15 Subaru for the tenth time

3 Likes

They gave us Rally Monsters 2 weeks in a row and Rally Monsters is back for next week but at least they have it for S1 class. Not sure why they won’t give us at least modern rally in A class? It would definitely make those otherwise boring cars a little more interesting.

2 Likes

I went with the 04. Apparently, I had never even touched that car before yesterday so I went with that.

2 Likes

Well, I guess I can do an 05 Gulf and an 08… I’m not sure.
The heraldry theme of the week is the English three lions and the non heraldry theme is Manchester City football club.

Next week will be Man U, which has GRADIENTS.

1 Like

*04 WRX for B class modern rally for next week’s trial.

1 Like

that was pretty much my criteria this week

I’m curious if you think offroad race tires are worth the PI cost for B class modern rally?

My current builds are using them but I’m considering using stock tires to maybe get some extra acceleration.
You don’t gain a ton of PI, but I feel like the Mitsubishi cars could use some acceleration help.

1 Like

Depends on the courses, either should be fine with the 3 tracks in the Trial having some tarmac bits.

Don’t waste your time with the Mitsubishi’s though, the eligible ones here are all bobbins in B class.

1 Like

I do prefer the Subaru’s, but I feel like the main issue with the Mitsubishi’s is the poor acceleration so that’s why I was considering changing my tunes.

2 Likes

I always try to not use them, but they end up looking really good compared to the last bit of power you can squeeze into the engine

3 Likes

If it was A class the offroad race tires would be an easy choice but for B class I’m trying to decide if the extra acceleration is worth the loss of a bit of grip on the dirt.

3 Likes

I’m debating it. I think for a “general consumption” tune that is quick and competitive for all types of drivers I always go conservative and build a car with more grip. That said the tracks in this weeks trial are:

1. Cascada Trail
  2. Mangrove Scramble
  3. Tulum Trail

The weather won’t be an issue so stock tire’s definitely could be an option. Keep in mind, all of these tracks do have some high speed dirt sections with mud even in good weather along with portions of water.

3 Likes

I know what I’m taking for trial … grip from '11 or '15 Subaru, maybe even '19.
So for tomorrow its Subaru, Shelby (or MB), Ferrari, Alumi Craft and Mercedes AMG (or McLaren).
Only thing I’m missing for tomorrow is S1 Rally monster, as Hoonigan RS200 slides so much … ugh.

2 Likes