Festival Playlist events and rewards June 8-15 (Winter S21)

For Dirt it’s quite competitive but the Scout remains untouched.
For CC the drag is way too high. Scout, Toyota, RAM, F450 are all stronger.
With the same amount of power as the Scout the Scout weighs 200kg less, and although it uses rear-aero it has ~25 km/h more top speed than the K10.

Some tuners on TW Discord and myself came to the conclusion the F150 and K10 probably use the new offroad vehicle plattform that was introduced with the Rallye Expansion vehicles.
Very good offroad suspension, a lot of mechanical grip (that’s why they all feel stable and are easy to control) but tons of drag.
Thus, even with THE meta lower class engine the K10 can’t touch the king.
Beautiful car though that’s a lot of fun.

Out of curiosity I lined up my Dirt K10 (full weight reduction, first centrifugal upgrade, first chassis upgrade, no aero) against your Titan ghost. The difference were 2 tenths.
Yours accelerated a lot faster but due to the high drag my advantage through the turns negated your power advantage.

1 Like

I really liked this Playlist

The Armadillo placement is better than the previous smashables of last week and the week before being hidden behind some rocks.

Pathfinder also better than previous. D class is most suitable to enjoy this stress-free challenge.

Same goes for the Photo challenge. It’s nice to spend some time looking for the location.

Rally Adventure championship and the Dirt-Racing championship are the most fun and excitement. The Cross-country was fun but not as exciting. Felt like A class would’ve been better.

The K10 pickup is a Monsters in dirt and CC S1 class, Ok drifter.
Would be great if race suspension was available for road and street racing.

The event lab :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

No worries. The 06 Audi was always likely to be the best in class, so I’d avoided it previously, but you’ve done a great job of maintaining its speed, whilst making it enjoyable to drive.

It’s a very enjoyable category of cars for these events generally, as most have something to recommend them and there’s quite a few I haven’t tried before.

1 Like

Thank you! I do like the super saloon category and was bummed when neither one of the new caddy’s made it in to Super Saloon. In the trial playlist there is an A800 super saloon category. Those races are usually a full lobby. So I will be using the RS 4 or M4 going forward. Still can’t believe that lap at Sierra you did in the M4!

You should try the M3 2008 as well. It’s competitive with the Audi on this type of track (you’ll see my actual PB at Sierra is set in that car at a low 2.28). RWD with great handling for courses like Sierra.

1 Like

excellent insights. the K-10 top speed is definitely slightly too low to be top-tier. I have generally avoided the Scout, and often look for the next best thing. I use the term meta loosely, but i surprisingly set about 20 personal best B700 rivals times yesterday with K-10. apologies to anyone receiving notifications :innocent:

1 Like

best eventlab ever. fun with decent race design.

2 Likes

also I did an alt build with the adjustable rear aero and some weight reduction, I liked it for dirt and did #221 Gauntlet pretty easily.

but the whole time I’m thinking the stock suspension is too good, I didn’t even upgrade ARB and it handled the tarmac like it was nothing. then took it and set several PB’s on street races, and Badlands Goliath.

so I haven’t heard anything about a new build platform, but this car is too good for stock 1970 pickup truck. only thing holding it back from dominating is even worse drag on the 2 build options.

1 Like

The same for the F150. Their suspensions don’t feel like one of such an old car should - and for most equally old offroaders do.
Same for the chassis upgrade.
Fastest Dirt build so far was a full weight reduction, min rear-aero, stock chassis centrifugal one.
The stock drag is so high that with min rear-aero and the saved PI put into power it nearly reaches the same top speed. While providing better acceleration.
But since I dislike the look I kept a purist style without hideous rear rims sizes. A bit slower but still quick enough.

1 Like

I finally got the daily to trigger when I got a lumberjack near the barn find. I had hit a few lumberjacks west of there (but east of the road) but that wasn’t working. Remember, lumberjack is hitting those piles of logs on the ground.

2 Likes

I didn’t test the actual top speed of the aero vs stock, I think because I was on Titan downhill I didn’t notice the serious amount of drag on the stock, pi savings definitely worth it

Among other things that the games are missing and that would make the player experience much better (imo) is a tutorial/database about all these special skills the game wants you to do all the time.

Right now you have to look them up on the net. And what do you find? Just such a list, written by an official Forza dude: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022456853-Forza-Horizon-Skills-A-How-to-Guide

Another thing I’d like: LET ME ZOOM OUT THE MAP MORE. A LOT MORE.

4 Likes

and zoom in more - zooming out more allows trailblazer finishes to be seen along with the starting point but both is better, have a sliding scale I suppose

also the entire course of a race is not always visible so yeah, zoom out more

and get rid of the pop-up that almost invariably obscures the path of a speed zone

Late start again this week, out on the lash all weekend and I couldn’t muster up any enthusiasm to play until just now.

Tune is by Dust but I have no idea what it’s for as it has some bizarre name, great handling but so poor off the line that I was in last out of the humans heading into the first corner of each course even when starting at the front on Sierra Verde, carved through them like a hot knife through butter from that point on though.

1 Like

Is there any news yet about the next Upgrade Heroes Series?

Once again Max’s calendar shows the next livestream as this Thu but it’ll probably be delayed yet again…

Those events on my calendar are on recurring basis every four weeks until we make announcements and I update them. Watch Forza Monthly tomorrow:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Max. I saw the news message earlier but it only mentioned Forza Motorsport stuff so I wasn’t sure if that was an extra one specifically for Motorsport info.
Will it still include the usual FH series info as well ?

Took my Dirt build for a spin and managed #11.
4th fastest car and I assume the F450 6 seconds ahead might be in range.
Lost time in turns and sacrifized time towards the end to finish it cleanly.
The F100 and especially Scout 30 seconds ahead are clearly out of reach.
The K10 shined on the tarmac sections where it basically drives like a road car. This thing has nothing to do with a 70ties truck.

2 Likes