Festival Playlist events and rewards June 8-15 (Winter S21)

Horizon 3’s Blizzard Mountain and Hot Wheels did that (don’t recall the main map having that).

1 Like

I didn’t like these kinds of tasks in FH4. They’d have you get an ultimate draft, triple pass, etc. or this week you had to get 2 air pass skills for a daily.

I want to race and not have to slow down for the ai so I can get the right scenario for these challenges.

1 Like

I had the same in Horizon Tour and Open a couple of days ago, but the former was all right yesterday. Don’t know why it misbehaved, and don’t know why it came right. Restart the game, I guess.

The last couple weeks the new treasure hunt format has been pretty interesting, but the last two this week we’re just bad. The second event hint was flat out wrong, it pointed to the end point instead of the start. The second trail was nearly impossible to find or follow and I had to just look up the end point and go straight to it since the red balloon trail was not helpful at all.

Feels like nobody really play tested these events this week.

I reckon at this point they don’t test anything properly.
I’ve said it before, PGG - stop using your in house servers and try running things in the real world before releasing anything and you might just see the actual issues that everybody else playing the game can see.

3 Likes

On a related topic, in solo play we need a way to disable drivatar spawns. Those guys go out of their way to ram into us and mess up PR stunts and it’s incredibly annoying. I know I can go online and then it will just be ghosted players, but I prefer to play offline and it feels like this issue has intentionally not been addressed to push players into online play (same way the game tries to trick you into going online if you accidentally push X after starting it up every single time).

2 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t like those either. But that’s not the idea. Build the race around the speed traps or speed zones so when they trigger the PR triggers. Not those funky dailies from FH4.

For jumps, build the off road or CC tracks around the jumps to trigger those PRs.

1 Like

Another couple thoughts, the armadillo sign smashing took way too long to find all the signs and several of the signs didn’t register for the count and the dirt championship this week has a new level of AI cheating even on just highly skilled. Not sure if I just got a bad drivatar, but the difficulty feels much closer to unbeatable with the lead AI getting massive power boosts and being uncatchable.

Edit: looks like a perfect storm of bad track choice (tracks where the AI does a lot better than average), harder than average drivatar placed at the front of the pack and not using an OP enough tune to cheese the AI. Getting sick of these weekly championships.

The whole series of collectibles has been just tedious but the Armadillo one was the worst (so far).
The dirt championship event wasn’t an issue though - 1st place in each race.

Used an old Don Joe tuned Nissan #23 Pickup Rally Raid (2004) to smash it - won each race by miles.

I usually do the championships co-op. I enjoy the team(ish) environment, and it usually allows me to knock it out with 2 races instead of all three.

I used @CashlessPlains8 ’s ARX tune on the dirt one, I believe… it was a winner.

2 Likes

oh, yeah, nearly impossible to do, I write “easy wins” but that nearly always means trying to waste AI along the way

F-150 was a dud, but I’m happy to see K10 is meta B700. did an easy bunch of top 200 dirt times and 8:25 Titan for #67 on the lb. shared: 137 630 703

2 Likes

I’ve been playing around with Infiniti and Volvo for Trial and although Infinity is fast, I’m just not feeling it, do like the family brick Volvo though.
Also did play around with Subaru ARX and then changed my Peugeot 207 to run on offroad tires too and not on stock, there was some power to be gained.
If somebody wants to try what I came up with, feel free:
A800 road
Infiniti Q60 - 234 866 583
Volvo V60 - 180 983 102
A800 offroad
Subaru WRX STI ARX - 158 228 973
Peugeot 207 S 2000 - 283 924 657
As always they are not the fastest (they are for me), as my keyboard driving style prefers grip.

PS
Would also like to play with limo, but for now I don’t have it.

1 Like

I’ve been playing with it too. It’s very strong on trails. I also came up with an SS Chevy

Hugger orange paint scheme.

Did a 2:14.5 which is good enough to rank at #254 Rivals time at Tapalpa Trail.

1972 Chevy K10 B700 AWD
Share Code: 127-835-199

Chevy Hugger with SS Stripes
Share Code: 125-937-971

2 Likes

The K10 is pretty nice but really needs a street truck option. It can be lowered a bit with rally springs set to min. The marker lights not lighting is disappointing as it is on the 86 F150. They’re lit on some cars. I don’t understand why there’s Forza Vista but we can’t have lighted marker lights.

So the best way I’ve found to deal with the white bumpers is to two tone it either in a stock look or custom. With the bottom of the truck white they blend in fairly well. It’s not shared. It’s easy to do yourself if anyone wants.

Seems like race or drift suspension should allow this at least…

Also,
Didn’t we see this texture on another car? Seems familiar. I forgot to check if it’s in freeroam or just camera.

1 Like

The RS4 is an absolute beast in the trial. @Jezza14, I know you said you did a 3:05 in an infinite build. I just did a 3:05 in my RS 4 tune. Give it a run if you like. Would love to see what you could do in it.

2006 RS 4 A800 AWD
Share Code: 621-723-512

@TonyKartRcr this M4 tune is excellent. That’s at Sierra. Third best time I’ve managed in a Super Saloon - and only just behind the 1M by a tenth or so.

Edit - the 06 Audi is, unsurprisingly, very fast. 2.28.2, although I had to re-do the last corner so didn’t quite do it clean. Will do sub 28. Great work again.

1 Like

3.00.963, so sub 3 should be possible as my first lap wasn’t perfect. Last lap was around 57.4.

1 Like

Thank you Jezza! Glad you liked that M4. Wow amazing time in the Audi. Wish I could’ve got these out earlier.

I’m running auto, so sacrificing pi for trans and clutch upgrades. m/c is going to maybe push K10 into top tier, just below Scout

1 Like