Festival Playlist events and rewards Aug. 29 - Sep. 5 (Winter S37)

hot wheels has a 300mph cap for some reason, unless you’re being assisted by those blowers. if anything they should have made hot wheels faster

Treasure hunt didn’t trigger for me, either. Fast traveled to Playa Azul thinking maybe they didn’t mean Guanajuato, and it triggered as soon as I spawned. Strange.

ETA, I did it in the Velar First Edition. Nobody else has mentioned their car, but the clue points to a Land Rover.

You need to be at a very specific place.

I really, really doubt that.

A little overlap but I shared 5 tunes for Dragon Fall speed trap. All are named DRAGON TRAP.

Mitsubishi Starion
1998 Supra
Mustang RTR S5
16 BMW M4
19 911 Carrera S

The Porsche upgrade should also cover the daily today.

3 Likes

Treasure hunt:

Fast travel to Guanajuato
Fast travel to the Event Lab icon
Fast travel to Playa Azul

Unlocked. Probably works in any order. I might guess they set it up for either city but ended up requiring both.

2 Likes

terrible treasure hunt

wouldn’t have guessed this

First race is severely wet…so be ready to slip and slide. Don’t expect to get .50 second or lower laps with the flood that is going on . The recommendations for race tires or slicks is null here they reduce speed too much for the second race. The second race is a sprint, and you need around 180 mph to beat them. I have ran this 4 times…and the only time I didn’t come in first was using my own 1981 m1 tune on semi slicks, which I came in 2nd after getting blasted by some guy driving a a45. Second race the AI is fast…so get out front fast. It is a dry track no rain.

2 Likes

I noticed in Max’s list it had the racing V8 so I thought what the heck, I’ll try it. I don’t think it would have caught my attention for this otherwise. The M4 I had overlooked but then noticed it was the car in the playlist tile.

I had a go at it with your Autozam tune :+1:. Man it’s fast.

1 Like

My M1 tune was set up with slicks so I was a bit worried about the rain on Emerald circuit but it didn’t have a huge impact on the drivability. Was a bit of a nightmare getting past kamikaze ai and bumper car teammates though.

I didn’t have high hopes for Descansar with it being a short sprint and my M1 being a bit down on speed and starting out in my usual spot on the grid…

…but I was able to make it through the pack unscathed for a comfortable 1st place finish.

Design by @Bravo437

2 Likes

My best trial run today was with the mercedes slk 55…2:40 on the 1st, and 2:03 (shady run as I went sliding sideways on that first right turn). My only loss today was from my own tune in a convoy I put together. My a45 has a nice speed/handling balance it beat my m1 in the second…and I actually came in third because the guy in second wanted to play drift race instead of actually racing.

1 Like

I was in Guana in the old Range Rover and accidently teleported to the beach instead of setting a waypoint. It counted.

ran the route from the university in the city to the beach at tranquila but it only triggered when I continued to drive down the beach to playa azul

2 Likes

My treasure hunt triggered when I was barely out of Guanajuato. The game knew where I was going so decided to save me a bit of time.

1 Like

It triggered for me when i came in via the dirt track entrance to the beach, halfway between Tranquila and Azul.

Coming in at the Tranquila dirt track entrance did not trigger it.

Seems to be just the run a Land Rover and get to the area.
Started in Guanajuato eastern edge in the LR Defender 90, ran out of the city then fast travelled to the XP board just north of Playa and it triggered immediately.
Went to the circle where I had already had an old treasure chest and lo and behold it was right there.

we all can see what it says, it’s just not working properly for some people

Im liking the new Ford Fiesta.

Thanks for doing up a solid tune @geistwriter :+1:

1 Like

I was really happy with my FWD tune for the new focus for this week’s dirt seasonal, so I was planning to do one for the fiesta, but its such low PI stock that I was able to fit an AWD swap in, which I’m more comfortable with

1 Like