February Content Update

Taken from this weeks WIR:

"February Content Update

Along with The Smoking Tire Car Pack we will release our latest content update for Forza Motorsport 5. This update will also feature a number of gameplay improvements to Forza Motorsport 5, including:

· Players can now save replays of multiplayer races

· In multiplayer, the “Time to Vote” countdown will now end once all players in the lobby have readied

· Player Level wrapping issues at level 257 have been fixed

· Pitting your car during a race will now repair aero damage

· General multiplayer stability improvements, including improved “invite” and “join party” functionality

· Drag light trees will now work correctly in multiplayer races"

Very good work T10.

9 Likes

Hmm still no ability to sell cars.

3 Likes

yeah, well, with the current in-game economy the way you can earn money from races now, I don’t think it’s needed.

I’ve got my title/badge for a garage value worth more than 50 million credits, and I’m sitting on over 16.5 million credits to spend, and I honestly don’t know what I’d spend them on until the new car pack comes out.

Gifting or Sharing would be nice, but compared to FM3 or FM4, not really quite as needed.

Anyways, I love his update coming.

3 Likes

love it, a list of fixes and first reply is a moan about something they haven’t done yet (or in my opinion probably just don’t plan on doing at all. lets face it that was a large part of what hackers and glitchers were exploiting). people are never happy

thanks T10

8 Likes

It’s a legitimate concern. If hackers are exploiting it then you create counter measures to stop that. You don’t remove the feature completely.

4 Likes

You do if it’s more cost effective. I’d rather see T10 spend their resources making a game than policing an in-game auction house.

1 Like

now that the auction house is gone, who cares if anyone exploits any money/car selling hacks. it doesn’t affect anyone but themselves. what happened to games having money cheats anyway. all it will do is allow you to buy what ever cars and upgrades you wanted, no different than if you legitimately buy them from the marketplace, only difference is that on the marketplace you have to use real money… ohhhh wait i see the problem… they want you to use real money not find a glitch to get you lots of money…

getting more money in the game does not make you a better racer, it does not make you better at online racing, all it does is allow you to play around with cars you couldn’t afford before. imagine buying a car in real life and then not being able to sell it only being able to get rid of it “remove from garage”. i know this is a game, and for that same reason there is no reason to remove this feature.

1 Like

“Rent” a car to try them, however, manufacturing credits:

• Xbox LIVE will care, because it is ILLEGAL to modify the games on the system. That is a permanent ban from LIVE.
    • Turn 10 will care, because you’re violating the copyright protected intellectual property of the creator. (Read the back of your game box, which says in part, “. . . Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering . . . or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited.” Such tampering with the game software is worthy of a permanent console ban, including all gamertags on that console (if Xbox LIVE’s Policy Enforcement Team doesn’t get you first).
  1. And the rest of the players will care, and be most happy you’re gone.

2 Likes

#3 is by far the best response I’ve heard in a very very long time. Its so true

2 Likes

{Mod Edit - off-topic comments removed - MM}

1 Like

{Mod Edit - off-topic comments removed - MM}

1 Like

tbh I dont think that they will add selling cars
but this update as any improvement is certainly welcome - lets hope they will be adding more and more in the long run
so I will add my +1 to “Very good work T10”

edit: and +1 at CRUSE2382 too

4 Likes

And they say turn 10 don’t listen. The replay update is the only one I have really missed coming from fM4 to FM5. At least that will stop some people from moaning… Look forward to it thanks.

1 Like

Great stuff! Thanks for the hard work Turn 10.

4 Likes

+1

1 Like

Glad to see these improvements, However.
I agree with being able to sell cars, maybe not to other players but at least back to the game. I have cars and parts i spent in game money for didn’t like but cant get the credits back.
It can be an expensive experiment when trying out a new car and tuning it to the top of the level only to find that some conversions result in a limit to how much you can upgrade and tune e.g. turbo rally engine.

2 Likes

looking forward to the replays thanks T10.

1 Like

Great news! Very happy to hear the level 257 glitch is gone, that is one thing i very muvh care about : ) also good that you can save multi replays, this is needed, now i can take tandom pics : ) I am very happy to see fan feed back takn into effect. This is a great start. Thx turn 10.

1 Like

Wont mean a lot to the majority of people but this is huge news for the organisers of race series & the aero fix is an added bonus too. In one fell swoop T10 have made the game playable again for me & many others who were losing faith, great job to all for giving us those features back.
Hopefully more to come but at least we know that when something isn’t right & the consumer keeps those mistakes to the fore, things get done. Never underestimate the power of a persistant whinge, it works.

3 Likes

What he said^ +1. Thanks T10, your hard work is very appreciated, even if we still have issues to work out, this is a great start. May enjoy FM5 a bit longer now, thanks!

2 Likes