Drivatars allowed to skip checkpoints.

Yes, they are driving after their own rules, but they are kind enough to wait for you if you get too far behind … you can not take an arcade game seriously, ignore it and have fun instead.

Are not working as planned, unless the plan is have the AI cheat without penalty! I have lost count now the amount of times that winning cars have completely ignored checkpoints altogether!

1 Like

There are no AI cars?

Drivatars are simulations of other (real life) people driving the same track. I have noticed you can barely touch a checkpoint to make it count. The wider the car, the easier it is to “cheat” the hitbox of a checkpoint.

All in all; I have yet to see 1 Drivatar completely missing a checkpoint and still carry on. Don’t take my word for it yet I completed 200+ Championship events and 50+ Rivals

Happens pretty often on cross country events. I’ll save the replay next time, but it does happen.

The cross country race that ends up going through the airport is really obvious. There are a couple checkpoints that the drivatars will not even drive towards.

OK, as promised:

http://youtu.be/KigMSLTZBBQ

This is Casteleto, “D’Oro Cliff Street Race.” Drivatars are set to “Pro” difficulty.

mEnTL32,

Takes for verifying what I’d thought I’d seen.

Damn ,lets hope they fix this

Drivatars by any definition are artificial intelligence so in essence AI, and they do miss check points I’ve seen this twice now and no reset was awarded to them.

Didnt know the Driveatar’s were allowed to go outside the red bariers how much leaway do the get

Not enough :wink:

There is one track where you have to slow down to take the checkpoint and get through an S curve. They just straight line it quite a few metres outside the checkpoints.

Damn shame they have no idea how to take the next couple of corners because that might make it somewhat challenging.

1 Like

Yeah it is some bug, they cheat big time

1 Like

Drivatars skip checkpoints, take no damage no matter what, and are slowed down by nothing.

The laws of physics and rules of the race don’t apply to them lol

2 Likes

Was racing a few days ago in a slower car. (Can’t remember now) anyway I was blocking them, there was a right hand corner then a run to the finish the drivatar went way off the road around the outside and missed the finish line by miles and ended up beating me :frowning: lol

1 Like

This makes me feel better, as I was saying about the difficulty spikes I’ve seen this too! Nothing like following the car you are drafting as they skip by a check point to get the “YOU MISSED A CHECK POINT!” warning.

1 Like

[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

So I was doing this race recently, and I noticed that the AI (Drivatars) took a shortcut without going through a checkpoint, and then overtaking me. What bothers me is, that I couldn’t take the same shortcut as them, because then I’d have to rewind since I missed a checkpoint, but they can just continue like they did get the checkpoint. And it wasn’t just one car that did it, no, it was all of the drivatars. The name of the race I noticed it in was this - Riverbed Cross Country, American Racers.

What I’m pointing out here is the fact that the AI can cheat and take shortcuts without having to go through the checkpoints. At least they are programmed to go through as many checkpoints as they can, but I just think they should be reset to the checkpoint they missed.

Should the AI really be allowed to take shortcuts without going through the checkpoints?

I remember a thread like this after release date. However i dont really mind it, its mainly on the cross country races (ive noticed anyway) and they’re pretty easy to win, so the AI need all the help they can get xD

Really? I have not noticed that; and I always watch replays of cross-country races. They are a blast to watch with different camera settings.

I didn’t know that it was noticed before, and I won anyways, but I just wanted to point it out that they are able to do it. But yeah, if you’re not driving sports cars or super cars, cross country is fairly easy and fun :slight_smile:

Maybe this isn’t something that happens in everyone’s game, and it even happens very rarely.

I see it A LOT on Cross Country races. Oh well. ._.

this has been going on since launch.

Especially in cross country or point-to-point races, the drivatars skip checkpoints. I have found that they do not do this too often - or if they do, I do not notice as they are behind me - and when they do, it is in the same place more often than not.

I posted this somewhere a while back, but here it is again:

I’m in the grey Lamborghini intentionally missing the checkpoint. After 5 seconds I got placed, standing still, before the checkpoint while the AI were all allowed to continue. I have since found that on this race, some AI skip this checkpoint each and every time. I have also seen them do it on two other races on the same checkpoint (same checkpoint, but two different races).

This is clearly a coding error somewhere in the game and it has not been addressed. Unlike other glitches which may have to do with how a car looks, or can be painted, this one can be potentially game damaging so it should be looked at. Will it be looked at? Highly unlikely

1 Like