Could buying a hacked car from the Auction house break your savefile?

Bought a rare car from the autoshow, but collecting it failed (something with connecting to the FH5 servers failed). But the bad doesn’t end there. Since then I get the following error whenever the game tries to save liveries, tunes,… Restaring the game didn’t help. I assume the car was hacked/ tempered with.

Did anyone else encouter this issue prior?

P.S. for the mods, this topic is for discussion and speculation. I’ll open a separate one about the save error in the troubleshooting hub.
Edit: There is already a topic in the troubleshooting hub: Gameplay - File failed to save (25)

There is a thread in thub about auction house issues and connection issues. Related?

never seen this error. but generally no, I’ve bought and sold hundreds of modded cars from auction house, never had any issues other than the “negative winnings” stat

Did this happen the other day when there were widespread server issues? Is the auction still listed in your bids or is there a sign of the car somewhere?

I haven’t experienced it but have had cars that appeared to be modded in.

I started the other thread in troubleshooting / bugs. I noticed it exactly on release of Motorsports. While attributed issues with shared physical and intellectual property between the 2 companies and did not consider a bum car from the auction house. I used to spend several hours a week buying the season cars to flip later on so i guess that could be something too. However that very same issue still persists to this day even after 7 months. I’ve un and re installed, the game, ms store, xbox app to no avail. This is on the steam platform.

Well I contacted the support and they got back to me. Deleting photos seemed to have solved the issue for now. So my assumption is that my save file exeeded the maximum allowed size for the cloud saves and therefor everything that required allocation new save space failed.
Not the most satisfying outcome. But I can live with deleting a few photos for now, let’s see how many cars and liveries that bought me. :sweat_smile:

Interesting… i only have maybe 10 or 12 photos saved but I’ll give it a try later on when i can.

Thank you for the heads up , i appreciate it

Well looks like that bought me around 10 cars. It seems like each object I delete allows me to add another object. Oh, and cars you collect from the auction house will lose their tunes and liveries.

1 Like

this happened to me when I had over 2000 unclaimed cars, it cause havoc in my garage and with livery save files, etc

I deleted 15 photos then gifted a auction car that didn’t sell. That went all be it slow transferring it went without that failure code 25. Whereas before i would get it there too. So that said the devs should put some text with that error code to point to what it actually is like max cloud storage or something besides just a generic number. I do have a pile of liveries i might be able to part with some of them along with some old outdated tunes to free up more space too. Just shows that not all threads get passed along to the right people either. 7 months plus a few posts ( some not so polite as others but understandable ) and not so much as a response to this topic. Player base comes through yet again. Thank you !!

Actually I don’t think it’s max could storage after testing around. It also happens in singleplayer mode and like mentioned I was able to get one more car for each photo I deleted. A photo should take way more storage than the information that you got a car.
In addition to that at least from the Steam side my save could be a lot bigger and would still be synced.
I think it’s more an issue of the number of object references. Probably an array with a fixed size in one of the classes that is used during saving, something like that,…
Edit: Just guessing of course.

1 Like

I guess when you collected them all. The cars stached away in the action house don’t seem to impact that issue.
@hotrods70 Btw, this also means not collecting cars from the auction house, which you want to use at a later point in time, can keep your object count down.

1 Like

exactly, when I started collecting them, it gave me a file save error every time, then the car showed up with the tune and livery stripped

can also confirm that you never lose uncollected cars, as far as I can tell. I still have hundreds after 2 years

1 Like

I Know its not the right forum for that kind of Issue but I cant find one related to it. May someone of you Guys can help me. I bought Forza Horizon 5 today and in the titlescreen I always get the Error E:0 -19. How can I fix it? I want to play.

One thing I’ve noticed that seems relevant is some of the stock cars brought in from the auction house have locked designs even though they are indistinguishable from the default paint. If the object count is influencing this I would expect clearing these will make a difference. I’ve started occasionally going through to clear these out but don’t have a way to test really. I’ve been getting some really long wait times often when adding a car or when just viewing a car history.

Otherwise, glad some progress has been made in understanding this.

I imagine that there is a hidden save bucket for things like photos and such too. Now consider for example this weeks Forzathon asked you to spend 20k on upgrades. How many cars do you have with several or all upgrades ? Those upgrades have to be stored or remembered by the game also. The devs increased the save size for the garage, tunes, and livery. However either it was not technically possible or just not considered when those others happened to increasethe size of that hidden save bucket. Now factor in that each car has it’s own upgrade ownership where a good suggestion is to have the upgrade system improved to have upgrades accessible to duplicate cars for the different tunes / races. A step further would be to sell the upgrades back to the shop or “flea market” for a reduced price because currently there’s no way to delete just those parts without deleting the whole car.

1 Like