Convertible Cars Windows

Does anyone else find this really disappointing when using convertible cars and lowering the roof is a nice animation it bothers me that on most of the cars when you take the roof down the windows don’t roll down it makes it look strange the ferrari portofino rolls the windows down when you lower the roof and it looks great but why on other cars do the windows not roll down I wish the Devs would make that the case

4 Likes

Give 'em a break. By horizon 38 they’ll have it right. If we’re all still alive.

6 Likes

Good point. PGG could “borrow” that feature from TDU.

There is a topic for that in the Suggestion Hub, I suggest adding a vote there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

10000000000%

Lol

1 Like

They don’t even need to do that the ferrari portofino rolls the windows down when you lower its roof and when you raise it the windows roll back up as you’d expect but on every other convertible the roof lowers but the windows stay up and it just looks stupid and immersion breaking but thr portofino works just fine

I really wish they would roll down the windows on the convertibles. When you take the top off of your car, you don’t drive around with the windows up. It would be a really cool feature. A lot of people have been asking but it has yet to be rolled out.

1 Like

They haven’t even fixed the whole convertible thing yet (still a few cars who’s tops won’t lower outside of Forzavista), so why would anyone expect them to fix the windows?

1 Like

Ye I know it’s a shame as it would be so cool if they fixed convertibles altogether and the windows but it’ll likely never happen at this point

Those are on the won’t fix by design list. In other words, they haven’t got a clue how to make it work properly.

1 Like

I’ve come to accept that myself it’s a shame some don’t even work and can never take roof down and not be able to roll windows down on them either it confuses me as the Ferrari Portofino rolls the windows down when you lower it’s roof I don’t get why on other cars it doesnt but oh well it’s not game breaking just immersion breaking imo

Well, while I admit, it wouldn’t be a game breaker. It is a developer breaker and a qc breaker. And as you say, an immersion breaker.

But the worst thing about it is they advertised it as being a feature of the up coming game. But then when the game is released without it working. And all they do is say “won’t fix by design”, it actually becomes a customer service failure. And for a real company who actually cares about their customers it should become an internal nightmare. But I really doubt anyone within PGG cares or it wouldn’t be on the “won’t fix by design” list.

4 Likes

I’ve long questioned the very existence of the “won’t fix (or) by design” list itself. At least for some of the items on it. For a real company that actually cares about their customers it should NOT exist. Seems the very least they’d do is keep it an in house only label and at least lie to us that they’re working on stuff ? Is it that they don’t even care that much ? Or, I suppose… they’re being honest ? More honest than the long running bad support joke of the canned “Solved !” replies at least. sigh. Not even sure why I posted this comment. Frustration ? Exhaustion ? Commercial break boredom ?

2 Likes

Well, whether by honesty or any other admission, to say a product will be one way, and then it turns out different. Then to have people complain that it isn’t the way it was advertised. Only to say you won’t fix it or it turned out that way by design. Is by no other way of explanation but to say, your initial design was a failure and your design team has no idea how to rectify the situation. There’s no other way to explain the outcome.

Is there any other way to explain it?

At least in my case, sometimes the design is mandated by higher authorities (or the design was DONE by higher authorities). And the resulting terrible/unintuitive mess… is exactly as those authorities designed.

“Ignore the higher authorities!” :laughing: perhaps there’s some wisdom in that, but that’s usually not how the hierarchy works.

In general, I’ve learned to keep those authorities as far away as possible from design. I have much better success when my requirements come from actual users in the field and then the design is done by technical people who understand the system architecture. But sometimes headquarters is gonna headquarters.

1 Like

Not too likely though the higher authority will allow the lower level to pass off the blame like they are doing.

But we are dealing with Microsoft and the reputation of windows so maybe, who knows.

@AnakalaRon ye it definitely breaks immersion, but I still can’t wrap my head around why the Ferrari Portofino rolls down the windows when you take the roof down and rolls them back up when you put the roof back on, then with other cars the windows don’t roll down. I can’t see why it can work fine with only that car and no others when the animation clearly exists in the game, also, on the Ferrari cali t when you put the roof down only the back windows roll down it just looks and feels wrong.

And the convertibles that only let the roof work on forzavista and not when driving when convertibles were a highlight and selling point of the game, it’s definitely not a good thing to just pass it of as “by design” how can it be by design when convertibles were a selling point? Maybe they don’t know how to fix it… Or they can’t be bothered kinda like how it feels with the Rimac Nevera having it’s Aero Function Mode backwards sorry for long message I tend to vent lol

2 Likes

No worries, vent, maybe someone in PGG is listening. Probably not. But we can hope. No,the only thing I can think of is just low esteem for game. They (the development team) just don’t care about the “car things” of the game.

1 Like

Ye it would seem that way unfortunately

1 Like