Controller disconnect

Thus happens everytime i play, the game thinks my controller disconnects, and it always happens during a race. My controller didn’t disconnect and it only happens in forza horizon 5

@DarkFire175553 we’re doing periodic check-ins: would you please confirm if this bug continues to be an issue after updates released since you first reported it? If so please provide details about your platform, controller type, and related settings.

1 Like

Xbox X. Microsoft - Elite Series 2 Wireless Controller

Controller disconnects randomly, X light on controller blinks then reconnects. Disconnect occurs mostly in freeroam and arcade.

Occurs only in Horizon 5. Zero issues in other games.

@DarkFire175553 @Dafuzz_Sr is this still an issue after recent FH5 updates?

Random controller disconnects at times still. It’s mostly a minor annoyance. Most times the following solves it, some times it takes a bit of patience.

I force quit the game by removing from Quick Resume forcing restart and power cord pull from Xbox.

This latest update drops more frequently.

1 Like

Narrowing further, frequent controller disconnects happening with this new patch.

Suspect it’s menu related. Festival Playlist is particularly affected as well as during vehicle selection inside Horizon Festival garage.

1 Like

I’ve encountered this error before, but not lately.

Have you checked to see if the controller firmware is up-to-date?

Do you have an additional controller to test and see if it has the same issue? Do you have an additional Xbox you could test on?

I recently got my Xbox s and everything was fine until 2 days ago. The controller won’t work with any car in Forza 5. All other games are fine. Including FM. Any suggestions?

I fully agree. I’ve noticed a lot and this usually happens to me when I’m in garage or when I’m pushing a car hard in game as the controller vibrates during gear changes, burnout and drifts or off-roading. This is seriously annoying tbh and has been persistent for so long! No other game does this in my tests.

1 Like