Collectibles - no collision on bonus boards and pinata helmets (3889316)

Platform: Xbox One S

Video provided via Xbox Capture

I’ve encountered a few instances of this happening where I go to crash into either a Bonus Board, Grit Reaper Crate or Raptor Piñata and I just phase through it without touching it.

This isn’t happening to all of them but every so often I’ll find one which I just can’t hit at all.

All of the Items in the Videos below haven’t been hit previously, this was my first time finding each of them and attempting to hit them.

An Apex Bonus Board in the Dunes Region of the Map:

A large Concentration of Several Piñata in the East North-East of the Dunes Region:

There were some Piñatas here that I was able to hit and then there were these and a few more that I couldn’t.

I haven’t been able to get footage of the Grit Reapers Crates but I will add it if I do get some.

Xbox Series X, This appears to have started yesterday or today for me, it’s not all the time but as KillerSpectre21 describes, I’m driving through/at the spawnable objects (be that the chests or piñatas) and it’s as if I drove far to the side, no reaction/smash/change.

1 Like

It happened to me the other day with Apex and Grit Reapers box, first I would break through them and then they invisible lol but I could break them until in one the game crashed.

After starting again I think they saw each other again.

There is an achievement for breaking 150 boxes of Grit Reapers and another for 150 car piñatas.

1 Like

Same issue occurred yesterday for me.

XSX

At the bike track, at least 50% of the trucks I phased thru.

The river area was similar.

The dunes again was similar.

1 Like

Have you tried fully closing the game. It seems to be that Quick Resume is one of the main causes at least with my testing. Every now and then this occurs and I have to close the game and reload

2 Likes

I’m on Xbox One S, no Quick Resume for me

you cant break some of the promo boards, you just drive through them

2 Likes

Happening with at least two bonus boards for me on Steam.

3 Likes

I’m also experiencing it on Steam in the rally adventure dlc.

2 Likes

Same to me on PC windows 10 from windows store.

2 Likes

I have had the same phase through of an Apex board this morning but on the PC Steam Version on Windows10 64bit OS, its installed on an M.2 SSD.

1 Like

Please continue to provide information to help the Forza team’s investigation, such as platform, other settings, which car being used, which game mode, any related events such as at the start of game or after quick resume or fast travel etc.

1 Like

In the original case I had fast travelled to the Dune Area as I was trying to get scores at the PR Stunts there. Once setting the Scores I decided to explore a bit in Horizon Life Freeroam when I saw the Piñatas and the Board (going to Horizon Solo Freeroam didn’t fix the issue either).

My Platform is Xbox One S as previously mentioned and my Power Setting is for Power Saving so I don’t have any Quick Restarts or Quick resumes etc.

Switching Cars did nothing for me, the first car I was driving was the Mercedes CLK GTR but I later switched to the Jeep Trailcat, Unimog, Austin Sprite and Hoonigan Cossie V1 to no avail.

I have managed to fix the Issue for myself by restarting the game if I encounter the bug but I haven’t been actively smashing things as of late.

A User on Reddit reported running into the Issue yesterday so I’ve sent the Link to him and asked him to provide his case.

I’m seeing reports on Reddit that this is now also happening in the Basegame with the Seasonal Piñata Helmets so it seems to be more widespread than just Rally Adventure.

I’ve posted the link to this Report there and asked a few of them to provide info on there case so hopefully some of them do.

Hello,

Closing this issue as Will Not Fix. The developers have noted this issue as Too minor for prioritization at this time.

Thank you,

1 Like