Cars - Critical Graphics and Audio Problems on All Cars (Seriously worse than FH5, FM7 & GT7)

Didn’t know the loudness war had somethng to do with the video game industry as well??

2 Likes

I can’t get into this game anymore. I just can’t. The car models make those in FH 5 and FM 7 look like premium models while the bad audio mixing and fake car sounds totally destroy immersion.

Good job T10, hope you’re happy. :rage:

“The accuracy of the samples in most cars are way off the mark, but when they nail it, they nail it hard as Opencamswrx has said.”

@CRSSQU4R3D I know right? Listen to both the FXX-K’s or the Huayra BC. The sound mixing is almost dreamy on those.

9 Likes

Strongly agree @opencamswrx !! This video perfectly sums up this game! The drip-feeding of the same car models for the 10th time but they somehow look absolutely the worst - blatant lies and built form the ground up BS from Turn10 studios! Just bland, passionless and dead presentation all around from the menu music, no offline mode and track details to the actual cars’ visual & audio accuracy and fidelity; despite having the most powerful Xbox generation ever!

I’ve simply refused to play the game due to how ripped off I personally feel from FM. Might as well pull this heap of downgraded and unpolished mess from the shelves at the least for another year! Put some passion back into it. Shame on us for how patient we are with you!

8 Likes

Car models are simply awful
Glossy A pillar is unacceptable as reflections in rt mode
In interior as in exterior
Black from constructors is often not black but gray or blue
On m3 e46 is brown!!!
They are still not able to fix aluminium color apllied on m4 rims
It appear white

This game is a loss of respect for players
No carreer
Limited time to do some races
Forza vista incredibly bad
Bad graphics
Bad menu

Steam charts says all about this shame

5 Likes

Truly eye-opening statements made in this video and you can tell they really still held themselves back in criticism! Can’t be said enough!

1 Like

Considering this is a current generation only first-party game, I am truly shocked and disappointed in its visual quality. Forza Horizon 5 and Gran Turismo 7 are cross generation games and they both look leagues better than Forza Motorsport.

The Forza Motorsport series used to be the pinnacle of graphical fidelity and a showcase for what the Xbox could do. It’s why I bought a Series X! The original promo videos showed a visually stunning game. What was released is a totally different version.

I do have hope that they can/will fix the numerous visual issues. As it stands, I do regret the investment I made in buying a Series X and this game.

4 Likes

I agree with every word you say, the worst of all is that at this point people defend it on the internet, and they lie, saying that it looks better than gt7 HAHAHA I am really pleased to read someone who knows what he is saying and who does not allow himself to be influenced, but there is no one to save him from this, forza motorsport is always going to be this, I seriously wish that Gran Turismo comes to PC, because I don’t see myself putting it hours to this as to the horizon5…

2 Likes

The dealbreaker is - Cross-generational open world FH5 LOOKS and SOUNDS significantly better and sharper than a current-generation only, exclusive and closed circuit/world FORZA Motorsport. The Crew Motorfest and GT7 car modeling, lighting and detail are simply astonishing and have only increased their lead on FORZA. There’s literally no Xbox exclusive racing game besides FH5 which launched in 2021 to show the Xbox Series’s capability for 2023-2024.

With how bad this game looks and also sounds, I have simply lost the appetite for it. Never thought I would say that for a FORZA game. There’s no coming back from this like CDPR or Halo. The LFG posts and steam charts dictate the results of this absolute lackluster game.

Really looking forward to the next Horizon Title. I sincerely hope the Horizon team knock it out of the park in car modeling and detail! (FH5 car models do fall behind The Crew Motorfest and GT 7 in accuracy and detail but not as drastically compared to the “all-new” FM)

8 Likes

Forza is a joke at this point.
Graphics and car sounds are the major problem. The game looks closer to FM7 than any new gen game like horizon 5. Too much reflection for not enough Colors and detail. Graphics need a serious fix.
Car sounds are random. Some cars sound actually good, like the GTR Nismo, or Shelby GT500/GT350. But overall most car sounds are so disappointing. Here’s a List of car engines that NEED A FIX NOW and sound nothing like the real cars.

• All the Porsche Flat 6 Engine models
  • All Huracan/R8 V10 Engine models
  • Lamborghini V12 Engine models
  • Mercedes AMG V8 engine models.
  • McLaren V8 engine models
  • most Ferrari models
    Or any iconic sounding cars like the LFA are totally off.

It’s shocking that such a new game is not even close to the accurate engine sounds on these cars. Forza Motorsport has a huge potential but the game is undone. I hope we get the content and the game we deserve through updates, especially for the price of the game.

I hope this message can be seen and understood by the community and by the game developers.

1 Like

Don’t forget to vote for your own post.

2 Likes

Couldnt have said it better ive been looking for someone that would go into detail on this problem. I also dont like how the brightness is turned up in the driver view. To me it washes everything out even more. And the sounds are not good at all. Even with similar sounds im fm7 it sounded like the car was really moving and you could hear turbos and transmission with some intensity. The game looks and sounds boring and dull. Its really a shame they didnt say anything about the visuals on their letter to the community for update 4.0. Even though these kinds of posts are everywhere on the forums. And youtube…… and every other social media platform. I hope they aren’t ignoring it and are just waiting until everything else is sorted out. I hope…

5 Likes

I agree. Just gonna throw in a little shimmer of hope. When it comes to the car models. One thing i did notice. The Mclaren Senna GTR looks like the most solid model in the game right now even compared to other cars that have just released. So hopefully the other cars get tweaked and get this treatment as well because this car is the first car ive looked at that looks like its good enough to be in a “next gen” game. Everything looks smoother to me atleast. Im the headlight and tired by just a bit forsure.

Here is a comparison between the Mclaren GTR and the Aston Martin Valkryie ( i think the mclaren just looks a little bit more detailed)

Funny thing is that V8 and Wankels sounded lame in pretty much every Forza game so far allthough there are plenty of videos of real cars on youtube where you can see and hear how it should be. I miss that brap brap brap from Wankel, instead we got some lawnmowers or sewing machines, same goes for all the classic muscle car V8s, they lack the growl, that dirty idling…you get the idea.

Overall i completly agree with everything already said. Its just so sad for a game which was developed for 6 years.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

While I appreciate the possible glimmer of hope in newer car models, but I really only see everything wrong with the visuals. The colors. paint, textures, details, lighting, car exterior lightning and reflections are not there or dialed in at all. Especially noticeable on inner chassis components too.

In short - It looks as if Real Racing 3 was ported over from mobile to Xbox.

THIS - in my opinion IS very troublesome as I always looked forward to FORZA as an XBOX fan and car enthusiast and for being the title to showcase the very best of Xbox and a car lover’s photorealistic dream. And this new title only further pales in comparison against its own brother FH5, way behind GT7 and also the Crew Motorfest in terms of actual car models, car details, exterior lighting. interior details, car sounds and overall visual fidelity in both cars and environment !

A game’s passion lies in its artistry and storytelling. It is always visible in its main characters, and its environment where their story unfolds. A racing game where its characters - the cars - look neglected - and have no space to express their personalities - in this case their engine and transmission sounds, their characteristics like their paint accuracy, colors, details like textures, shadows, reflections, contrast, shine, interior lighting and exterior lightning and so on!

A bland licensed racing game with no identity like previous Motorsport and Horizon games and its main characters being neglected for worse this time. I

It’s only worse when brand new to FORZA vehicles like the Senna GTR and the Valkyrie look like that… (poor visual fidelity and texture problems noticeable on paints, headlamp and tail lamp housings, composite materials, suspension arms, front splitter, taillights etc and so many ……). Almost every single (:duck:duck quacking) car has poor and unfinished interior textures on the headliners, A pillars, sun visors and dash with either incomplete or incorrect interior lightning, details and models.

To top it off, the game has the “new-gen” FLAT lifeless look. No soul or life whatsoever here.

As a result, I’ve refused to play this game since the launch week since this is THE biggest dealbreaker IMO.

8 Likes

My thoughts are the same tbh. The Real racing 3 comparison is so good lmao

3 Likes

Maaan most of these Porsches sound terrible. What even is this 2018 GT2 RS sound?!

6 Likes

This the first time I have seen all forums where people post problems for forza, I cannot agree more with everyone and I have experienced a bunch of problems with forza motorsport

3 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. For tracking purposes we need voting topics to be limited to one idea each rather than lists or grouped issues. In this case, please use separate topics for individual models. Search the FM Car Issues category for existing topics to upvote in order to avoid duplicate topics. If a topic needs to be created, use the title format “Cars - (Make Model Year) (issue)” where the issue might be audio, graphics, paint, body panels, upgrades, etc.

2 Likes