Cars - Critical Graphics and Audio Problems on All Cars (Seriously worse than FH5, FM7 & GT7)

The sound part is the big one for me. I really hope they take a good look at that aspect and improve upon it a lot. I’ve found cars I like the sound of anyway. But even they could likely sound a lot better I bet.

Seems to me like many cars in the game, likely most, did sound better in older titles. And that’s a shame.

I hope they can improve it. I’m still having a blast with the game but I would be lying if I didn’t say this i aspect is seriously bothering me.

4 Likes

This I can agree to! All the cars desparatelty need a sound update. Gt7 sounds so much better. If gt7 can do it, so can forza.

5 Likes

The BIGGEST dealbreaker here, even by FORZA’s own standards, is that the cars in FM just look absolutely bland and terrible in this game, Same models are WAY better in FH5 and GT7, with GT7 only widening the gap in car model fidelity and visual accuracy. The inaccurate and dim luminosity of the headlamps and taillamps and the fake car sounds make it worse. LMP1 cars drive in the most unrealistic manner - all over the place.

It seems like GT waited for the perfect moment to release their big update lol - just have a look at the Lexus LFA, Nissan Nismo R400 (Based on R33) and the Mercedes Benz 190E! That is the biggest problem for the first Series X and S exclusive FORZA title - there is literally no selling point or wow factor with the new FM apart from its physics and track environment. It is not pulling my inner car enthusiast or any true FORZA/car enthusiasts in!

This game is extremely unrefined visually even after its delayed release! The cars do look like a console version of a mobile racing game - Real Racing 3 - due to its bland, flat and lifeless visuals. I just cannot come around to playing this game because of this. This is the last time for me to pre-order a forza game.

Despite clearly not being the best, FORZA was only behind Gran Turismo. Not anymore when creators of GT7, The Crew Motorfest and NFS Unbound having better looking car models. Such an embarrassment that as an Xbox fan it hurts.

The hardware Xbox Series X and S is more than capable with X having more raw power than PS5. It’s not the hardware limitations (check FH5, The Crew M, NFS Unbound lol) - it’s not that Turn 10 is an indie studio or that they are lacking the resources. The one title, the sole Xbox’s flagship racing game supposed to set industry standards in car modeling and photorealism, alongside GT7 if not better, has seriously let us down. This game blandly fails against its own Horizon 5 brother in visual and audio fidelity.

13 Likes

Completely agree with everything you said. But I would like to take this opportunity to also complain about the extremely annoying, and completely unrealistic amount of pops, bangs, crackles, and flames coming out of the exhausts. On some cars, like a Dodge Demon, or Jaguar F-type, sure there are pops and bangs on downshifts. BUT NOT ON A BLOODY VW GOLF. And the amounts of exhaust flames??? There is no car on earth (apart from Group B rally cars) where they spit flames on every other downshift. Seriously, what the fwaq? Completely ruins the immersion for me.

10 Likes

Yeah, that also sounds unrealistic as well.

1 Like

This is really annoying for me… All cars, even in stock form, have some sort of pops and exhaust flames… it is not very authentic at all… Sometimes I set up a hot hatch or other low level racing against the AI and every car in front of me is popping, banging and spitting fire :joy:

7 Likes

My explanation is that T10 have not QC the ported cars, validated how they work with the new rendering and lighting mechanism inside the new game engine. They just cut corners, doing half the job and not finishing it so while some new cars look normal, most recycled cars don’t.
or 2), they thought all the old cars and models will eventually be scrapped anyway so didn’t waste time fixing them. (lol)
*edit: I prefer the latter.

2 Likes

I agree with everything but the exhaust tip movement. They barely move IRL. The old effect was waaay too much.
I would like to point out that after the most recent Xbox dolby access update Dolby Atmos sounds much better. Odd thing is that it’s still flat-ish until Performance RT is enabled. Especially in cockpit views. I’m not saying that FM’s sound is actually good, it’s not, I am saying that there’s more to it than the sound design. Something is broken elsewhere if the only way I’m able to get acceptable audio is by enabling Performance RT.

Listen, the sound recording method and audio engineering engine they are using is fundamentally broken or not functioning as it should.

Cars like the FXX-K, both versions, or the LaFerrari and Huayra BC sound bonkers good which tells me they have the proper sound files.

If they’re going to update ALL cars with the correct sound files in due time then I’m willing to cut them some slack…

If not and were expected to live with this “yeah… This will do” mentality, then no way am I ever buying a other T10 product again. There are other developers doing a much better job of the sound with great physics and visuals to match.

6 Likes

Remember that flat-out lie in that developer direct video they said and I quote: “This is the best sounding Forza Motorsport ever!” “Each audio system has been rebuilt from the ground up to deliver a new level of sonic depth and authenticity for our players”.

I’ll never stop questioning those behind the scenes for this LIE. How can you convince us that THIS is the “BEST SOUNDING FORZA MOTORSPORT” when most of the cars sound worse than even 14 year old Forza Motorsport 3?!. The 812 Superfast sounds like a 458…the upcoming returning Aventador SV sounds even worse than it did on Forza 7…what the hell is up with the car sound engineers?! How about they fire whomever is responsible for the car sounds and hire a car enthusiast that will do the job

10 Likes

Yep, they lied to us from the ground up.

Liars, the whole lot.

6 Likes

That C8R wasn’t particularly sounding good either.

4 Likes

The lie was captured on video. Great find that I didn’t know about :+1:

MAYBE an this is just a idea… They bring these “Realsitic Sounds” as a PAID DLC :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

I admit, the tire squeal in this game is the best sounding to date.
The rest, idk.

Thus it makes the car sound synthesized, flat, compressed, inaccurate, does not even match with their real life versions a single bit. Every single time I drive my favorite cars, my face remains :expressionless: :neutral_face:
and the entire experience is nothing but upsetting. It sounds so horrible. I am in loss of words to express my frustrations. To be honest among the 9 horrendous sounding cars in the game(which I have created as individual topics in this forum) Lexus LFA and Porsche Carrera GT have been torn into pieces. These 2 cars were supposed to have that iconic and legendary sound which we all know off. Hence a serious, if not a must have sound update has become compulsory. A lot of other cars are having audio issues as I am analyzing(this analysis takes a lot of time).

2 Likes

Hopefully they are reviewing all the feedback @T10ManteoMax FYI

3 Likes

Yeah. It will be relieving once we see the issues getting listed in the Known Issues List and fix those, I still don’t see any of them added yet @T10ManteoMax FYI

1 Like

Why these two cars doesn’t sound like this ?

Even The V8s of American muscle sound awful!
This game needs to be redone

2 Likes

I’ve simply lost all interest in this game.

I’m constantly reminded of how terrible this game is visually and sonically for a AAA licensed racing simulator even by FORZA’s own photorealism standards whenever I look forward to the monthly updates streams , in hopes of serious visual/audio improvement to all cars in FM. They were only behind Polyphony in their car model fidelity and audio.

It really shows when the LFG posts have been low with a max of 28-32 posts per day.

There is no engagement factor, no motive or enthusiasm to drive and collect these cars and enjoy Motorsport like I used to, when cars look bland, lack fidelity in their models compared to the competitors , its very own previous titles (FH5 and FM7), their own photorealistic standards; and absolutely sound like lawn mowers in an echo chamber.

I want to be proven wrong and I do wish to play FM not never in this state!! The cars just do not look or sound solid. And I sincere Hope that the devs are working on a strong visual and patch update along with the car models even if it means one model at a time!

IMG_4134

4 Likes

Well, from an engineering standpoint, it is. The problem is that it’s chock full of nonsensical loudness war techniques that have no place in the spatial audio world at all. FM is a good 5 - 6dB louder than FH5 and FH5 is already too compressed. That tells you all you need to know about FM. The accuracy of the samples in most cars are way off the mark, but when they nail it, they nail it hard as Opencamswrx has said.

This is not the fully immersive 3D mixed spectacular we were sold on. Not quite. It’s clearly broken. I experience totally different things in the same car sometimes. Other day I was in the 765LT and at one point I hit a curb or triggered something and the cabin dolby atmos kicked on. It sounded quite good. Shortly afterward it went to crap tho.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the accessibility features are at fault for the spatial woes. They’re causing issues in FH5 too. Just cycle through the screen reader modes and you’ll hear that each one has a different mix. Drives me nuts that they won’t fix it.

5 Likes