Cars breaking down?

What you just described is the simulation damage setting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t imagine they would ever implement break downs or sim damage that you’d need to be virtually towed back to the shop for repairs. The game is fun despite some things that force to to suspend the illusion of reality. Horizon would not be as enjoyable if you were pretty much forced to drive the speed limit to avoid damage and being pulled over. I can have that experience on the drive home from work. Virtual super cars were meant to be virtually raced and sped.

That said, it would be fun to have a couple working gas stations that you could pull into provided gas isn’t a requirement and that the stations serve as part of the immersion.

-k

2 Likes

For those of you who want fuel consumption and random breakdowns while out cruising around, try this http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/
After work I don’t get a lot of time to do much as I work late afternoon shifts, when I get home I just like going for a quick fang in a car I will personally never be able to experience in the real world. Stuff fuel, I just want to have fun.
In Forza 5 I have the fuel and damage on as, if you listen to Dan Greenawalt, it is designed to be “more precise” than the FH series.

What a great idea for a casual, free roam driving game, breaking down! Hey, they should implement a hitchhiking aspect to it so you can wait around for ages until someone who doesn’t look like an axe murderer picks you up and takes you to the nearest town to find a tow.

Why not take it a step further - you have to take your car for a service every so often and wait around for the oil to be changed, and check your tire pressures before starting a long journey. Because simulating everything possible is fun, right?

1 Like

LOL If driver avatar customization is included, remind me to make mine look like an axe murderer.

Hell,while your at it,why not add a road side rest so you can stop and take a leak after a long drive,that real enough for you?

1 Like

I think mechanical breakdowns would be taking it too far in this case, probably what will happen with damage in FH2 is that it’ll effect the drivability of the car but not to the point in which it won’t move. Unless the damage model is on par with the Motorsport series where you can damage the engine to the point in which you’re dang close to not moving at all.

Fuel consumption is something I’d like to see in an open-world game, the only open world game I know of that had fuel consumption was Mafia II but the story was so dang linear that you really never had to put fuel in a vehicle except on one mission.

I’d like to see it in Horizon 2, but I highly doubt it’ll be there. It could be optional, but at the same time they should just model in some gas stations and let us pretend.