Career not saving after reopening game (1608827)

My Career is still not saving as of the update on 25/10/23
I just progressed in Enthusiast series from the start to the Mx-5 challenge, last race and then left the game to cook dinner. Rebooted the game and I am now 2 races from the end the of the MX5 series. I have lost 2 races of progress now.

Can report the same. I just finished the last race of the “German Rivals” builders cup. Upon return to the career menu, I noticed that it had that green medal icon on it rather than the 1st place trophy icon. Rebooted the game and the progress of the last race is lost. Come on Turn 10… Saving game progression is the most basic feature in video games. How is this issue still not solved? Guess I’ll have to put the game down for another few weeks.

3 Likes

I have now completed the Prototype Power series 3 times and have been awarded the Acura LMP car and an achievement for completing my 2nd tour, but the series is still showing the next race is Kyalami. I’m unable to race the Reward Showcase race at Road America which locked again as I was trying to enter it after the game froze.

5 Likes

Yep I’m experiencing the same thing my Miata is level 50 and I can’t go pass buying a car in the German series it just sits there.
Very frustrating can we pls fix

1 Like

Same issue. I’ve completed the Exotics Series twice now yet it’s still saying that I haven’t.
Very disappointing.

1 Like

Same here
Happens inconsistently but happens daily.

2 Likes

Same here, I lose an event or two when I go back to my game. Somehow I have 1 cup showing as completed in Moderm Tour but apparently I haven’t completed the last race in Practical Performance. I also lost the progress from completing the first race in the Track Day set.

1 Like

Same thing here. Game is updated to 1.1

Just played the last two races of the Fox Body Challenge (Laguna Seca and Virginia), directly went on to the Pony car event. After I bought a car for that series it got stuck on a infinite loading screen saying the car is getting delivered to the garage.

After restarting the game both races were lost, I have to do Laguna Seca again. How can that be? Doesn’t the game save after each event?

Update: Did the two races again, but skipped training this time. Exact same thing happened when I tried to buy the car for the Pony car Showdown.
But the car level Progress was saved, so I now have a level 45 Foxbody :smile:.

Did Laguna Seca a third time. Exited the game afterwards. After a restart it was saved this time.
So I “only” have to get it to save Virginia this time…

1 Like

Same/similar issue. The game is crashing/getting stuck at times while buying a car or upgrading. Only to come back to see I’ve lost the previous race progress. Had to repeat 3-4 races at different times so far. It’s frustrating to replay.

1 Like

Same here, the game seems to not save after races, which is very odd. Can’t finish the track exotics as I can’t progress afterwards and when re entering the game the last race at Indy is wiped. Funnily enough all changes to the car were saved, just not the progress.

I have multiple crashes on the Series X and then progress is not beeing saved…that is the messiest experience I had on any Forza Game unfortunately. Not really fun atm…

1 Like

Same here, I have completed the same race 5 times now because it keeps crashing and doesn’t save the progression. Extremely frustrating

1 Like

It’s known, they have yet to fix it. Nothing will change until they put out a patch

Only 2 races hey? Lucky. I’ve repeated literally 30+ races due to the saving glitch/hanging on upgrades/buying/tuning etc.

3 Likes

i have the same problem, i played multiple times the last races and every day the same problem

1 Like

What makes it harder is that the tracker of how many times you’ve won an event on the left updates. So it will show me having won a story 9 times, when I’ve only managed to successfully finish each story once

1 Like

I have had a similar issue with the fox body challenge it did not remember I had completed all but one event. I have since done those last three races and then went onto the next event Pony Club, selected a car for the game to freeze again when selecting said car while the game goes to save the progress.

1 Like

Same thing here, doing the same race 3 times and keeps resetting after i try to do the showcase event, says cant synce data. Not playing now till this gets updated, loving the game but hate having to repeat stuff and getting nowhere.

1 Like

Did Foxbody / Virginia a third time, but bought the Dodge before that.

So this time I didn’t have to buy a car when progressing to Pony Car Showdown.

It let me do the first two races there, I exited the game normally after Lime Rock Park, will see if it saved it next time I play…

Yeah please fix that bug. i quite enjoy the game but i am getting frustrated because of this bug. Had to replay races at least 6 Times.

Hey There exactly the same here ! X series
Come on, Enthusiast Tour → JDM last race completed 3 times !! Come on #Turn10 !! Allo !?
Unable to access to any other race “data not accessible from server” … then game getting stuck. Then return to the same progression !Suzuka race…
Just disgusted of this game, 100€ for an unfinished game ! Shame on you Turn10.
So now, I stopped playing this game until fixed…
@microsoft → I bought this console just for Horizon & FM … should I return to Sony that deliver on expectations ? :face_vomiting:

1 Like

The same is happening to me, under Practical Performance and Premium Performance (I’ve done the Road america race 4 times, and then did Suzuka and Spa and when loading the next game, the game froze so went out and restarted, and lost all the progress, again).
Whats the point of playing if we can’t even progress or trust that our progress will be saved.
Incredibly disappointed in Motorsport 8.