buying Lamborghini SVJ from cheater

I bought a Lamborghini Aventador SVJ from auction house. Then, someone just let me know that I might get banned for 30 days at least if I owned a car that is unreleased. so I want to ask that if whether I will still receive the ban after I remove SVJ from my garage, or do I still get to keep it.

If you knowingly bought something from a cheater, you may well end up getting a temp ban. If I were you, I’d delete the car, and not do anything that stupid again.

5 Likes

Deleted as I really need to start reading things thoroughly. Thank you Grace for setting me straight

1 Like

It actually does cover unreleased cars. It’s a ban worthy offence, especially if you come to the forum and admit that you have knowingly obtained a car you shouldn’t have.

3 Likes

Ah…my bad…I didn’t even consider that they wouldn’t mention it till they got to the ban lengths section!

“Obtaining unreleased cars will result in a 30-day ban at minimum. Repeated offenses will result in a permanent suspension of both the account and device.”

So, OP, yes, you can very well be banned for 30 days for obtaining it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not clear. I know the game very well but what if your kid just randomly buy something on AH? It’s not good design.

1 Like

Not sure why devs dont check for the car release date when AH is beeing used??? !!! It’s simple.
If you want to put a car on AH you simply cant. If you want to buy a car from AH like ths you simply cant.
That easy , PG.
A new player or a kid doesnt know about the rules or if the car is legit or not. He buys, plain and simple.

Ohh wait but if i want to buy that Ford Coupe FE i cant. Because there you are loosing money, :smiley: players are expendable.

5 Likes

very true!!! this also negatively affects visibility of shared tunes and liveries from those who don’t get the car until it’s released

they do very little to protect the integrity of the game and protect those who follow the rules and who don’t exploit

2 Likes

I really don’t know who to blame here… somewhat the society changed the last years - if someones gets robbed because they don’t own a legit alarm system almost everyone would said that’s their own fault. Just like here some players blame Playground Games that there are hackers out there that can get hands on unreleased cars.

For me a fair punishment were for the buyers of these cars the temporally ban untill these cars in question are available for all to get - so if you get a car that will be available for public in week three of season 2, that should you give about a three weeks ban at least (or more like two and a half week to be precise).

Though everyone says that opportunity makes thieves, I believe you have to blame the thief and not the victim.

3 Likes

This doesn’t make any sense. You can’t expect everyone to keep up with which cars are available and when. It’s the devs responsibility to make sure that players who obtain them illegitimately aren’t able to list them in the auction or send them as gift drops. I ignored two gifts yesterday because of the possibility of receiving an unreleased car.

9 Likes

NO, you will not be banned!

the original owner tag will show someone elses name and not yours.
the enforcement team will and can see this and more and they will know where you got the car from and that you did not inject it into the game.

enjoy the car!

let me add …
I purchased some 20+ cars that are 1 per player in FH4 from the auction house all showing the same owner.
so, the cars are obviously duped cars and I still have a few of them in my garage … im not banned**

2 Likes

Nice, good to know. I think it’s done by machine, not people.

At least buying something before release got some ban.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Any chance you could chime in on this topic MM? I don’t want to obtain cars early via the auction house, but if it’s possible to get banned for somebody else’s hacked car you know the first thing that is going to happen is that hackers are going to send “ban bombs” via the gift system.

Getting banned for something entirely outside of my control would really suck, and right now I’m avoiding gifts like the plague due to this uncertainty.

2 Likes

Cars should be blocked from Auction House, not players fault, it’s PG fault. It’s similar to entrapment.

7 Likes

They cant bann you (there is no way to know) for the act of buying the car from a cheater.
They could ban you for owning that car afterwards, but so to be clear… why are they going to bann you? whats the deal with the Lambo SVJ?

1 Like

If you buy a vehicle from the Auction House using credits obtained legally then who you buy the vehicle from and how they got the vehicle should not be a cause for you to get suspended or banned.

1 Like

LOL, tell about that to V12 Sprungboss. He was banned for it and never came back.

2 Likes

True…except if you are buying a car that you very well know is an Unreleased car and the only way it is in the AH is because someone hacked the game. You are choosing to own a car that you shouldn’t be able to own

3 Likes