[ANSWERED] Forza 7 PC CRASH to Desktop

So,

I was crashing to desktop anytime I was in the “add vinyl” section, I was able to race and navigate other menus just fine… I would add a few vinyls but then it just crashes to desktop with a memory error. I have 16 gb ram installed. So, I changed my virtual memory page file to a larger amount and no error. However, I still have the game crashing to desktop, but now it was in the car selection screen. Is anyone else having these issues? I have no stuttering, no FPS drops and getting 40-60 FPS on 4k when racing.

My PC
I7 4790k
GTX 1070
16gb EVGA DDR3 Ram

1 Like

Many people get this. Is a memory leak.

Hello,

Could you please email forzafb@microsoft.com and include the following information?

Dxdiag file
Press the Windows key and type “dxdiag”
Click the Save All Information… button and save the text document to your desktop

THP Files
You can find these files by going to
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\Turn10Temp.scratch
The AppData file maybe hidden so in file explorer, you will need to enable hidden files by going to View, Options, View tab and clicking the radio button for Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Tasklist
Launch the game
Open a cmd prompt
Type ‘tasklist > “path to .txt file”
i.e: tasklist > C: asklist.txt

Crashreport.xml (Please reproduce the crash before trying to get this file)
You can find these files by going to
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\Temp\Turn10Temp.scratch
The AppData file maybe hidden so in file explorer, you will need to enable hidden files by going to View, Options, View tab and clicking the radio button for Show hidden files, folders and drives.

Thanks.

1 Like

Since I upgraded my windows 10 pro 64b to the fall creators update, I am now part of the issue too.
I just sent en email to forzafb@microsoft.com with the same files.
I hope they will fix that quickly.

I just send an e-mail with the required files.

Hope this helps.

Thanks guys!! It really does help and I appreciate you all helping me out!

1 Like

Thank you, I have emailed the requested documents.

same problem here in online race :
game crashes often to desktop at “waiting drivers”

I really hope a patch soon now ( it s like that since the beginning and it s unacceptable to deliver a game with such bugs)

1 Like