About the new Endurance Races

About Online Racing: Tire wear wasn’t adjusted at all for the longer races. This means that Softs (on the current rotation for GT cars) last only for about half a lap of the full Nürburgring Track, Mediums last about one lap and Hards roughly 2 laps. So the only viable tire strategy right now is going for Hards since Mediums and Softs are basically useless.

About Single Player: Unlocking the new reward car after finishing the Endurance Races in Career mode will take about 5 hours now while other cars before could be unlocked after about 2,5 hours, how is this justified?

6 Likes

like it or not, 90% of the player base plays single player. some of us have been waiting for these longer races for months, theyre still not long enough for some of us but its a nice start.

this month is for the single player crowd, unfortunately its not permanent.

as far as the tire wear issue, you can always disable it for these races.

8 Likes

I hope there are adjustments to tire management. But I’m also a guy who would think it would be cool if damage suddenly appeared and you were forced to make a pit stop.

6 Likes

Does anyone know what the tyre wear multiplier is in the Forza GT Series? I’m thinking it’s either 5x or 6x which is too high, should be 4x max as the softs only last 2/3rds of a lap on the Nord and Medium is just over a lap the Hards you are fighting to get to the pits at the end of lap 2

So you basically have to stop at the end of lap 1 then the end of lap 2, that’s just silly in a 3 lap race. Should be 4 laps with 5x tyre wear

2 Likes

Yeah the damage model should be taken into account, maybe not terminal damage in MP as the rammers would just abuse that but add engine damage for downshifting too early as that is exploited to gain extra seconds a lap, if it were in place it would rid that exploit and make for more even racing

4 Likes

I’ve only done the Featured Tour GT Event at Sebring so far myself. Only needed one stop and went Medium, Hard.

Practice isn’t long enough to test tyre life though, mediums went Orange on lap 9.

And only needed 88% fuel for the whole race which was a bit silly. They really need to make fuel a bigger deal, both in terms of burn rate and how long it takes to fill up.

At the moment where a full tank refill takes a fraction of a second it’s pretty pointless.

5 Likes

so i did both events this week, i loved the sebring race, cars seemed evenly matched and was a good race. the silverstone race not so much. i chose the acura LMP reward car, stock, most of the other cars were also P class but 3 AI had X class cars. needless to saw with it being a multiclass race with R class on the field as well it was a rough race.

I had the slowest lap time but somehow got first place (seemed fishy almost rubberbanding fishy) and the 2nd place AI was 2 seconds behind me the whole race even though i play on difficulty 3 and lapped the R class cars 4 times. weird race.

for time comparison during the race i was getting 1:55>8xx and the fastest lap time was 1:51.2xx by 10th place.

Wait what, the A.I managed to pass the other R Class A.I!

Now that’s something!!!

Screenshot_20240613-151937~2

1 Like

I think that’s an exageration. Especially when you add up all the faff and loading screens, 40 minutes is more like one series than one tour.

The problem is elsewhere. It’s the same problem people have been complaining about since the launch of the game. It’s the FOMO. It’s the fact you have one month to play these events or get stuffed.

2 Likes

You’re right, I got it wrong due to brain lag :roll_eyes:. Before it was 4 series that took 40 mins each and about 2,5 hours to finish all and now we have 8 series that take 40 mins each = 5hours+ (I edited my original Post). So the time needed now to unlock the latest reward car is basically doubled.

It’s good for their player engagement metrics. Look how much longer people are playing. Our game must be better now

5 Likes

I’ve noticed a huge amount of rubberbanding in these events. In Sebring my tires went off in the last turn and I hit the wall, then pitted for fuel and tires, then re-passed everyone back in a couple laps, but then no matter how fast or slow my laps were 2nd place was never more than about 2 seconds behind. I was on difficulty level 4.

6 Likes

At Sebring, I got into the Chevy at difficulty 5 with sports TCS and hard tires. One pitstop and 20 laps later, and a ton of fun close racing with the top two cars, I got the win. Many AIs ended up with penalties, so I don’t know what went on back there… :joy:

I’m not very good at racing, but I’m really enjoying the longer races.

I don’t know why people are AFK-ing these races. So many players have asked for longer races, and now the races are “too long”…? :thinking::rofl:

If people can’t find 1.5 hours of racing each week to play the career for the reward car, too bad. Then don’t play this month if it’s too much work. Why do people even play the game to get reward cars if they don’t enjoy playing the game? :man_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

that’s really all they seem to care about.

If they cared about making a good game, they would get the players they want. That’s what these corporations don’t understand.

I can see why they didn’t have endurance racing before. Its a farce.

AI only seems to allow you a few seconds lead and repeatedly closes the gap and let’s it widen again the same amount every lap. Oh the false drama…

Doesn’t matter what kind of chicanery I do to let different cars gain 2nd place, order resumes. 2nd must be x amount behind, 3rd another x amount and so on.

Also is tire wear based on laps and not how aggressively you drive?

I’ve nannyed the car around and it makes zero difference. I guess that’s too much for the new tire physics to calculate

Tyre wear does appear to be linked to driving style and has done since launch.

Take off traction control, burn out, slide through corners etc and you will eat through tyres.

1 Like

Well that’s not quite as nuanced as attrition from racing but I’ll take your word for it. I’m not about to spend anymore time on the game than i have to so that I get all my monthly chores done for Turn 10. Mr FOMO won’t give me any pocket money otherwise.

All I know is that I did one multiplayer race now of the endurance Le Mans and I freaking loved it ! Man the joy of competing seriously, going on pits, plan the race was awesome :sunglasses: also loved the dynamic weather but it needs some tweaks shadows moving too fast :fast_forward:. But I had fun and I enjoyed it so much. It’s been a long since I had fun with Forza Motorsport the new one.

2 Likes

Your lobby sounds more entertaining than mine. It’s pretty much “Get first in the first 3 laps then race alone for 14 laps” every single time.