Why so many electric cars?

Am I the only one who is dissapointed by how much electric cars we are getting compared to combustion engines ? I mean in the next update we’re getting 3 combustion engines for 5 electrics… Like come on man I can’t be the only one who feels like this is wrong

9 Likes

As long as they have some kind of redeeming quality I don’t mind, like the Rimac Nevera was a bad addition not because it was an EV but because it’s rubbish at pretty much everything you can set it up for with the only exception being it’s ever so slightly above terrible in CC and it’s a nuisance to drive wherever you take it.

You can have some fun with the right ones though, the Lotus Evija is a guilty pleasure of mine in the game despite being a bottom tier S2 road car, and I’ve managed to get some kind of use + enjoyment out of the DaVinci, Xpeng and Audi E-Tron with dirt tunes.

3 Likes

Because “it’s the future” you know. :wink:

That’s the only EV I use basically. It’s the only one that gives a useable acoustical feedback about what’s going on.

2 Likes

You are definitely not the only one. I am extremely disappointed in the cars.

I will be taking a much-needed break from the seasonal stuff this month. Click the link above to see my opinion.

2 Likes

So many electric cars ? There’s what ? Maybe a couple dozen, out of north of 500 cars total. Less than 10% are EV and you all are complaining ? Must be horrible the way the game forces you to drive them… oh, right, it doesn’t. You don’t even have to keep them in your garage. Sell them, gift them, delete them. But no, you’re right, there’s just way too many EVs in the game.

15 Likes

Why are you offended exactly ? I was just expressing an opinion. And there may not be a majority of electric cars in the game, but more and more are getting added, as I said 5 out of 8 cars in the new update are electric, which is the majority. The game may not force me to drive them but I want to drive some exciting new cars, not some quiet “good for the environment” (my ass) cars. But oh well, keep having fun with your silent toys.

3 Likes

Who said I was offended ? Sounds like you are though. I’m just sick of the whining at trivial issues (and total non-issues like this one) when so many bigger things plague the game.

7 Likes

I never said it was an issue, it is just the way I feel. I may be “whining”, if you say so, but I have the right to do so. On this note have a good day/evening.

1 Like

Guess I misunderstood your point then and glad that you’re not whining about it and it’s not an issue for you and we can put the discussion to bed amicably :+1:

1 Like

Actually the game did infact force you to drive electric if you wanted certain prizes.

3 Likes

I used to feel the same about the game forcing me to do things I didn’t want to do. Then I had an epiphany and now the game doesn’t force me to do anything. Oh, I’m still driven by FOMO to do more than I probably would, but I know it’s me forcing me and I could just not do it. And get closer to that point every week. The doubling of the FOMO points this last series for example was nearly a breaking point, and may be yet if it’s the new trend.

6 Likes

Just been driving a tuned Cupra Tavascan and you can engine swap the Mission R’s into that.

1 Like

I think some of the sentiment is feeling that they are pushing other cars out that seemingly could and should be in the game. Just now we’re getting the 850. Still we don’t have the 928, 66 Nova, 67 Chevelle, 68 Firebird, Cutlass, etc.

The FOMO… Yeah it’s getting a bit much.

4 Likes

Does it come with the same sound?

Yeah it does, bumps it up 105PI points straightaway to 782 but makes the Tavascan slightly viable in A Dirt/CC as well.

2 Likes

I don’t get FOMO in this game. They make it ridiculously easy to get every new/returning car added to the game.

3 Likes

Easy is part of the reason it bothers me. It’s boring and forced. I’d love to just play what I’d like to play and not worry about if it gets me the latest Exclusive car or not. Like I said, I know it’s down to me, I could just ignore it, but, well, a bit of ocd etc and they suck me in :laughing:

6 Likes

Fear Of Missing Out in this game would be coming back every week to get cars locked behind deadlines whether the car is wanted or not.

2 Likes

@Not_Here_Too for the win on this thread

1 Like

anyways ford and audi basically underwrite this whole game and they’re firm believers in electric, so we - and the world - are at their mercy. end of story.