Why so many electric cars?

It’s easy (usually) to get a vehicle the first time it’s offered, but if you miss the opportunity to get it, it’s (usually) gone for a very long time. For instance, the Peel Trident. It’s only been offered twice, and it last appeared when the Hot Wheels DLC first launched, so well over a year ago.

Based on every conversation I’ve ever had about EVs with other people online, I have long since learned that EVs just bring out the ugly in everyone, regardless of whether you’re for EVs or not.

7 Likes

that might be true but it also forces use of petrol cars, probably rather more

note that I don’t really have an opinion on electric versus IC though I do think this is a non-issue when there are broken game mechanics that were copied in from H4 or even earlier (for example, consumable perks don’t work for the most part)

3 Likes

I’ve got to clarify, I am obviously not a liker of electric cars. I never said that it is an issue to have more, some people do like them, but in my opinion it just breaks the spirit of the game. Forza started at the times when electric cars barely even existed and there were none in the games. I’m not against having one or 2 added every update, but if it outpowers the combustion engines then I am against it. And that’s just an opinion

Like the new electric cars this update aren’t even that exciting, even though I’m like the biggest Tesla hater in the world I’d rather have a Model X and S rather than an IX and I4, which brings me to the fact that I also feel like we’re getting wayyy too many BMW’s and not enough other brands like Mercedes, Mazda, Nissan… And I don’t dislike BMW, unlike electric cars. It’s just that I think we’re getting too much of them

What we really need.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwyK1FDLzNw/

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

this is starting to sound like the guys who hate starfield because of pronouns.

5 Likes

People should also consider the last time we had a new EV exclusive was all the way back in Series 21 with the Hummer, and as per my first comment here it actually has some use as a decent-good CC vehicle.

And unless I have missed something this is the first series since all the way back in the Extreme E one to have multiple EV’s as new exclusives, the other times when we’ve got that since they have been gifted like the Barbies or Cupras.

5 Likes

I completely 100% agree with that statement, you’re based

Blood can be gotten from even the biggest stones in the game…

2 Likes

Yeah there are much more important things to talk about than to argue about E vs C.

2 Likes

Its a video game…theyre all electric

10 Likes
1 Like

I doubt that is the reason some on here don’t even give them a chance in the game though, I personally think they’re a fad in real life bought mostly by people as a moral statement/advertisement about what ‘wonderful’ people they are.

I still give them a try in-game though the same as any other car and sometimes get a pleasant surprise, they can be just as fun with the right tune and are often a much more interesting choice because of how little they’re used, as an auto user I also never have to worry about redline bouncing or the game knackering my acceleration with an unwanted change up/down as well with the majority of the EV’s.

But whatever our opinions on it the fact is they’re a sizeable thing in the world of cars now and I think some on here overreact massively when it comes to them getting added, in-game they’re harmless, have absolutely no chance of changing the meta, are rarely encountered and are always outdone in their respective categories by something with an ICE anyway, the only exception being the RAESR who’s broken drift transmission downgrade has never actually been addressed, just brushed under the carpet by banning it in all online modes full stop along with the I-Pace.

This thread has been relatively tame so far thankfully but it’s been tiring in the past seeing the same few people relentlessly bashing EV’s and you just know they aren’t interested in any view that doesn’t align with their own irrational hatred of the things, and we usually have to hear it from them every time something like this is posted, it’s been a nice shock seeing some actual discussion has been allowed to take place in an EV thread for once.

3 Likes

You called…

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong I’m not saying ‘how dare anyone dislike EV’s in the game’ or disputing the reasons, more so that there’s a few on here that are usually so insistent + unrelenting with their disdain for them that it makes you feel there’s no chance of any discussion when one or EV’s in general is the subject, like it gives the impression of ‘how dare anyone like EV’s in the game’.

I might be thought of on here by some as someone who can go OTT sometimes but that’s when there is a clearly good basis to state someone has got something wrong or is simply being stupid/out of order, but when it’s something completely subjective such as this I believe everyone should be allowed their view provided they return the favour since there’s no definitive right answer.

4 Likes

Alright, if nothing else, points for quoting “Aliens” :smile:

& there are some valid points imo that you made earlier with regard to some of the additional environmental impacts EVs can cause, which are not always considered in the overall generalization of their benefits.

2 Likes

Very well said @Banjacked8153.

A 426 HEMI Cross Ram dual quad with headers and glass packs packaged neatly in a Cuda Convertible with purple paint.

I’m sorry, I couldn’t hear your flat six or your tire noise. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I wouldn’t mind EVs because they can be fun to drive/race with. But with the ongoing PI calculation issues EVs have the road car additions are simply wasted space.

They will be terrible and thus have no use in any of the limited competitive end-game modes we have (Rivals, Horizon Open).
Also the build options are extremely limited due to the simplicity of the electric engine. PG still needs to find a way to bring in more complexity here.

All the rl shenanigans don’t interest me that much because in-game car performance has no relevance to the rl one anyways. It should be possible to balance the EVs to make them reasonably competitive and thus more fun.

3 Likes