why no one see this problem...

All the Codemasters F1 games have an achievement for doing 3 laps within 0.01 of each other. Its not hard when your using the same lines, the same gearing and the same braking points consistently lap after lap.

Huh? The Gallardo is a great GT car, one of the best imo. I can be extremely consistent with it because its four wheel drive and tuned almost perfectly for my style.

It drives smooth but it’s still slow af. Honestly though I probably should give it another chance.

honestly when I’m locked in I’m constantly getting .00x-.3 splits at every sector and that’s going all the way back to fm5 6 and now 7. Smooth inputs and the correct line mean everything as far as consistency goes. I also feel that the GT cars are some of the easiest and most consistent cars in the game, I mean they’re purpose built race cars that are extremely planted if driven correctly. Raced a series in fm6 with gt cars and was constantly within 2 tenths or less of my best time over an hour of racing. Only time I wasn’t was either right before or after pitting.

Try a breakout hopper(S class) use cars that are not straight grip cars and you’ll see a bigger variation of splits.

dat trashman i never had this in forza 6 … i did lots off races with 1% friend drivers but there was always like 0,3 sec diff (where were all quite good) in forza 7 i see people i normally beat by 0,6 sec(forza 6) now only 0,1 sec behind me(forza 7) i know the race (gt) cars are more consistent… but forza 6 i hadnt this so close (unreliastic) and i know if i go breakout lobby the times are more diff :wink: i go mostly A
but on forza 6 i sometimes hosted stock car races and there where always bigger differences then 0,2 sec…

just saw your reply on the 0000 sec diff thing … i never had this on forza 6 but then your very concistand…

Some cars are easier to drive in FM7 then in 6, I think. The tracks are smoother too with better grip (especially on curbstones).
Forza isn’t a real racesim, and it doesn’t try to be one either. If you want hardcore racing there are other games (on PC mostly).

All this braking line player stories… saying they are fast and want a realistic or sim racing game with “just the braking line”, always make me laugh! Better play without, it will be more realistic, more unpredictable and in two words more fun!

I don’t understand the complaint. I almost exclusively drive Forza GT division (Modern GT in Forza 6). I’ve seen no difference in the consistency of my lap times, and it’s not uncommon for me to string several laps together within 0.1 whether FM6 or FM7. The only thing I’ve noticed about FM7 is that cars appear to have more understeer built-in than they did in FM6… which would make them easier to drive for more casual players.

If your complaint is that other people are now closer to you than they were in FM6, perhaps they’ve bridged some of that skill gap to you, or perhaps changes in the game suit their driving style/skill more so than yours. None of which is a flaw in the game. Want to eliminate the car variable? Run the same car. Ta da… contest of driver skill.

What it sounds like you’re mad about is simply that there’s not as much difference between cars now that most of the lobbies are homologated… which was the whole point of homologation. The cars are more evenly matched, so against the same drivers, you’re going to see a narrowing of lap time difference. That’s not a flaw in game physics, that’s just you not being as good as you thought now that the cars are more evenly matched.

come on guys where your guys all heading to… i didnt sad anywhere i want a sim. even better i dont want that forza becomes yet another sim cause if i want to race with a wheel i go outside… further its not that i want more challanging game further yeah maybe braking line is stupid luckily the fastest guys of the game use it 2… so thats all nonesense leading not in to the conversation…

unLtd Cervy ok maybe not in forza 4 in racing but drifting forza 5 i only played a month… forza 6 i was usually around place 50-80 (depends wich car i use ) A CLASS (i only ride a class) in forza 7 i sometimes quite high but the leaderboard here quite a mess…(you dont have to believe me)

its just almost impossible to drive 6 laps within a 0,1 off sec …(forza 7) in forzza i did 6 laps with 0,4 sec diff wich is real.
and i know maybe people gotten better but why is there only 0,1 diff or 0,2 or less! diff in fastest lap times in endurance (forza 7) and forza 6 there would be a bigger gap…
so comparing people or doing multiple laps myself the diff in times is just 2 low (forza 7 ) in forza 6 was just good. i dont get it why im the only one who sees this?

another example in forza 6 i drove [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] cars nobody used and still won just by riding the lines brake late be smooth etc… but in forza 7 i cant do that… just all thanx to one thing the physics engine. thats why i cant win with a [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] car (that easliy anymore) and are the lap times 2 close (in same sort off cars) i think forza 7 is just 2 easy maybe ? cause different driving lines dont get the time much diff either . in forza 6 it would. i know this 110% sure

I think I get this thread after the final post from the OP.

Its not a physics issue. The issue is that since homologation has arrived (spec builds) everything is evenly matched (to a degree, lb cars always exist regardless, such is life) and you can no longer make up skill differences via upgrades and tuning.

You now have more even racing generally but this actually leads to a larger skill ceiling/gap where you have to push cars much harder to just close the skill gap between players. Certain cars require much throttle control to just maintain the pace itself.

If you were any good at driving missles from FM2, FM7 is relatively easy.

you dont get it , i said if i did a friend only lobby (all very good racers) with all stock cars stock stock stock(forza6) there would be bigger gapes between the laps…
now in endurance (forza 7)we dont all drive the same car so the gapes should be a little bit bigger even tough the homologation… but the gap is smaller (forza 7 logic)

You’re not understanding. Homologation is going to make the difference in lap time between different cars SMALLER. That’s the whole point of homologation, more competitive match ups.

Go do the bounty hunter, see where you stack up.

The GT cars are far more balanced than they were in FM6, you can go about the same pace in all of them (except that pos Gallardo). Homolgation has significantly narrowed the performance difference so skill is what matters now.

If the time splits between players is very small then that means that you are all about the same skill level. That’s a good thing. There’s nothing in the game that’s trying to make you all have similar times.

On a bad day, I can have a 30 sec diff. My problem is I have consistently bad days

1 Like

The game is too consistent? That’s a new one.

For what it’s worth, I’ve been playing since FM3 and there has been no difference.

been playing since forza 2 and i see a difference…

As a tuner who spends hours tuning his cars to perfection, racing lines change lap times by full seconds or more. I have no idea where you are getting this from. Having a bad racing line means losing hundreds of milliseconds to full seconds off your lap times.

The reason why it seems so close is most likely due to how they classed cars differently and shifted things around to try and make them more even. But they put wwaaaaayyyyy too much emphasis on speed. You lose so much rating for adding more speed to your car its ridiculous when the 3 most important stats are acceleration, handling, and braking. And some cars turn and brake better than others and its still completely misrepresented.

Edit: Also I’ve been playing since FM1 and the difference is as clear as day and night. Putting more speed on your car increases its power score too much. It’s crazy that a car with 8.1 speed and 8.6 accel can be even close to being similar to a car with 6.6 speed, 8.8 accel and far better handling. The speed means nothing if it can’t even be used most of the time. The acceleration is worth more and it should be represented as such.

A lot of the low level cars also cannot even be tuned at all. They can only be tuned to go fast in straight lines or be sub par. That’s stupid beyond belief. This needs to be fixed. A car with 8.1 TS and 8.6 accel with 4.6 handling and braking is not equivalent to my 7.2TS 9.0 accel 5.4 handling and braking Alfa Romeo 33S at all. Not even close yet the game rates it as such so I can’t even make low level cars competitive in the slightest.

i do not agree with your opinion i think its the oppisitive i think forza 7 is way to much on handling… people only won on forza 6 with a speed car if there would be lots off people who couldnt drive other wise it wouldnt work… in forza 6 i won lots off times in a 5.4 handling non aero v12 vantage outruned mercury cougars with 5.9 handling and good speed or camaro 02 with good specs etc etc just cause in forza 6 you could win with skill… in forza 7 you need a good car to win and less skill… and i dont want to be rude but you are complaining about speed cars are to good in forza 6 etc but you drive a alfa 33… wich is the best car… so or you warent as good as some others in speed cars… or dont use the alfa 33 to full potential…

As many people have told you previously - it’s the homologation of car divisions. That is why you can’t build the missile cars of old and feather them in the bends often holding up cars with better handling and then obliterating them on the straights with their ridiculous speed. Yes it took a certain amount of skill to drive those cars, but genuinely quick drivers are quick in anything. If I didn’t know better I’d think that you are complaining that you can’t beat people by having a vastly quicker car than them!

Homologation has it’s flaws and obviously is not 100% like for like compared to real life race series. But at the end of the day if you are a real racer then you should be relishing the fact that the racing is closer not complaining about it! There’s plenty of other things that are much more moan worthy than this.

Op - if I have misunderstood you then I apologise as I gather English isn’t your first language. And as for being able to lap within 0.1 seconds every lap - if you are as precise a driver as you say you are then you will have been able to do that since FM1. So I am unsure what your issue is. Help us understand why you are so frustrated as a lot of us in this thread have been playing since FM1 and so far none of us can see where you are coming from.

Your argument doesn’t make sense. Do you think it’s more realistic to win a motor race in an overpowered car with bad braking and handling or more realistic to need a car that’s better suited to circuit racing? It sounds like you think 7 is less accurate than 6 although the argument you use suggests the opposite.

My guess is that in the past you’ve always been playing against a wide range of skill and cars (we all were) but now homologation has closed the gap in terms of cars so the difference you see is down largely to the player. This has nothing to do with physics.

You only need to look at any rivals event to see that the skill gap hasn’t changed and the spread of times is just as wide in 7 as it always was.

2 Likes