Why are the cars from the "Welcome Pack" showing up as different from the regular versions in Promo?

I noticed that the number of cars shown in the Horizon Promo had increased to 711, but most of those cars are cars from the Welcome Pack that are cars I already have, but with “Welcome Pack” in the name. What’s going on with this? Is it a bug? How am I supposed to take photos of these cars? I have the Welcome Pack DLC installed, but as I already owned all of the cars, there’s nothing new to install, but because the Promo is treating them as new cars, I can’t take photos of them.

I had all those cars, now they show up as New.

The new cars have different characteristics than their none welcome pack equivalents - I.e. some/all of them can be tuned differently.

For example, No3 has set a new WR at Tarn How’s using the Welcome Pack Baja.

2 Likes

I fail to understand how anyone is going faster with a welcome pack car compared to the regular version of the same car. All of the WP cars suffer from a power to weight disadvantage at the same PI tuning level compared to the normal cars.

Example: The Toyota T100 Baja truck tuned to S1 900 4WD has 1243hp and weighs 4167 pounds. The WP version tuned to the same S1 900 4WD setup has only 1070hp and weighs 4092 pounds.

Power to weight ratio gives the advantage to the regular version. The same thing happens with ALL of the other WP cars, when tuned to the same PI numbers the regular cars have the distinct advantage. Anyone new to the game buying that pack and using those cars would get left behind in a race against the normal versions of the same cars.

There is literally ZERO legitimate reason to do this.

You can take photos of cars you don’t own. The quickest way is to go the drag strip near the main Horizon site and create a custom blueprint.

You can select all the cars you don’t own or haven’t yet captured plus one mid performance car you do own. As soon as the race starts go into photo mode, navigate the camera to the front of all cars, do a 180, zoom out or in to include all cars in the shot and take a photo. I needed to run the race twice to get all 11 cars. There may also be a ready made blueprint at the drag event.

My promo screen now reads 711/711. Of course all the cars in the welcome pack can be purchased at the autoshow free of charge for all players with the ultimate edition.

Cars in the “Welcome Pack”:

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
1976 Jeep CJ5
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
1960 Porsche 718 RS60
2016 Subaru #199 WRX VT15R Rally Car
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck

Cars in next update:

1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
2011 HSV GTS
1996 HSV GTSR

1 Like

Any chance you could explain a bit more on how to select “just the cars not captured”.
I’ve been in the blueprint tab before.
Thanks again…

We’re talking about the cars in the “Welcome Pack” and those in Series 25.

Cars in the “Welcome Pack”:

1996 Ferrari F50 GT
2017 Ford GT
2016 Hoonigan Gymkhana 9 Ford Focus RS RX
1976 Jeep CJ5
2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
1960 Porsche 718 RS60
2016 Subaru #199 WRX VT15R Rally Car
1993 Toyota #1 T100 Baja Truck

Cars in next update:

1988 Holden VL Commodore Group A SV
2011 HSV GTS
1996 HSV GTSR

It’s very easy to do a blueprint and select cars not owned. Go to drag race near Main Festival site, set up Solo event and click on create blueprint. Go to last TAB - Custom - select - filter - not owned. If as in this case you know the 11 vehicles you want to photograph it’s fairly easy to click on the ones you need in the event.

At the drag event there is already a ready made blueprint in the trending today tab share code 214 107 519. It is just for the 3 cars in the next update.

1 Like

Time savers… So much for “it’s free!”.

Granted, it’s just $2.49, but still, it’s a time saver. P2W. However you name it.

If this was Ubisoft, oh boy…

If this was Ubisoft fans would be more than happy. They offer the Eclipse that was already in the game for 15+$.

And how is it P2W? I can’t beat any WR and I have the Pack too. :smiley:

You can buy the ‘Welcome Pack’ cars for free in the Autoshow if you have the Ultimate Edition or Ultimate Add-ons.

1 Like

I can, but I don’t feel like doing it, due to the nature of the content… I’m talking about the people who just sub to Game Pass, as that’s who the pack is aimed at.

It’s not a HUGE problem but I don’t think Forza needs this stuff, even though some of the cars in the VIP pack are designed to be that way.

1 Like

Do I need to DL each individually or is there a place to go to DL the whole pack?

Go to the DLC cars area within the autoshow and should be able to get them all in one go there.

1 Like

Yep, that works, cool thanks. And these are the same cars we already have but different in some way (tunes, etc)?

Yes as has been stated
Similar to how the PO cars are

711?
The Promo I’m looking at only has 710.

The missing car will be 2013 McLaren P1 ‘Owen’s Edition’. Not many players own this but it can be photographed using the following sharecode. The number will then increase to 711.

Originally Posted by: The Last Flight
If y’all need the Owen’s McLaren, download the race with the sharecode 989 815 391. Got my picture this way.

https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm1156422_posts.aspx#post_1156422

1 Like

Has this been patched out or do you have to keep trying it until it randomly appears? I tried it 3 times, only getting the regular model showing up.

How may I ask??
Thanks…

From usual menu click on Creative Hub Tab and select large sub-menu BLUEPRINT EVENTS.

Search for and enter share code 989 815 391 (spaces not required) and it will take you to a drag race on the main highway/motorway. Start the race enter photo mode and take a photo of an Owen’s McLaren.

Just tried it and it still works. You will be driving an ordinary P1 and there will be several Owen’s McLarens.

2 Likes