Who broke the rearview mirror?

It’s been awhile since I played this game, having largely been feeding my racing hunger with FH4. But I accidentally opened it via the Forza Hub and got pulled into doing things in it and have been distracted by the rearview mirror in every race. It’s washed out with brightness and desaturation. Is this a new thing with the November update?

1 Like

The rear view mirror is a mess in all Horizon games. For some reason it’s just like an afterthought. It is only in the cockpit view and no others. Even in cockpit ymmv, some are half mirrors, 1/4 of a mirror. Not sure why this is and I have tried to get an answer for years.

This is the Motorsport 7 forum, right?

Yea didn’t realize. Didn’t notice anything different after the update in Forza 7 with the mirror when I played.

It may just be a case of needing to properly reboot the XBOne, then.

Rear view mirror is indeed too bright since this update.

1 Like

Getting the same thing on dry day tracks. Seems fine on wet tracks.

Yeah definitely seems like the brightness was turned up on the rear view mirror. It’s strange but not seriously impairing my driving really.

I just had a practice session on mugello with clouds and the mirror was totally black this time.

Now I notice it. Yea bright and washed out.

Thank God!

I just bought a new TV and thought that was the reason it looked so bad.

So it’s the same with me. Since the last patch the mirror is much too bright or sometimes totally dark, depending on the actual weather conditions. Has nothing to do with a specific car, only with daytime or weather. Must be simple to fix, but why don’t you hear more of this new bug?

Can’t say I’ve noticed this on PC and I only use cockpit view.

At first I thought the thread was sarcasm about the shaking mirrors which act like they’re on the verge of falling off.

Maybe if there’s anyone sensible at Turn 10 they could patch this nonsense out.

I think the problem only exists on Xbox but not on PC.

Very sad this was never fixed in FM7 :frowning:
If you break something you should fix it.

1 Like