Which Wheel/Seat Package to Buy?

I’m shopping for my son’s 10th birthday present. He enjoys Forza 7 and Horizon 3 on Xbox One. He has about thirty hours in Forza 7 and probably about the same amount of time in Forza 6.

I’d like to get him a wheel/pedals/shifter/seat set that he’ll treasure for years to come.

I noticed that Thrustmaster has come out with the T-GT, but that isn’t compatible with Forza 7 on Xbox (unless there’s a third-party or beta driver available).

My budget is US$1000, but I could part with a bit more if absolutely justified.

What would you suggest?

Thanks a bunch for your suggestions!

personally i would spend as little as possible. your son is 10 and it is one of the absolute worst games on a wheel a tmx and a wheel stand. you could probably get a setup for around 400ish instead of 1000.

CLASSIC Steering Wheel Stand | Sim Racing Stand | GT Omega Racing – GT Omega US $150
https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Force-Feedback-racing-wheel-WINDOWS/dp/B01CI97DNM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1460447814&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+tmx $195

I use a Logitech G920 set with these settings I really enjoy it and can set competitive times with it.

Can’t recommend a frame because I bought an actual racing car seat and built my own frame, with wood. (carpenter by trade). Didn’t like the center post that most of the frames have. Anyways, with some pillows and blocks on the pedals my 6-yr. old grandson can handle and loves to drive the Major Micros on medium settings.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I’d love to save some money.

I thought Forza 7 improved its wheel support over Forza 6.

Better but still unacceptable.

Dear PTG Baby Cow

I’m trying to purchase your recommended solution right now, but there’s no seat.

He could sit on the sofa but he couldn’t sit all the way back on the sofa for back support and still reach the pedals.

Should I go with the sofa and no back support, or should I purchase a seat? If I should purchase a seat, which seat would you recommend?

Depends what you want to spend, the stand with a computer chair is a decent option but there are other seat options for a similar price. The main issue with most of those “cheaper” seats is the center post design. Meaning the part that holds the wheel up is on one post that runs between the legs. It gets annoying, especially when using a pedal set with a gas brake and clutch. I have the gtomega pro supreme setup and it is very good and adjustable to go quite short around 4.5’ anything shorter will likely need a pillow to be proper or to drill a couple more holes where the seat mounts to the frame. It does take up a fair amount of space however. If u need more info just let me know, glad to help.

1 Like

Dear PTG Baby Cow

Thank you very, very much!