What's been your favourite offline cup so far

Must admit I’m really enjoying the rulebook racers ATM. A great cup to race in

What’s yours?

5 Likes

Rulebook Racers is definitely my favourite so far. Haven’t driven any of the cars before, so am working through them. Capping myself at 820 and trying to win from the back of the grid.

2 Likes

I mean it’s Forza “Motorsport”, so I’m really happy to finally see some race cars in the Featured Tour, haven’t played the new one yet, but I’m quite a bit more excited then usual.
I heard in Update 8 there is supposedly a big junk of AI improvement coming, so maybe single player will be more enjoyable soon.

1 Like

Track tour was my favorite!

Prototype power :checkered_flag:

1 Like

I’ve had fun with this type of car too. My favorite part of this game and GT7. The variety they offer to learn about all the different esoteric types of classes of cars that existed throughout the decades, many that I never herd of.

3 Likes

The Lancia Delta event. That was nothing but an excuse to slide the car around every turn the game thrown at me. I tried recreating similar races but, the magic isn’t the same. I guess Turn 10 is using Huy Fong Foods’ Tuong Ot Siracha, while the stuff they put in the free play options is Texas Pete’s Cha Siracha. Good, but not quite the same.

It’s. I’ve to have actual race cars to race. One thing I have noticed is the difficulty is much higher at lvl 8.

Caveats being I haven’t played in a while and not used a race car at all since FM7. That being said the target lap time at Kylami was asking for a top 10 in the world time.

At what PI?

Took me 12 attempts to win this championship. Starting last, limiting my PI to 820. Finally managed it in the Skyline. Great fun!

Won it first time with the capri at I think 888 and then again with the Datsun at 899. The races were harder than normal but the lap targets were very hard

Managing the traction with these things with the massive turbo lag is fun though I must say

So it was giving you a top 10 R900 time in practice? Yeah, that won’t be happening with a Capri!

No that was with the Datsun tbf… I did do a couple of target laps with the capri. One round hock. Cant remember the other one

Pretty fast car in fairness. I missed that my ignition wasn’t fully upgraded, so with a bit more power and more laps (I did three) I’d assume I can get under 39. The top guys probably have a second on me so plausible it could do top 30 or so in the right hands on a rubbered in practice track. Still doubt anyone is getting a top 10 time in it!

1 Like

Great time bro. Congrats. I’ve never been able to fully get a good a handle on that track… but even on the ones I had, I wouldn’t lt be getting a top 100 in that car / class anymore

It was a pretty fun series, and I might even have replayed it in the future too.

1 Like

This is the most ridiculous part of it. A really fun event but we can’t do it again after this month. Either leave the events in permanently or, better yet, give us the ability to create custom championships. I’d happily spend lots of time in the game testing different GTX cars or running these cars at different tracks.

2 Likes

I’ve ran it a lot this week in this championship. It’s the only one I can win pretty much every time from the back of the grid. It’s definitely improved my consistency around it!

Rulebook Racers is keeping me interested. I’ve run it twice with the Bluebird (once spoiled by AI, but finished anyway). And now I’ve bought the Corvette, and will run it again.

Never played much with these GTX cars, so it’s a nice change.

It sort of seems like if I get a “bad” group of AI on a play, they’ll be with me all the way through the Cup. So I restart and get a different AI mix, when I see them bad on the first race of the Cup.

Maybe placebo, but… shrug

EDIT: And yea, sad that this event will not be available later after any upcoming AI updates/fixes.

I think the only thing that changes is the names of the AI. I don’t think the underlying drivatars change beyond that.

I just wish they all weren’t sprint races. Why not have the option to select a longer race to introduce a fuel / tyre strategy.

All said before I know but actual race cars make it all the more pertinent.