Update 5: Infinite Loading on Startup Splash Screen, cannot play game

• Quit your game and restart your device to see if that fixes the issue before posting. This solves many issues!
    This did not fix my game

Bug Info: Ever since Update 5, I cannot play my copy of Forza Motorsport (2023) on Steam. I launch the game and I get the splash screen along with an infinite loading symbol.

Platform: Steam

Edition: Premium

Account: Solo

PC GPU: 4070Ti Driver version 551.52

Peripheral: DualShock 4 controller / Mouse & Keyboard

Settings: Max, FPS locked to 60

Attempted fixes:
Support ticket created

I have tried everything listed here: https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360007593074-My-Game-is-Not-Launching-or-is-Crashing-on-PC#:~:text=The%20game%20does%20not%20explicitly,FPS%20boosting%20or%20monitoring%20software.

Also, I have tried everything listed here:

In addition:
sfc scannow results: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations

Ran the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth command, followed by the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command. No corruptions detected, issue persists.
Content Update: Was this happening prior to the most recent content update or did it start after the update?

I am seeing this issue since the past hour, the game launched fine yesterday

@Damian1990

Hi bro it seems i found a solution, at least for me.

What happened is that your windows profile got corrupted. I made another administrator account and now the game launches perfectly/fine.

1 Like

Have you found a solution ? I think I have found one.

I’ve narrowed the problem down to the Xbox account in particular. When I sign in using a brand new Xbox account, I can log into the game just fine.

I don’t play any other Xbox games so it just be some kind of setting on my Xbox account? Any way to reset all of that?

I’ve narrowed the problem down to the Xbox/Microsoft account in particular. When I sign in using a brand new Xbox account, I can log into the game just fine.

I don’t play any other Xbox games so it just be some kind of setting on my Xbox/Microsoft account? Any way to reset all of that?

Like most people suggested, I log in the Administrator user account and successfully ran the game from there. Then the game should run from my normal user account; like people said. Unfortunately the game didnt run from my normal user account. Then I deleted the Microsoft.Forza folder from C/User/(ur current user account)/Local/Package. And the game ran. Make sure you create a backup of that folder.

I tried this, creating a new Administrator account. I am not able to log into the game.

When I switch Xbox accounts, I can log into the game.

try deleting that folder.

I deleted the folder and rebooted the game. I am still experiencing an infinite loading screen on the splash page when booting up the game.

When I switch Xbox accounts to a newly made account on the Xbox app, the game works just fine.

Played another Xbox Studios game, Halo Infinite, and I was able to log in with my original Microsoft account with Xbox gamertag and the game works just fine when I log in with my account.

This makes me think the issue is isolated to Forza Motorsport.

Thank you friend, this worked for me, I had been looking for an open ticket solution for almost 1 month and had not found anything that worked, I will report this in my ticket to Forza support.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash - After update 3.0 my game no longer opens (1684419)

Update 9 and 10: Same issue, I try to create admin user on pc and game run but not with my default user…
I didn’t find Microsoft.Forza folder… where is it?

1 Like