Unable to join private lobbies from Xbox Cloud

I am away from home and currently on vacation in the mountains and this evening I wanted to participate in a competition with my Discord group using Logitech G Cloud and Xbox Cloud.

However, I discovered that the invitations I received on Xbox Cloud through notifications allowed me to start the game but not to join the private lobby.

From the game, it is not possible to search for lobbies created by friends, and consequently, I could not participate.

Is there a way for Xbox Cloud users to access private lobbies?

In a few weeks, I will be back home, so the issue won’t affect me anymore, but I find it very strange that it’s not possible to join a private lobby directly from the game.

Is a solution planned, or is there an alternative method? Excluding, of course, creating the private lobby myself, as I was not the organizer of the championship.

Thank you.

1 Like

For example in games like Fortnite players receive invitation also inside the game. In this way they can join groups also on Xbox Cloud and also with players that use different platforms.
In Forza Motorsport Xbox Cloud users could not accept invitation for private lobbies or join groups for public lobbies.

This is a big issue, unfortunately not recognised by the community.

Opened ticket on Forza Support.

So small players group view this problem. I have a same problem. I play with friend on public lobbies, and… no fixed at august update! Maybe will not fixed too soon becuase so many people don’t report.

I have opened a report both on the Xbox Cloud Feedback Hub, on Reddit, here, and on Forza support. I hope that sooner or later they will realize this. If I’m not mistaken, it works in Forza Horizon.

There’s a recorrent problem. I found others players with same problems in another date.

It has probably already been reported but when I wrote this post I could not find messages among the past know issues or new issues. Maybe they wrote somewhere else.

Forza Support replied to my ticket that is not a game issue.

Xbox Support ignored my ticket.

In other games lobby invitations work and this is not a game issue?

there a big problem here… i’m out for this game… i’ll play again when so working good

At this time the request for support ends like this

Unfortunately we do not have additional troubleshooting to share at this time. We are marking this ticket as “Solved” because we have collected your information to pass to the developers to investigate. Please note that even though this ticket is marked as “solved” this issue is still under investigation with the developers.

I’m back home and I won’t be playing Forza Motorsport on Xbox Cloud for a few months at least, but from my point of view this remains a serious problem.

1 Like