TVR Cerbera Speed 12 '98 - Inaccurate Car Model

This issue has persisted since the first Forza Motorsport game on the original Xbox. Not only has it never received any new customization such as its real life race parts, its car model is egregiously inaccurate. From its boxy shape, to having the wrong rims.

Right off the bat, the roof lacks curvature and is way too boxy. The shape and curvature of the grill area is also inaccurate and the hood is too flat. The wing mirrors are also the wrong size and shape.
ezgif-2-a967bab474

Things get even worse at the rear. The boot and roof are very boxy from the rear of the car. The rear fenders are not wide enough, the C-pillars lack roundness and sit too far out. The rear window is too low. The tail light housings, vents and the space for the number plate are also the wrong shape. The car’s rear bumper is also too short and is missing the concave shape.
ezgif-2-4c574c88c5

The car’s side profile also has pretty bad proportions. The shape of the doors is wrong as the panel gap sits too far from the rear wheel arch. The A-pillar and wing mirrors sit too far forward and the “TVR Cerbera speed tweleve” decal completely missing from the side skirts.
ezgif-2-2544f78477

Overall the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 is wildly inaccurate and low quality.

Holy car!! It’s totally a different model it seems…

5 Likes

Looks like Gran Turismo’s Speed 12 model is more accurate than an upscaled FM1 model, despite GT’s model is in PS2 quality.

XD

3 Likes

Gran tourismo is always perfect my friend. they’re are the real car guys. Specially their owner.:pray: Checks every minor detail before release. not like forza having bunch of fools pretending to be car people.

4 Likes

Yep, 100% true! I’m a huge fan of Gran Turismo since the PSP game. They have lots of passion for car culture, keeping their old spirit alive. Fact is, the creator of the series actually collects various sports cars in his garage, and participated the Nürburgring 24h Championship. He is more like the King of racing games.

3 Likes

Yes, I see that the car model is not very accurate. It should be corrected in future versions.

1 Like

It will be extremely difficult to rescan this car because they were all destroyed and the last remaining one was reworked into the dark red race version we know today.

Edit: hm, I now see pictures of a purple one and a red one, both with different license plates. So 2 survived, but both rebuild in race versions.

3 Likes

Agreed, only 3 of them are made in the world. Very extremely rare.

Absolutely. On the other hand i’ve never seen the guy who created forza!!!don’t even know his name… :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Every car model in forza has defects…how many will u rescan?

I think it must be the same ol’ Dan Greenawalt…

Oh I see!

I knew it was bad, but oh dear… this is atrocious! 575M Maranello tier atrocious

3 Likes

Thank you for posting @R3L04D. Was about to make one for this barfing atrocity.

The model is probably based on the earliest prototype or one of the extremely few and rare road cars… The car was deemed too powerful for the road and all other chassis were made into race-spec.

3 Likes

Build from the Group up Discussion of Christianity and its relationship to the LGBTQ community ...

3 Likes

love this thankyou for sharing this and the information about the car :smiley:

1 Like

I also want a Speed 12 Prototype.