This miserable Trial

This has to be the worst Trial go-round in recent memory. Shoving everyone into these ridiculous S2 RWD monsters, the twitchiest most annoying cars in the game–on frequently-wet spring roads–is an absolute nightmare. I’ve just sat down and attempted this FIVE times in a row, and each time players ran themselves off the track, got stuck down in last, and refused to leave. This past race, there were two players in last on the third race, they had to see that finishing would make everyone lose…and yet they didn’t quit. Oh, and the real cherry was when our team managed to win the first two races, but then on the third, despite nothing at all changing about my Internet connection…I was ceremoniously disconnected. Didn’t count, screw me I guess. Unbelievable.

Plenty of AWD tunes available for these S2 monsters. Makes them handle like a dream.

Yeah, I know, I just really hate having to be forced into a tune, especially when I have cars maxing out the class already. Guess I’ll have to bite the bullet. The thing is, even if I do, the biggest problem has been my teammates, and I can’t do much of anything to fix stupid.

1 Like

…this is, bar none, the WORST driving I have ever seen in this game. Special shout-out to the sociopath weaving all over the place in the last race who knocked me off-kilter and then got passed himself, costing us the win. I’ve now ran this so many times that I was able to win the first race in my next attempt, only to see our team lose due to sheer group incompetence. I was rewarded for my efforts by getting hip-checked into a tree at the start of the next race, only to claw my way back to 2nd and pull off a miracle win when most of the field left. It’s now only two of us for the last race, I’m thinking we have this in the bag…and my brain-dead teammate proceeds to drive around the VERY FIRST checkpoint in the race, is in dead last the rest of the way, and doesn’t do me the courtesy of leaving.

I’m done. I’m ****ing done.

I came last in the first race, did well in the next race and with the team winning the third one, clinched the trial the first time. It’s not impossible & I’m someone that tends to stay away from roadracing preferring dirt/drifting…etc.

I’d have perhaps reduced the points on offer from 10 to 5 or 2 but I like it there’s a championship that obliges you to go stock.

Bad enough with the crap in the trials but the disconnects have been crazy bad since the last update to “fix” :roll_eyes: the disconnect issue. Great job pgg.

This is about the FH4 trial, not FH5. I just did 5’s earlier today but barely even remember it because the sheer rage that 4’s induced in me booted it straight out of my brain.

I did finally get this one, after a few other spectacular fails. Had one where I was in second on the first race, with the rest of the players way behind, but I managed to get a few AIs stuck behind me while slowing to a crawl which let some of the rest of my team catch up…and then after a second-race loss the game disconnected me again. Pretty sure there was another spectacular third-race fail somewhere in there too, but they’re all blurring together at this point. The one that did it only had four players: I won the first race and two other players were close behind, then the second start was a pinball mess that saw the rest of the team shunted to the back. I was fighting for second, got brushed against a flat wall and somehow caught on it and spun around, and still outpaced the rest of the team. And then, finally, the third race was merciful. But even then we were dragging along a new player who finished dead last all three races. Dear lord.

For the record I was using a stock Ultima Evolution. I’m normally not great with those light twitchy RWD monsters, but I had to take so many attempts at this that I was honestly getting decent at feathering it around.

1 Like

Apologies.