The game has improved but still required a significant overhaul

This message is for T10,

I consider myself a casual sim racer. I race about 10h per weeks. If I could I would do more but I am working full time and have a family. Sim racing is an important hobby for me. I used to race for real in 100 and 125 cc competitive karting.

Forza Motorsport is a good game but at the moment it is not a good sim. It is not even a good “simcade”. However, I think the platform has great potential and this is the reason I am taking the time to write this message.

The major improvements needed are:

1. Driving dynamics with a wheel are off (GT, LMP). Wheels (Fanatec and Logitech) do not feel and act correctly. FFB appear off.

2. Braking with pedals (Logitech or fanatec) is not right. There are linearity and predictability problems.

3. Car behavior is too dampen, especially for GT, LMP cars. This affects the immersion experience during racing.

4. Drivatar (AI) need significant improvement. They are still “break test you” in straight line after update 7. It makes free play not always enjoyable specially with fast cars.

5. Multiplayer regulations. Several improvements were made and it is welcome. However, it had no impact on “rammers”. This is a big problem in Forza community. It is not only a T10 problem, it is a community problems were some peoples are joining lobbies with the intend to smash others without any consideration. Incorporating damage specifically to the people that “hit” others will reduce this problem. Also, T10 should propose a radar system instead of proximity arrows.

6. Statistics. T10 should provide options to drivers for consulting their statistics and performances.

7. T10 should allow custom championships, especially for spec and lmp series (practice, qualification and race).

8. Create events for esports

I don’t want to compare this game to ACC or iRacing but it should be a GT7 competitors.

8 Likes

Def 7.

welcome to the forza motorsport community! I feel the same way as you do there a few things I have noticed since lunch like the cracks are starting to show if anyone wants to see what it is just reply I’d like to know more here is a preview handling physics car prices grass

I’ve just bought a steering wheel (Thrusmaster T248) and I have to say it’s like night and day, after more than a decade of playing with a joystick I’m rediscovering my entire back catalogue!
However, I’m disappointed to say that Forza Motorsport isn’t as enjoyable to play behind the wheel as other, more simulation-oriented games. In fact, it’s very much a simcade… Now I understand that the game is designed to reflect a direction with the joysticks - and it does that wonderfully. However, when you arm yourself with a steering wheel, with a bit of fiddling and even with simu settings, the feeling is limited and uncomfortable.
But that’s all right, I’m still having just as much fun with the gamepad on this game!

It isn’t a good game when you have so many fundamental issues listed. It is a bad game.