I think I'm losing patience with this game

It’s been over 4 months now and we’ve barely had any car sound improvements.

The game’s marred with visual glitches and shortcomings and the overall presentation just lacks polish compared to previous games.

Do you think the changes and/improvements are not happening fast enough?

Every time I launch the game I want to get out of it after just 15 mins or so whereas FM 5-7 I was absolutely hooked and couldn’t stop playing for hours.

I get it… The game did badly and was not what it was marketed to be. Big deal.

What is T10 going to do about it in your opinion?
Starting to feel hope fade away. Somebody better prove me wrong fast cos if I venture into GT 7 territory, I’m never returning to the game I fell in love with on the X360.

16 Likes

What cars are you unhappy with the sound of?

Which in race visual glitches specifically are you talking about exactly?

I’m happy with audio and visuals, not perfect but it’s not unplayable, AI and race regulations on the other hand need a ton of work very quickly.

3 Likes

What is T10 going to do about this game? A small pittance every month just to make a small small show and nothing more.

They have a monthly newsletter - yeah right! I’ve ask @T10ManteoMax about the March newsletter WHICH I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE AND HE HAS YET TO RESPECT ANY REQUEST FOR INFORMATION. Some community manager. He can close threads and hide them but he can’t answer questions.

The AI is amazingly screwed up. On level one the first and second AI will run away almost 1/4 to 1/2 lap untouchable for the first lap and then virtually quit. One level 8 if you start in position 3, even if you get passed by two or three cars at the start it is easy to catch them and pass them and only the number one car is a challenge of any level depending on your own abilities.

I totally agree with you that the game can only hold me for about 15 minutes. Any longer than that is relegated to maybe AFK just to level up a car for discounts. Or maybe time spent painting a car design. There’s nothing else to this game. I guess I’m just hanging around now to see if they bring back some nice new tracks.

12 Likes

I see a lot of posts about bad sounds in this game, for me it’s at the bottom of the list for what they have to fix.

I appreciate that they may not be decibel accurate, but they sound like cars and some sound good.

So for me I’m not seeing the big deal with car sounds, but then again I’m no audiophile!

4 Likes

Sad to say but… the game is boring.
(I play alot. Level 3,025)

There’s nothing to do. The lack of a store front/auction house, The windows 98 Menu’s, Copy Paste Exhaust sounds, 6 career races, No Multiplayer Stats or Leaderboards outside of Rivals.

Unbalanced Cars (needing to use the same 5 cars to be competitive)

Lacking in game promotion of private lobbies and being forced to Race whatever class they have chosen for the week.

Complete lack of soul…

19 Likes

I wouldn’t consider myself an audiophile, but am an audio person

I adjusted the sound significantly in the settings, it’s not the best I’ve heard but it’s far from bad. I wouldn’t care if they didn’t change the sound at all

Currently playin on a 5.2.4 setup, probably $10,000 setup for just audio.

1 Like
5 Likes

@Speedster996 For the car sounds…being worst. We are just giving everything on creating topics but at the same time, we are losing patience with this game as well. It feels so bland and lifeless. The contents are not even rejoicing like their previous titles. I just play this game with the sound off and listen to music instead. I haven’t given up yet but on the extreme point off leaving soon IF they dont update the sound completely and bring something refreshing and rejoicing. They already shattered me once when the devs literally closed the issue out WITHOUT COMPLETELY FIXING THE CAR SOUND, and I had to re-create again. I was waiting for 5 freaking months. The only reliable sound update we got so far, was for the LFA(although it does need improvement). I am not gonna talk about the worst car models, shaders, lighting and graphics in general. We are frustrated with this game already since launch to be very honest.

If T10 does not do something about this or take serious actions, then…I am afraid it is approaching it’s doom.

7 Likes

Pretty much the feeling I have.

I bought the game when the Nord dropped and am happy just upgrading cars and chasing the next in Rivals to see if I can do it in that car and that’s it

Come the FOMO I’ll just select the ride I like the sound of the most, jump in knowing I’ll win every race with the A.I set to unbeatable 8 and get it over with as quickly as possible… then have to wait another 7 days to repeat the process just so I can get the vehicle that I cannot purchase.

If and when Road Atlanta, Mount Panorama & Long Beach are added I’ll do laps of those in Rivals as well, hoping for the day that Freeplay is fixed so I can select my grid position in the championship that I created with a tracklist of my choosing maybe even thrown in a bit of selectable weather conditions and have some puddles to contend with.

5 Likes

Back when we had Sebring, Fujimi Kaido, Road Atlanta and others

3 Likes

FM8 is just a hollow game compared to every single one of the FM’s before it.

Less of everything including Soul

Sure it’s a gaas but only Turn10 knows the roadmap, the customers are left guessing, wondering if this and that will be added or fixed and as the months go by it feels like there’s less & less communication, like there’s only a handful of people working on the game.

Maybe there wasn’t that many to start considering the single player campaign felt like it was slapped together in a matter of days, the time it took to complete it

Of course that’s just my opinion

8 Likes

Forza to me only wins in 2 categories.
1: dynamic weather in all tracks.
2: handling model ( the track does not goes around the car ).
FM8 can actually become a greater game they just need the right people to add content to the game.
Games nowadays can easily be updated and change the way they look. Look cyberpunk 2077 it doesn’t look the same game after launch. FM8 can be better than GT7 they have a good recipe a good starting point they just need to put more love and do right things. They can add drag racing, drift racing, improve graphics. But they are working slowly very slowly because we are 6 months away game being released and I haven’t noticed anything major besides the car progression system. Graphics to me look the same, car sounds not improved yet. They are a licensed game they can do better I know they can I easy as just look back at older Forzas …

4 Likes

This is a great point. There is literally nothing to do. The amount of thought and creativity put into the game is absolutely embarrassing. FM7 seemed to have plenty of modes, etc. why did it all go away?

10 Likes

I get the same empty hollow feeling while playing FH5…nothing to do.The story was fun,so there is that to be applauded,other than that it’s a yawnfest.The races are too easily won to re-run more than once.Yawn…

At least FH5 has Eventlab, an auction house, a working (and superior imo) livery editor, some semblance of organized racing going on, clubs… Horizon is very good at building a thriving community that kinda “makes” the endgame. Forza Motorsport, on the other hand…

2 Likes

Yeah but how long has that game been out to make you feel like its stale, going on 2 and a half years compared to not even 6 months with FM8

If there was a solid Career mode like in FM7 I’m pretty sure I’d still be chasing it, but at the moment all I’m chasing is what’s the next track going to be… and the one after that and so on

Haven’t touched FH5 for at least 6 months now but from what I can see reading the forum it’s still being loaded with way more content than this Motorsport installment.

Absolutely, it’s leaps and bounds ahead and hopefully the next installment whenever and wherever that may be uses the one positive thing to come out of FM8, the points of contact to give us a sense of weight distribution and the grip levels that come with it. They certainly got me keen with the changes made from FH4 in the physics department with 5 :+1:

There’s so much that has been proved to work with both franchises, Motorsport & Horizon that surely the next installment of Horizon will break some ground, let’s just hope that they don’t go all Ray Tracing cause the Xbox is not ready, so too a very large chunk of the PC gamers no matter if they think their card can handle it. FH5 managed to make the game solid on both platforms without making the PC feel like a ported game.

A Quality effort and looking forward to the next installment

I’ll just leave this here. The sound they put in the game is pure disrespect towards Pagani.

2 Likes

This hasn’t been a thing since old 2d racers. Yes old arcade racers like outrun, maybe up to and Including Geoff crammond f1 etc. but no, these games now cars move around a 3d bordered map. Lol :laughing:

3 Likes

If I were Horacio, Turn10 would be hearing from me and given a choice, get the sound of my vehicles right or let’s sit down and talk licensing.

Pagani is not just a car, it’s an expression, a work of art

6 Likes