The Crew Motorfest

I’m seeing some creator videos come up on YouTube.

Djs has his up. Hoki had his

I didn’t watch the ubi showcase but written previews seem solid - driving physics improved for one

120e for the ultimate edition, 3 days early access (some other game coming has 5 days…)

With 2 cars a month for a year among the add-ons.

Seems steep imo

I’m never going to buy another Crew game again. The second one was better in the open beta than the release version, and it only went downhill from there.

They kept making the game worse overall with every “update”, and changed the way cars handled all the time. The cynic in me says it was to make people grind virtual money (or even spend real dough) so they could afford the new meta.

Also, unlike Forza you have to beat roughly 95% (or whatever being in the top 3000 converts to) of the other players so you get the top weekly reward.

/rant

Only played tc1 so can’t comment on your #rant :slight_smile: but will take your word on it

I got that one free when Ubi gave it away for their anniversary a couple years back. Liking it was part of the reason I bought part 2. Lesson learned, never buy a game on the merits of another.

1 Like

Fun fact, demos stopped being a thing because they convinced more people NOT to buy a game, making it an even bigger waste of time, money, and (wo)manpower for the developers.

Also, another fun fact, the “beta” version of TC2 looked a lot better than the final product. They turned down the amount of smoke you can have trail your plane by a ton, turned off the car headlights and made “nights” that look like late afternoon.

The pre-orders release today, regular launch is the 14th. I bought the Gold Edition yesterday. Looking forward to trying this game out! First The Crew game for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m playing it on the Xbox Series X.

I have fun in Motorfest but what really sucks are the controls. You can’t redefine the bindings so you’re stuck with awful counterintuitive controls. With Manual default bindings XY is shifting, A is Nitro, LB is handbrake. Why not like in FH?

Also the Feats are annoying because your car will get reset back without being able to cancel it. So you drive around, blow past a speed camera and you get reset back. Why? It even said I achieved the right speed. You have to literally drive around the camera to avoid them which is annoying.

What’s good is the car list and customization. You have the Bugatti Centodieci, Voiture Noire, Red Bull F1 cars (also current ones!), motorcycles, airplanes. So many times I wonder “Why is The Crew able to get them and Forza isn’t??”

The map is better and more vibrant too. No to little pop-in, dense foliage, CITIES AND TOWNS. Also the map is fully 3D when you check the map out. It feels much more modern than Forza. Fast travel is instantaneous! No loading time!!

But Forza definitely beats Motorfest in car physics though, it’s unparalleled! Some of the tuning is better too. They’re adding more new cars and some bodykits. I’d say right now one game isn’t better than the other. They pretty much complement each other. If Forza wants to truly beat Motorfest than they need to ramp up customization and perhaps add a Car Show like in Motorfest. That’s a really cool feature for sure!

Thanks! Will definitely check it out tonight. Hopefully it’s still there!

1 Like

Thanks!! It works on the Xbox Series X :smiley:

1 Like

I’m currently almost done with the 5h trial and so far it has been pretty decent experience. I’m actually thinking of buying the game or at least taking Ubi+ and play some more.

The game itself is a FH5 clone and the best Crew game so far (2 previous ones never really clicked for me). I barely play FH5 nowadays (I have been loosing touch with Horizon series and unfortunately it has become a borefest for me - I really hope the next iteration will be a completely new take on the series and not the same game we have had since FH3) and this game is a nice refreshing way to deal with that Froza itch I have time to time.

There’s good and there’s bad (60fps cap in 2023 racing game? Really? REALLY?? !!!), but I suggest everyone to try it and give this game a chance. That 5 hour trial should be enough for that.

I played the game through the free trial and well i don’t think its worth paying full price.

First and foremost i don’t agree with the arguments that the game is a horizon clone. Obviously its trying to scratch that Horizon festival niche and if you watch trailers and teasers you’ll get that impression a lot. But in practise its just not true. Especially i noticed it after going back to the crew 2. The crew DNA is 100% in the crew motorfest since a lot of the features are straight up borrowed and put into the new game.

Like changing vehicles on the fly, the upgrade system, the summit is the same, the flashy screens cinematics and cuts that are very much a staple of how the crew presents its own game, nitros, tresures hunts and the map bleeping when you’re close to one of them, the PR stunts of the crew are the same like speed traps or driving a plane through checkpoints to achieve a certain score. Its very much the crew game everywhere you look.

The map might be smaller but its really beautiful and properly dense and there’s a good amount of towns, smaller and bigger. The vegetations, the enviroments and just overall the way the game presentation is done is light years ahead of current horizon. For me it is the better looking map and when it comes to graphics is the prettier game. Although few areas weren’t as detailed. The streets feel empty and there are no pedestrians like in the previous game. Weather effects are much nicer compared to previous game.

The playlists - fun but you don’t get to use the cars you want instead you’re given loaned vehicles. Online is lacking - no proper online racing like in horizon. The grand race is basically a concept taken from Ubisoft’s Riders Republic mashed with the crew mechanic of switching on the fly and its fun at first but there’s no point to it. Steering animation is improved and i like how when you drive slowly your driver rests his hand on the door.

The game was supposedly in developpment for 5 years and i just can’t believe thats all that they’ve done with it. Like clearly most of the features were brought from the crew 2 to the new game, the upgrade system is still bad, the microtransactions are there, the summit FOMO as well. On top of that the game is still capped at 60 fps, no upscaling tech was implemented, no ray tracing, can’t use full screen, mirrors reflections still don’t work. It most definitely doesn’t feel like a game released in 2023.

Game is fun at its core yet they seem to have recycled most of the crew 2 and just slapped a flashier game presentation. Its basically the same game but slightly refined. It does feel more like a DLC to the crew 2 than a standalone game. It seems to me like for as long as Ubisoft keeps being Ubisoft and EA keeps being EA these games are doomed. I’ll probably pick it up at some point for a discount.

2 Likes

so that is not my fault due to playing on keyboard? that is just how it is?

My review of that game is: I wasn’t even bothered to use all time from my 5hours free trial :wink:

I do have to say that I’ve enjoyed few things. One of them was grip differnce between tarmac/grass/mud. Can you buy later in the game some grippier offroad tires?

I played on a controller and i noticed the same thing… Most definitely not a keyboard issue but if you’re using a keyboard you might be more prone to it since you know you’re going from 0-100% when pressing a button. So its easier to push harder than you should’ve. Also i hear the game plays a lot better with some of the assists on. Especially if you’re racing there is a big advantage to using traction control for example.

This snap overesteer reminded me of nfs unbound now when i think about it :smiley: Its even a skill used by the if you wanna call them “pro players” to take corners faster while also using yellow/burst nos. Unbound has it worse. And if you’re on a keyboard you’re a lot more prone to twitching or any similar weird handling behaviours. It can throw you off at times especially on RWD cars. So the only thing you can do on a keyboard is try and be more precise and calm while racing. Decreasing steering sesntivity on the car itself helps.

As far as i saw Motorfest also has some tuning options which migh be helpful to reduce the problem.
But again Motorfest doesn’t have it as bad as Unbound where your car can twitch and snap in a 100 different ways.

Isn’t it funny you have to discuss the game here after Ubisoft nuked their forum again a couple of months ago? Two forums killed in as many years.

1 Like