The car thread

The wheelbase is really good and it has excellent power delivery. The suspension is also very stable over the jumps. The only thing I’m not big on is the spongy brakes, but it’s very strong. Maybe the skill tree tricks people as it’s all drag and street racing buffs?

I had been using GreetedDusts tune, but this feels better to me and I prefer the wheels too. Did a couple of open races and won the first one at Barranca easily. I then inexplicably drove into a wall whilst leading at Baja scramble :smile: Still finished third with the first 2 cars in sight, though.

Will use it again for some full tournaments.

2 Likes

Giving this a bump again for the Renault 5, knew it was good already but didn’t realise just how good, I only have Saeenu’s seasonal Trial on it from ages ago so it’s not even a full-on purpose built tune.

Won 5 out of 6 races in B Dirt with it earlier vs some very tough opposition and only lost the 1 because of my own error, and on Fuera Del Camino I set a time that would have been top 100 in Rivals.

Thought that couldn’t be right afterwards so I went in Rivals with it, ran the course and it turned out I wasn’t mistaken, it’s currently at #50 on that board from 1 single run.

2 Likes

M3 E46. I know it’s a good car but I never tuned it much, other than some cosmetics. But I just started making a replica of a supercharged M3 with over 500hp and it drives really well!

1 Like

All those old Renaults are such lovely cars.

3 Likes

I’m currently hooked to the Manta or better Mantas as I’ve a couple of them with different liveries and tunes in the garage.

The car unfortunately has no real road tires, semis or slicks but it’s still somehow competitive on asphalt with the original offroads, the forza offroads or the drift tires. All of the available engines actually fit the car.
It’s one of the few cars that actually have a “soul” in this game and it’s simply a blast to throw it around on tarmac or gravel.

Here’s a shot of my “private” 400er tool with the 3.0T Racing, AWD, full aero and drift tires.

2 Likes

I’d say Forza balance did that car dirty, but let’s be honest, it did all of RWD dirt dirty.

Also, we need more Opels. They have a rich rally history, plus a true gem in Oliver.

2 Likes

IMO the RWD is completely off in this game. At least with a wheel it just feels arkward. Also compared to other games. That’s why I basically swap everything A and above to AWD.

Yes, there are quite a couple of Opels that would be an enrichment. Don’t know why they neclect this brand so much if it’s already in there.

2 Likes

Been finding some fun also in trying to replicate race cars from real life or that I drove in other racing games, well when I say replicate it’s basically get them to the same horsepower, add race upgrades across the board and find the matching livery for the car.

Mazda MX-5 '16 - Supercup
BMW M3-GTR - #6 M3 GTR from FM4
Mitsubishi GTO - GTO LM Edition from the 1st Gran Turismo
Ferrari 430 Scuderia - #71 Tafel Racing F430GT from FM3
Toyota Supra '98 - Castrol Tom’s Supra from GT3
Porsche Cayman GT4 - Same car from Project CARS 2.

Was hoping to do 1 of the GT350 Fairlady Z’s from FM4 too but couldn’t find a good livery for either version that was in that game.

1 Like

I put a BTCC Esso 406 style livery on this '94 Nissan Silvia. DTM period race number plates. The dimensions of the 406 and the bodykit Silvia broadly matched - so why not?

2 Likes

GORGEOUS! I’d love that car to be added.

2 Likes

I’ll add the Mustang RTR Spec 5, this is with Kapien’s tune installed, these explain it better than I could.

Was absolutely dreading it at the start as well seeing 3 CLK’s, a 917 + Speed 12 on the grid.

1 Like

Yeah, those RTR Mustang’s with KapienPL’s tunes punch with the best of them. I’ve had success with all 3.

1 Like

Enjoying the 2020 Supra with PlageBLN’s 1999 Toyota GT-One inspired livery. It’s very nice on road and dirt. Using Rocklxd’s tune for road/street and KapienPL for dirt.

For fun I’m just going to list what my top picks for the day are. These are all road, street, or multi-surface builds in my collection.

D - Golf GTI - The original with a “once loved now rusted” paint job. It’s light weight and tough but rewarding throttle management make it an exciting drive.

C - Mercedes 190E - I usually hate Mercedes but this car is a massive exception. The car feels eager at all times and does a good job communicating to the driver when it’s nearing its limits. Rocking a tasteful grey, deep red (almost burgundy), and black paint job.

B - 2021(?) Golf R - Car pass car, a near stock build. Recently rebuilt and retuned, now with the VW 400R bodykit. I jump back and forth on loving or hating AWD hatchbacks, and right now I’m loving them. Give it enough gas and the Golf R will get itself rotated no problem, and it’s a shockingly intuitive and immersive drive for an AWD car (AWD usually comes with some detachment from the driving “feel”). Rocking a bold lime green, straight from the manufacturer.

A - 2008 BMW M3 - Put a V8 in an M3 they said. My response: Gross. But I finally gave this car a fair chance (and kept the bodykit off it this time) and… dang it I actually like it. BMW has a bad habit of making me like cars that I feel like I should hate. It’s why I’ve never driven that Forza Edition S2 X5. I’m deathly afraid that I’ll like it. Anyways, this one is rocking a near black blue, with a little, subtle tramp stamp on the back to show who tuned it.

S1 - 2017 Nissan GTR - I’ve been on a huge GTR/Skyline kick of late, but this morning this one is my favourite. I’m sure that’ll change by tomorrow… or this afternoon. Recent rebuild, repaint, retune job. It’s now more of a power build, but a disciplined and precise driver can still hold a fair amount of speed through corners, especially if they’re good at managing weight transfer. White with two stripes running the length of the passenger side roof, one a pastel cyan, the other a pastel orange-red. Some subtle branding on the hood and sides round out the livery.

S2 - Koenigsegg One-1 - Recent built and I’m shocked at how I didn’t immediately go into a tree. It’s drivable, which is saying a lot for a Koenigsegg. Rocking the default paint job.

4 Likes

Mine’s the Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale.

I road race it at A800 with a nice balanced tune. Handles great, plenty fast enough, and I don’t know what it is about it, but it’s just somehow fun to drive. It just seems to have a lively personality.

2 Likes

A lot of the cars mentioned in last few posts are very close to real life handling. Joy. I’ve had a bunch of them 1:1. Mk1 GTi with couple mods was fun, balanced. So is Mk 8 ‘21. E92 M3 with S65 V8 is outstanding M3, imo best other than E30. Wife dd was E90 4d DCT for 8y, refused to give it up. Balance. 360S also a blast.
These are the cars that every physics model should emulate. And manufacturers irl too. 2.3-16 a hoot. 6 swapped mine, more torque.

1 Like

The Benz has a bug with the aero of the rear wing which has a way to low downforce level. This unfortunately makes it basically unusable for A and S1 racing. The car is a shadow of what it was in FH4.

I’ve made this.

Original engine, N/A, Semis, no aero…a dream to drive as AWD or FWD.

2 Likes

That car was great in FH4 and now 5. Lift throttle tuck in is great. Cool car

That Sports 800 is great! I’ve done an S1 tune for it and excepted it’ll be all over the place but it’s actually very controlable. Great handling and outright fun to drive.

Share codes: Design 924 831 233 - Tune 148 106 789 (S1 900)

2 Likes

It’s not too hard to nab a duplicate at the moment, so made sure to pick another one up. Super fun little car! Haven’t tried it in S1 yet.