The car thread

How have I never seen this thread before?

Well the 991c2 Gunther Werks is out so it’s become my new flavour of choice. Tuned it down to A class and is it ever a nice drive. It’s just so precise, you feel like a sergeon every time you nail a corner. I need more cockpit time to be sure, but I think my RZ supra has been replaced from it’s top spot in my personal road A class ranking. That’s a very tough catagory too.

I’ve also finally nailed down to difficulty I need to play at in order to enjoy historic RWD rally. The game is so poorly balanced for RWD dirt and CC, that if I keep everything at the same difficulty then either RWD rally is impossible (and super un-immersive) or anything on road or street is laughable easy. I mostly avoided historic rally up to this point even though it’s one of my favourite categories of cars. So yeah I’m rallying a lot more, in various classic and retro rally cars.

I was just thinking about this so I’ll leave my current road racing list for each PI, but this is always subject to change. Variety is the spice of life after all! Not going to get into Dirt or CC unless asked. I figure road/Street is just the most popular.

D - Morgan 3-wheeler
C - Toyota MR2
B - Toyota Trueno
A - Porsche 911 Carrera 2 by Gunther Werks
S1 - 2016(?) Porsche 911 GT2
S2 - Porsche 918 or Lotus Evija.
X - will never build one if I don’t have to.

No drivetrain conversions, all my own builds and tunes.

2 Likes

Your grandma just called & said she’s the one that taught you to drive! :joy:

I actually was just in last night tinkering with this one. Haven’t completed the tune yet but saw I could get it above 1500HP so I’m looking forward to dialing it in & possibly a new design. So far, really liking this car too.

1 Like

So finally finished tuning this up & managed to get it to 1515hp, AWD @ 2.08s in the 0-60 & confirmed top speed of 274mph so not too bad. Setup was a little tricky to get it there but still handles nice. Also put a design on it; both are shared for anyone interested.

1 Like

Of all the cars I own, like and over 1 million accolades in, this still my favourite car to just go racing in haha

3 Likes

My most driven car in FH5 is the M4 GTS, have mine tuned to S class, it’s got no grip and can’t really stay in a straight line full throttle but I love it. I don’t really do any online racing so most of my cars are tuned for cruising around the map

But recently scooped up a F8 Tributo off the AH for cheap after it was available again from seasonal rewards and it has since became my new go to car to drive around in, probably isn’t the fastest or the best handling car, but I’m a big fan of car’s design and the high revving V8 in it

2 Likes

Bugatti Veyron is my favorite car in FH5 and what I drive the most. I didn’t like its handling in FH4. The new physics model in FH5 makes it handle 10x better.

1 Like

I still love the Koenigsegg CC8S (Buntaaaaaa/PlageBLN) in S1.

It’s such a savage yet astoundingly versatile and forgiving car. I mainly used it for sprints until recently I tried another build that’s better on the circuits.

Other fun and less “meta” options I’m enjoying:

Ford Focus '17 - K1Z Suimin - Budget supercar. Its only weakness is the really slow heavy braking corners and if you use ABS (I don’t) it’s even easier to drive. Rocket. (Best for road sprints/street scene in my experience.)

Lamborghini Reventon - K1Z Bard - Superbly agile. Just nice.

Lamborghini Gallardo Superlegerra- K1Z Bard/Only Naps - This car is absurdly easy to drive. Can be driven your in your sleep. (Only Naps tune doesn’t have the big spoiler and has more of a street look)

Ital Design Zerouno - Plage BLN - This is quite capable in steady hands. It sounds gorgeous, has smooth brakes and is butter through the turns.

1 Like

Well it’s been one week since my first post, and some top spots have changed.

C - Toyota MR2 to Renault Clio Williams - the Clio Williams was always a favourite, but it was a very early build, long before I had learned the many ins and outs of this game’s PI system. Got a very recent complete overhaul; new build, new tune. It’s given the car new life and vaulted it to the top spot in C.

Not sure it’s good enough to keep the top spot over the MR2 or the rest of the competition in C class, but the newness of it, along with the fact that it’s one of the best examples of how fun FWD can be, keep it in the top spot for now. Note: best example does not mean meta

S1 - Porsche 911 GT2 to McLaren F1 - another old, early build, but only required minor tweaks in order to bring up to date. The F1 hasn’t really fallen far from the top spot since day 1, I just haven’t been driving it much of late. I’ve been trying to build some new S1 builds of late, trying to flesh out the restriction in my favourites list, with little success. There aren’t many cars in there that aren’t 911s. This is one of the few that’s been there since I got it, and it’s not going anywhere.

2 Likes

Ford Transit Supervan 3 - Rocklxd - Did 2 open races with a packed field in S1 CC. Missed a checkpoint in my first race at the start, but still finished 2nd then won the next race by just over 10 seconds. (Not sure what happened behind)

This is a very strong option and possibly too easy to drive.

1 Like

Well it’s been some time, but my road list hasn’t really changed, so I think it’s time I posted my dirt list.

D - Peugeot 205 Rallye
C - Volvo 242 Turbo
B - Renault A110 Alpine (original)
A - Audi Quattro
S1 - Ford M-Sport Fiesta
S2 - what are ya nuts!?

A class again has some very tight competition, but the Quattro is a new rebuild. I originally had it set up as a all surface B class, but decided to turn it into the purpose built rally machine it should have always been, complete with that team Audi livery. I can always get another one for road racing. The Peugeot 205 T16 (with full group B body kit and livery of course) and the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI are both hot on its tail.

1 Like

Really enjoying that orange 2010 BMW M3 GTS with K1Z Bard’s purist tune. Nice, buttery RWD. Second favourite M3 in the game now.

The car itself doesn’t have ridiculous pace by any means, but handles so beautifully. Worthy choice for the dry BMW tour if it’s just sat gathering dust in ones garage.

Pontiac GTO - 3 GEAR DRIFTING tune by One Melee share code 416 371 152. Really nice :ok_hand:

Using ESV Mars KTM X-Bow GT4 S1 tune. It’s very good but the car lacks top end and now the AE Viper is there feels like its a little bit less useful. Handles, brilliantly though. Fun little kart. A car I’m still glad they re-added.

My most driven car is the 1998 Toyota Supra RZ (at time of writing this it has over 62k kilometers) it has been tuned by me and is great for racking up skill points on the highway

For drifting i use 2 cars,
1994 Nissan Silvia (2JZ build)

2000 Nissan Silvia (Built SR20)

As for the daily i use a 1969 Dodge Charger

All tunes are done by me.

1 Like

One day, someone gifted me a Corvette Z06 2002 with the classic blue and white, same thing I used in other racing games in the past except with a ZR-1 1995.

I don’t know if they knew my tastes or they just got extremely lucky, but it’s a real fun car to drive and performs well at S1.

1 Like

Ferrari F12 TDF S1 Road/Street - KapienPL - 171 885 043 - Oof. Unbelievably nice in the rain. You can be as surgically precise or as exuberant as you like. Very good non-meta AWD. I enjoyed using it on the very wet Italian Tour.

McLaren F1 GT S2 Road/Street - Egao no Hana - 130 722 914 - What a weapon! It’s not a Mosler, but it’s still a rocket. It doesn’t take long to get used to this crazy fast RWD either. Very strong car and tune.

I’ll throw in the Ford Focus '03 with COMoonstars11’s tune.

Beaten by the R32 Golf in it’s car type but regardless a very steady car and good enough to win in Open, would have done a clean sweep of a B Street lobby in it just now had some idiot not forced me inside on a corner where traffic was hiding around the bend on that side, finished 2nd but it beat 2 good drivers in a 22B Impreza + '21 Golf by 3 seconds in the other 2 races.

Put in very respectable times in 1 of Jezza’s Rivals challenges a while back too on Costa Rocosa before the previously mentioned R32 became the very clear best Hot Hatch.

1 Like

Deberti Toyota Tacoma TRD “The Performance Truck” - S1 CC/Dirt - KapienPL- 142 364 665 - I had absolutely no idea it was so strong till it was mentioned in the seasonal threads.

I am not amazing in it, but the way it delivers its speed. :exploding_head: it bites and takes off like it has nitrous in it and you can aggressively attack the jumps. It wants to win races. Just beware of understeer. Swept the S1 CC open more than once.

It’s apparently even stronger in A class too, so it sure does fit its name. I like its look too. The lights look so mean.

1 Like

I’ll throw another car in here that I originally drove in 1 of Jezza’s rivals challenges but has now proven itself in Open.

The Forsberg SafariZ with KapienPL’s A Dirt tune.

Just won all 3 races in a round, 2 of which were done with a 6 star level 719 player sporting the level 1000 Open badge and driving a Bone Shaker in the lobby, beat them by 20+ seconds on Mangrove and around 5 seconds on Cascada Trail, superb car that glides on dirt + is still surprisingly good on the tarmac sections.

You should only be left with 2 questions after reading that…

Why is the car so rarely seen/used by people?
What is someone who’s clearly done everything there is to do in Open doing taking the most boring option in the entire game for a car to use in online races?

I have no idea for both questions either.

1 Like

Ive been using 2 cars recently:

2010 BMW M3 GTS
2018 Raesr Tachyon Speed

Both are my faves but i have other cars that are fun to drive.