The Arbitrariness

Part of the weekly Forzathon challenge this week is to win 3 Cross Country events in an Offroad vehicle. I just won 3 in offroad vehicles and it says I did 1. OH! 3 SEPARATE events. It doesn’t really tell me that, does it? It just assumes I’ll make that assumption. And that’s not the only time this stupid game has made assumptions and then I find myself going “why didn’t that work? Oh, because I need to that. You know, it be nice if the game would tell me things instead of assuming I know.”

I get the whole “puzzle” thing, but we already have the barn finds. And the last thing I really want in a RACING GAME is puzzles.

I seem to recall someone in the seasonal thread mentioned they did the challenge successfully by doing the same race three times. Which makes me want to ask what “offroad vehicles” you used.

1 Like

I sessioned one event 3 times and got it to trigger 3 times.

Later I was driving co-op with a friend and we got it to trigger once for him, then it would not trigger again.

It seems to either be bugged or there are additional restrictions that are not explicitly mentioned that some of us just get lucky with.

That may be down to co-op. A friend of mine had that happen with a challenge in one of the previous seasons.

I had issues with it at first not registering wins, but then I noticed it said now win them in your off-road vehicle. Then I tried doing races with the Chevy ZR2, which is the truck that completed the first part after I took it for a test drive after buying it in the shop. All 3 wins registered, same race repeated for all three. So I think you have to win the races with the same thing you drove to complete the first part.

You can 100% win the same race 3 times over to complete the challenge. Are you sure you used a vehicle from the Offroad class (not just “an offroader”) - Extreme Offroad/Buggies/SUVs etc do not count.

1 Like

I gave up on this challenge since no offroad vehicle I tried triggered the weekly event. I didn’t want to go buying every offroad vehicle.

I did the whole 4 parts using the old landrover FE that was available from the forzathon shop
No issues whatsoever…except having the 7 million reset 3 times…which was great for earning skill points and mastering all the perks for several cars from the 30 million skillscore i ended up doing

I did the whole 4 parts using the old landrover FE that was available from the forzathon shop
No issues whatsoever…except having the 7 million reset 3 times…which was great for earning skill points and mastering all the perks for several cars from the 30 million skillscore i ended up doing

It’s win 3 cross country “Sprints” - so try the point-to-point races rather than circuit races.

Nope, circuits work. I did a blueprinted 2-lap race of the quarry cross-country circuit 3 times to get my 3 wins (the AI struggled there with the tight uphill turns so it was an easy win scenario). The wording is “Cross Country SERIES”

1 Like

the trick with the weekly challenge is you have to use the same car for all the parts,.

Some of the posts in this thread make me think people are misinterpreting vehicle types.

Offroad is not just describing any vehicle that sought of suits off road use.

It is a specific category in the game.

When in garage or autoshow look at the bottom of the screen for either sort or filter. If sort scroll across until offroad is selected at the top. If filter go down and select next to offroad and hit ok.

You will find a small number of vehicles that are in the OFFROAD category.

These are the only vehicles that will count:

2017 Chevrolet Colorado ZR2
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor
2011 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
1975 Ford Bronco
2006 Hummer H1 Alpha
1970 International Scout 800A
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
1976 Jeep CJ5 Renegade
1986 Lamborghini LM 002
1997 Land Rover Defender 90
1973 Land Rover Range Rover