Support ending in August 2019 - but WHY?

Okay, so the game still requires a myriad of improvements:

• car sound improvements
  • add missing shift animations
  • resolve headlight bugs
  • improve calibration for hdr and sdr
  • add maybe a few fantasy tracks
  • remove wobbly parts or at least have the option to switch this on/off
  • other graphical and LOD glitches

and this is just the tip of the iceberg. the game still won’t let me get into MP;

T10, please don’t abandon this game just yet - many of us will still be on One-X when Scarlett releases next year and would love to see more improvements being added to FM7.

Off-topic: what about a remastered FM4 on X-One or at the very least a backward compatible version?

This is such sad news - I’d hate to see it abandoned after August. Even the car packs weren’t that exciting.

6 Likes

I agree, feels like I paid $100 for a beta for forza 8, leaving drag as experimental, taking almost two years to implement race regulations, no expansion, lots of general bugs and car fixes left, and now with no Motorsport this year and unknown when in 2020 they’re just like “ok we’re done, some things didn’t pan out for FM7, we’re looking into it for FM8” for a $100 game that doesn’t seem riggt

7 Likes

I actually felt like that with 6. It was terrible. I didn’t buy 7 until it was half price, and even then I still feel like I was charged to error report and help them sort out griefers. Like I paid them to keep me busy doing testing. 5 was a good game, but go through and complete all the events with gold. What do you get? Not even an achievement after like 500 hours of gameplay to complete it. At least the gameplay was solid though. It’s like they’ve been phoning it in since.

1 Like

Shocking but I guess not surprising when I sit back and think about it. Just this morning I was wondering why MP lobbies were mostly empty except for S and R class. Leagues are just as bad. I guess enough people have left the game to no longer make it worth it for T10 to keep attempting to fix ongoing bugs and subpar features.

I’ve literally just fired up FM7 to “give it yet another go”, read this, and instead I’m mumbling to myself “Ugh, back to FM6 again then…”.

It would very interesting to know how many motor sport game fans were only on Xbox for Forza and have now abandoned Xbox altogether to give Playstation a go. Without an expensive rig/setup, Forza and GT are the only two racing games near enough to simulation level. I’m not an avid blog reader but doesn’t Playstation support VR for GT Sport?

I wish it wasn’t so but I really don’t see a way back for Forza Motorsport. I’ve had many years’ fun with Motorsport but as tight-fisted as I am (refusing to buy an X) even I’m thinking about moving to Playstation…

1 Like

Only for a limited subset of the game, you can’t use it for online racing as they aim for a level playing field there.

1 Like

Exactly. This generation I started with Playstation as almost everybody. PS4 was great at start with many games. But then I wanted to give a change to Forza again so I bought S and Horizon 3 and I was amazed. Forza is the only reason for me to have Xbox. I bought Xbox One X because of Horizon 4. I don’t care about other games. Currently I have every game and Tier 13. But after last months I think it’s time to think again about car stuff. We already have Project Cars 2 and Dirt rally 2 for both. GTS is for PS only. We don’t have open-world sim like Horizon. But probably somebody from Sony is working on it right now.

So, yeah, Forza is a system seller for me and for many my friends. Without it nobody would care about Xbox at all.

1 Like

Pretty bold statement considering there’s millions of Xbox owners out there who have never played Forza…

6 Likes

I play on PC and got a buddy I met on Xbox to switch to PS4 for GT. I love Forza, but GT utterly destroys FM7. Hopefully FM8 makes some massive changes.

Yeah, I meant people with Forza. Current Xbox has almost nothing to offer so it’s hard to imagine to buy it next time. On Xbox I liked Forza, Elite controller and X version. Without it I could go anywhere else. Elite will have new version but Forza looks a bit destroyed now. More powerful console will be elsewhere too.

All depends on what you like really. I love my Xbox’s. I started with the PS like everyone else. I moved to the 360 because most of my friends made the jump. I have plenty of games I really like, and I love the 4K on the One X. Playstation is still a good console, but they have absolutely nothing to offer me that I can’t get on the box.

1 Like

I think it’s huge win for PS. It’s funny because I play Forza only and my PS catches dust. But games are different level. I played every great exclusivity already so it’s fine for me to play on Xbox.

X360 was the best console for me yet. Still, the PS exclusivity were way better IIRC.

This topic is about if Forza is so important for sinking Xbox. I think so and it needs much better care and communication to players.

It’s time for the team to move on from FM7.

1 Like

Discussed during yesterday’s Forza Monthly livestream:

7 Likes

Can we get the message to T10 to at least fix the track rotation distribution in the FM7 multiplayer lobbies before washing their hands of it? I run mainly S class and rarely do we get full road america, road atlanta, mugello, nurburg grand prix, hockenheim, laguna seca, long beach, and the ring circuits…

We get a ton of short, partial track variants with LOTS of repeats that quite frankly gets boring fast.

As a side note, cutting the ring down to 1 lap was a good move compared to FM6, but the 24hr Le Mans circuits need to go back to 2 laps…1 is too short.

2 Likes

This too. . .

Thanks for the info. It makes sense. The only question for me is if they will deliver complete game at launch. I will probably buy Ultimate edition day 1 but everything must be there already. If they switched to different style of development, I won’t support it. It’s like Battlefield. I like Battlefield but can’t buy it day 1. One year is enough delay to get a good game. But it’s not good for them I think.

Forza online and FM7 FRR is geared towards a cult subset of upper level online players the rest of us casual players can go jump off a cliff. I would sell my xbox and get a ps4 and GTSport but there is no market for a used xbox. Funny thing is there is still a hot market even fora ps3 and the original entry level ps4. When the new xbox is released, it will be a big ladden piece of garbage just like every new generation xbox has always been. It will not be until about the third quarter after the release that the next generation xbox will be relatively safe to purchase. And not until it has been out for a full year before they have the bulk of the bugs worked out of the system. Even then it will still require the monthly MS updates. So even if the new Forza and new xbox is released before Christmas 2019 (which they are saying 2020 sometime) it will be 2021 before it is even reasonably smart to invest in a new xbox. By that time Forza and Turn10 should be getting ready to release bug fest number 9. Or FM10???
Or LegoSport11?:grin:
Should have kept there word and made FM7 better for the interim until FM8 and the new xbox were ready. Most nearly everybody playing FM7 would have shelled out some upgade bucks for a few tracks, a couple of cool car packs, and a few extra career blocks. I’m not sure Turn10 made the best marketing decision.

3 Likes

I think the heart of the matter is; a lot of FM7 players are not happy right now. And a lot of FM7 players are not going to be buying the nextgen xbox right off just because of FM8 if it is not released until the nextgen xbox is released.

3 Likes

X1X has FM7 updated qued after FH4

These two lines stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I’ve heard this all before when they were releasing FM7. Sadly they bailed on FM6 in a far better state then they have FM7, there still were some bugs from release date and their attempt at thwarting corner cutting by random tire walls was laughable at best, but they are leaving FM7 in a far worse state. They gave FM6 two new tracks and two expansions before they slipped out. For FM7 at least they gave us Race Regulations where I spend most of my time on Forza 7.

So best of luck with your Forza Motorsports 7-2.0 project Turn 10., I’ll just stick with FM7 and FM6 from here on in. I’m not to interested in buying a new console and these two game will more than suffice for my racing needs.

2 Likes