Support ending in August 2019 - but WHY?

AGREED, We all know they are going to try and release F8 as a release title for the newer generation, which means they will have a strict deadline to meet, and with the gaming business we all know that many developers just can’t seem to get things right on these deadlines. We have accepted 9/10ths games or less for years because they know they can improve and implement updates through patches and what not. I honestly can’t remember the last game I bought that felt 10/10ths, even if the game is great a couple weeks or month later they come out with fully polished DLC you had to pay extra for? this practice is sickening. But business is Business and we the consumer keep purchasing season passes so why wouldn’t they grab what they can from us.

I really hope turn 10 look what games like F1 2019 or Assetto Competitions doing, instead trying to copying there one game again and again, in which nobody interested anymore.
Forza Motorsport has still a great potential but not as a Forza Horizon on racetracks.
FM 3/4 where great games an leaf a lot into motorsports and simracing. Nobody want a iracing but more immersion could be helpful to bring players back.
I really hope they do nothing complete stupid to sell Gamepass.
If so please cut Motorsport out of the title.
The shame is that the game have so great racing cars but no gameplay that make this cars so great. Realistic tyre wear, fuel consumption, changing race lines over a race, different tyre compunent. F1 2019 is a great example to bring all this features in a game without losing the casual players.

F1 2019 is a complete re-skin of F1 2018. I’m not going to go into why right now because I’d he here for a decade but the upgrades from F1 2018 to F1 2019 are so minuscule and incremental it’s ridiculous to offer a $69.99 price tag.

Same goes for FM6 to FM7 at launch. It was barely an upgrade, just FM6 with more content yet somehow more broken and buggy. Now, I’d say FM7 is the best Forza game we’ve ever had but that’s after 20 months of post game support. That’s not acceptable.

There’s a clear and obvious reason for this and it’s why both F1 2019, FM7, Fifa etc were poor games at launch and it’s simple. 1 to 2 years of development time is not enough. It’s simple too little time to make a meaningful and sizable upgrade to warrant charging another AAA price tag every year or two. The games cone out rushed, unpolished or barely changed, or in FM7’s case even missing features at launch.

1 Like

I made the switch to ps4 and GTS three months ago. Bought a used PS4-slim (only 1 month old) for the same amount as I sold my Xbox S. I have to say, that I miss the hoppers. The “daily races” are very limited, BUT everybody is getting better on these tracks through the week, so you get really clean races if you got a good Sportmansship Rating, which works 1000x better than the league system on Forza. The prublic Lobbies are all empty, but sometimes you find something good. Also I miss the crazy mix of cars in races. Although in GTS we get every month an update with new cars, so the car count is rising. And we got the last two months 2 new tracks. Goodwood Motor Circuit and Sardegna Road Circuit, which are fantastic. Forza needs desperatly new tracks. It is so refreshing to see everybody learning a new track and getting better. But the main reason I switched, is because of the polished feel of the game. GTS feels really sexy, really thought out. Like Forza 4 was. Even the livery creator is so much more refined. I really hope T10 makes a much more solid Forza 8 on the new xbox and maybe I will switch back again. I really wish that. There is so much potential. So I disagree. If they want to make a really good next iteration, they have to start now und work overtime. As sad as it seems, but you wouldn’t want a next FM8 which feels like a beta for FM9.

Btw: I came here, because I saw the news about FRR on GTPlanet. I knew it would take them sooo long. I said in january, that we wount see this until july

Doing new Motorsport is not hard at all. You can take M7 and improve it a bit. It’s pretty easy. PG has much harder job because of new map. New consoles are almost the same as current so no changes likes X360 to X1.

I agree with Gamepass. It’s useless for me because I prefer quality over quantity.

Game as a service is not for me too. If something have it, I’ll buy complete edition years after release.

Just an FYI, FM8 will NOT be the release title for the next Xbox. It was already announced that the new Halo will be.

More than one game can be a launch title for a console.

2 Likes

Not usually. And after the fiasco of FM5 I highly doubt T10 or MS are willing to risk that again! LOL

It’s completely normal to have 5 or more games.

What was bad with 5? I played it years after launch and the game looked great.

1 Like

It was a downgrade from FM4 by in large. Graphics and physics were the only improvements.

2 Likes

Won’t be the same jump as the 360 to the Xbox One. That was completely different a completely different architecture, coding and engine jump. This is more of a console refresh rather than a generation leap.

Has this actually been confirmed or are you just going off the fact that Halo was announced as a release title?

At E3 Dan was asked specifically if the next Forza release date would be tied to Project Scarlett and he did not rule it out: https://forums.forza.net/turn10_postsm1104172_News-on-the-next-Forza-project.aspx#post_1104172

But that’s not FM7 discussion, which is the topic of this thread.

1 Like

Well it’s great to hear they are going full on and it sounds like the next one will be completely fresh. I really hate there was zero tracks or an expansion. This could’ve had a great dlc. I guess there’s still very faint, many hail Mary’s hope that something will come in the final update as a last blast off. It sucks to know that there won’t be a new Forza until almost the beginning of 2021 (Holiday 2020) sigh

2 Likes

At this point, holding back any new track they probably would’ve had for FM7 to FM8 is the best idea imo

1 Like

A bit of an understatement. I left nearly a year and a half ago, if they want to give me credit for FM8 also, I’m not going to fuss :wink:

1 Like

That’s true. And I guess that makes sense if they wanna blow the doors off with 8 or whatever it’s called. It’s pretty much 2 years in now.

I think that’s what they’re trying to do. The post game support for Forza Motorsport 7 was excellent. The best of the franchise by far. It was the launch that killed it, not the post game development.

FM7 is now an incredibly strong foundation for Forza Motorsport 8. If they nail the launch, happy days.

3 Likes

I’ve tried really hard to believe this, but when you look at FM7 and the overall history of this franchise, this perception doesn’t add up. Obviously this is strictly my own opinion, but when you really look at the facts it doesn’t take long to see a regression from FM5 - FM6 - and now FM7. Car sounds, graphics fidelity, handling characteristics, in game lighting, AI opponents, all appear at their best in FM5 and have progressively regressed since. Gameplay features like adding AI in private Multiplayer lobbies went from max of 15 in FM5, down to like 5 or 6 in FM6, and now Zero in FM7.

I just cannot make the connection how FM7 could ever be a better foundation to build on, than FM4 was laying the ground work for FM5. Then take into account what was lost from FM4 to FM5. One could make the same argument FM5 was a strong foundation to build on when the Xbox One launched roughly 6 years ago, if they were new to the franchise and hadn’t played previous versions. That hypothetical player now having played all 3 available Motorsport games, would most likely scratch their heads and say what has improved.

Based upon reading older FM5 posts, its pretty clear that bugs from the 360 games carried right over into the X1 versions. So it was not built from scratch or the ground up. What we have now is just one giant piece of patched together game code and all the bugs wreaked havoc during the launch of FM7. Many still remain to this day in FM7. Even something that may seem trivial to some, but important to others like Drivatar Designs showing up in Free Play races do not work right up to this very day. Load up a private Multiplayer race in FM5 and fill it with 15 AI, and they actually work. This is the kind of things I am seeing that just boggle my mind.

I hope I am wrong, but honestly I don’t see FM8, if it in fact comes to fruition, being any different than FM5 was on the debut of Xbox 1. A BIG, BIG PUSH for graphic fidelity, lighting, and maybe some adjustments to handling characteristics. Most likely trimmed car roster and some lost tracks, with some new arrivals. Basically status quo, because lets face reality, this game has strayed pretty far from what it once was. More or less a graphics showcase for the next and newest generation console. It’s 2019 playing FM7, take a stroll into Pit Lane during a race and your greeted with giant black box covering the majority of the screen. That basically spells out where the priorities have fallen during the Xbox 1 development phase.

Agreed, post release support has been excellent. And remember, it shipped with the addition of Maple Valley, Suzuka, and Mugello. as well as dash cam for wheel users.

I think the August update will be huge. As usual, being terrible with names, I can’t remember those iof the participants n the last stream, but the interview-ee said it will consist of some things players have been asking for. So, hold out some hope. I mean, the recent update was rather tiny, and those guys were obviously wishing they could talk more about the August update.