So you think you've been lied to? Well, your not the only ones

So I’ve been watching a few videos for NFS Unbound (as it is in “pre-release”) and as it seems right now, EA pulled a fast one and did not include an on/off option for the cartoonish graphics while driving. It seems to have riled up the fan base a bit, as some fans of the series have stated they will not purchase due to this. EA and the Unbound team had specifically stated through the official twitter account that turning off the cartoony graphics will be an option.

Rest assured Horizon fans, it’s not just PGG that likes to “play games” with it’s fanbase. For those who preordered Unbound on the premise that this stuff could be turned off, they got you…hook…line…and sinker.

3 Likes

What difference do the people make to the racing.

2 Likes

Politics being injected into gaming is the anoyance.

4 Likes

Oddly enough I never watched a Fast/Furious movie and thought ‘I wish this had more white people’.

Doesn’t bother me in a game either.

7 Likes

Not even talking about the people. The cartoony graphics when you are driving around was the complaint.

Example:

2 Likes

FR?? Insane, idiotic. Worse than pants off dance off we get. Didn’t think that was possible

2 Likes

This looks like what might happen when you are trying to cover up something that you can’t quite get right…what other possible explanation could there be for such a ridiculous divergence?

1 Like

Gen Z? Cars go “brrrrrr”? Judging by the mixed reaction, your guess is as good as any. I will say those who are in the “NFS is everything” crowd absolutely love it… :man_shrugging:

I was replying to Zat_The_Alien’s complaint about lack of white people in it.

1 Like

I thought the whole game was gonna look cartoony and stylized… but realistic car model with cartoony ‘effects’ is a weird combo.

2 Likes

Yep, I agree. It’s like a bad ‘80s music video…

4 Likes

I feel like I’m too old for Need for Speed now. And I’m only 22.

3 Likes

As bad as it looks, NFS still has modifications we don’t have in Forza Horizon. Separate wheel upgrades/changes to front and rear, as well as proper body modifications. Though with that last one, I would say it depends on their taste in mods, as I’ve already seen a '69 Charger with a full back wagon roofline…

Precisely. Some of the stuff I seen in playthroughs just looks straight up cursed. I also can’t put my finger on whether or not the dialogue sucks, the voice acting sucks, or both. I also can’t tell if the dialogue in Unbound is better or worse than Horizon 5’s.

I think that the overal game graphics are pretty good, not the stupid cartoon effects though.I find the night time lighting in the game really good, it is far better than Horizon.

1 Like

no cockpitcam, no clutch, handbrake and shifter not working
only basic wheelsupport with no wheelsettings anywhere in menus

a 2022 trippleA cargame?.. ridiculous

2 Likes

The twitter account did say the effects can be turned off and then later claryfied that basic tyre smoke and light trails only cant be disabled.

The effects arent half as bad as initially i thought but for me there are other things that steer me away from buying this game. At least now that ive seen some gameplay

But there is one choice for color that is grey and a little subdued when compared to the other more colorful options.

I thought it couldn’t get worse…No cockpit cam, no support for H pattern gearshift…

1 Like

not defending what they did, but you can change the camera to hood/bumper so you can’t see the anime effects. no help for the stupic comic book characters though. i played it a little bit yesterday (yes i preordered) and tbh i wasn’t very impressed. in my short play time i have already concluded that Heat was a better game.