Skills in free roam and racing

I’ve been trying to list skills in Forza Horizon 5, as noted elsewhere, and I’ve used posts from some others and a couple of official posts (the most recent pre-dates Horizon 5).

There are two groups, Skills and Stunts (yellow box). I’ve separated out stunt skills that are basically enhanced wreckage skills as there are quite a few.

This is not complete. It is intended to cover free roam but also has some racing skills. There are other skills; Hot Wheels has extra things, unsure about Rally Adventure and some wreckage Stunts are not in free roam but appear in other modes. I’ll try and add in when I can and edit the top posts.

3 Likes

Skills - with one exception these come in four flavours, basic, Great, Awesome and Ultimate

Air - four wheels off the ground and land safely
Burnout - wheelspin without moving very much (easiest on tarmac)
Clean Racing (R) - no bumps while racing
Drafting (R) - drive behind while racing
Drift - car is sideways when moving forward
E-Drift - use handbrake to do a drift
J Turn - turn while reversing to carry on
Near Miss (FR) - pass another car while close to it
One Eighty - turn and head back whence you came
Pass (R) - overtake another car while close to it
Speed - drive quickly for some distance
Trading Paint - slight contact while passing another car (only has basic level)
Two Wheels - drive a distance with one side of the car off the ground
Wreckage - drive through something that can be smashed

5 Likes

Stunts (combos)

Airborne Pass (R) - Air and Pass
Awesome Skill Chain - 10k skill points before multiplier
Barrel Roll - rotate at least 270 degrees while in the air
Clean Start (R) - no bumps in the first bit of a race
Crash Landing - Air and Wreckage at the same time
Daredevil (FR) - three Near Miss in quick succession
Drift Tap - rear wing taps a wall in a drift
Ebisu Style - land from a Great Air into a Great Drift (or better versions)
Great Skill Chain - 5k skills points before multiplier
Hard Charger - from stationary, Burnout then Speed without braking
Kangaroo - three Air in quick succession
Lucky Escape (FR) - Drift and Near Miss at the same time
Showoff (R) - Drift and Pass at the same time
Sideswipe - Drift and Wreck at the same time
Slingshot (R) - Draft then Pass in quick succession
Stuntman (FR) - Air and Near Miss at the same time
Threading the Needle (FR) - Near Miss on each side of the car in quick succession
Triple Pass (R) - three Pass in quick succession
Ultimate Skill Chain - 20k skill points before multiplier
Wrecking Ball - Wreck (different objects) in quick succession

5 Likes

Wreckage-Stunts (these are the free roam ones, main map)

Ant Food - picnic table
Basurero - dustbin (various kinds)
Bonus Barrel - oil drum
Cart Wheels - food stall
Feat of Clay - plant pot
Fruit Salad - weird one - Speed Zone camera post, blue rope-containing bag
Give it Charge - solar panel
Goooaaalll!!! - football
Keep it Up - beach ball
Landscaping - fence or fence post
Lumberjack - lump of wood
Road Open - small post with red/black diagonal striped sign
Skillboard - advertising hoarding
Smactus - cactus (the stereotypical one)
Spike! - volleyball
Throwing Shade - parasol
Wrong Number - telephone

5 Likes

placeholder

Hot Wheels
Corkscrew
G-Forza
Speed Boost
extra Hot Wheels level for skills?

mode-specific?
pinatas - arcade

wreckage-stunt skills I just noticed
¡Pop!
Confetti Cannon
Oh No!
Snowman

1 Like

giphy

if you are asking why am I bothering with this, it’s because it’s a subject that comes up periodically in Forza games and there isn’t a definitive guide from PG-T10

for example, this serves as a basis for then determining EXACTLY what is meant by a given skill because sometimes they’re needed for in-game tasks such as Arcade or daily Forzathon tasks

3 Likes

I for one find this very helpful and I appreciate your effort. Most stuff you pick up sooner or lauter, but for new players such a guide is pretty useful.
I never really knew what exactly a wrecking Ball meant, I thought you had to swing your boot around like a wrecking Ball… I mostly just messed up stuff until I got it when needed.

And sorry if I overlooked it - But isn’t there a skill for smashing several (like 4 or 5…?) pinatas in quick succession… - like smashing streak or kill streak or something?

1 Like

thanks for that!

the pinata ones - that’s a mode-specific thing, I think, so I didn’t include it

not that it is not worth including, it is, but I’ve not tried to list everything

alright, gotcha :wink:

And sorry to bother you once more, but how about these two, I went out to check because I wasn’t sure if they were real or if I dreamt it some night xD

Knocking over one of those vendor carts, one of my favorite =)

Knocking over an umbrella

they’re in my list, cart wheels for a food stall and throwing shade for a parasol

yeah, wrecking ball is hard to figure out exactly because it needs to be done really quickly as far as I can tell, so it’s extremely hard to figure out what does in fact cause it

I’ve read that it involves getting Wreckage skills in quick succession, maybe 11 of them, and also that there’s a cool-down on a type of Wreckage, so if you smash a cactus and get a Wreckage skill you can’t get another one from a cactus for a time

all that, though, has not helped me work out how to do it - I suppose setting up Event Labs with all things in a row might be the way to go

1 Like

I know whenever Wrecking Ball comes up in a playlist task, I just bash the hell out of everything until it inevitably pops up at some point. Even going back to FH4 I haven’t been able to nail down exactly why it triggers.

3 wreckage in the same skill chain (allegedly)

1 Like

well, maybe something in that but it doesn’t happen after an “awesome wreckage” which HAS to be at least three broken things, sure I read 11 somewhere

think I might tinker with event lab for the first time and see if I can determine anything, about the only way to control the smashables . . . that island should be good for that, or a runway

I think BSV is onto something as I thought the same before getting to his post, 3 wreckage skills in 15 seconds as in 3 separate instances of wreckage skills rather than great/awesome/ultimate which are just continuations of a single one.

could well be something like that, yes, but if there’s a cool-down on wrecking a specific type of object then wouldn’t that mean great etc are not from multiple wrecks of the same type? from there we need multiple wrecks of different types which takes us back, or around, or something!

not arguing, just trying to explain what’s in my head around this situation

we have:

wreck a plain object
wreck a stunt object

wreck multiple plain objects of the same type
wreck multiple stunt objects of the same type

wreck multiple different plain objects
wreck multiple different stunt objects

wreck multiple different objects of all kinds

number of smashes

time to do the smashes

just trying to lay things out in a logical way, not saying that’s the best way or the only way or that it’s complete or that it makes sense!

it IS half past two right now . . .

1 Like

I remember it being the 9th wreckage skill, but it does work across skill chains if they’re in succession. It’s probably worth some testing. Wreckage skills are inconsistent from the user experience to begin with.

extra thing - the only official posts are from @T10ManteoMax after horizon or horizon 2 and then from a n other after horizon 4 I think but that didn’t cover exactly what was needed

T10MM’s post showed uncertainty about quite a few (not having a go, not like I know!)

these things do seem inconsistent but I think that might be a function of the cool-down - or they might actually be inconsistent, which would only be slightly surprising

2 Likes