Since when did the ABCS lobbies become the place for leaderboard cars?

The weakness of these leaderboard car drivers is that they always run with race lines. so, if you want to be competitive with them create your own lobby and force the line assist off. they won’t be runnin top 100 lap times anymore. or if your interested join a league like mine where we force line assists off and eliminate leaderboard cars by making everyone join a common race club. check out our site if your interested. http://motorhorseracing.webs.com/

that is not always so, I ran with the line for all of Forza 3 & for a little bit of Forza 4 but I have since turned it off & did I have to adjust to not having those braking markers, sue I did but I am just as fast now if not maybe faster on some tracks out it.

but the bottom line is the suggested line is just that a suggestion & is way off at spots so that does not make the car brake or handle any better. the line does not make those guys top 100 drivers their skills do.
I did alot of runs on Road Atlanta short & came close to top 100 by racing against a friends ghost in the same car & tune. btw had the suggested line off.
those guys have run tons of laps to get every turn near as perfect as humanly possible in cars tuned to perform for that type of circuit or in some cases for that track.

biggest thing is some cars do perform better then others, prime example is the Mazda 787b. I got a code for early access to that dlc car pack & posted in the top 100 with that car.
why is that a big deal? cause #1 that was in R1 #2 not that great in those cars #3 that was my only top 100 time ever & has since been pushed down.

The only assist I use is ABS, sometimes…some cars.

Plenty of top 100 times.

Some people think the way to play the game is to wreck other cars and take shortcuts. Their money, their game, I guess. Maybe I should start playing that way too? Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.

My point was, people with leaderboard cars had a place to race, and people who didn’t want to run leaderboard cars had a place to race. And now, people who had a tough time finishing in the top five in the leaderboard lobbies, have taken over the ABCS lobbies in an attempt to bump up their win totals.

Where’s these “leaderboard” lobbies? If your referring to the general class hoppers, there’s plenty of people using them with the same complaint.

wrecking cars is a form of trolling, and makes the offender liable to a ban.

racing a leaderboard car, so long as it fits the class restriction, is the easiest way to get a win. So people will do it.

the place for those like yourself, who don’t want to be beaten/race against LB cars, is the UCLs.

For me, I don’t care if someone uses LB car in any lobby. I have and will run whatever car I feel like. It doesn’t matter where I finish, sure I want to win, but I know there are people who are a lot faster than me. It doesn’t matter if they are are in the LB car or the same car, same tune as me. So the complaint about LB cars in “public” lobbies in an invalid complaint. Also, some people need to run LB cars to be competitive with the lobby, so don’t automatically assume that they are a world beater and DNF you. Let them play it out and see what kind of driver they are, you never know who is on the other end.

And ABS’S is my favorite lobby to play.

Sure it’s frowned upon to use leaderboard cars in public lobbies, but isn’t it that much more satisfying when you beat them in the car you worked on? My favorites are the Honda Prelude for B class, Lancia Stratos for A class, and either my Ascari, 911 Sport Classic, or McLaren F1 GT for S class. Those cars are hard to beat in the right hands.

Leader board cars don’t work so well in public lobbies. When made correctly, they really shouldn’t handle any better than they have to. That being said, when it comes time to pass and turn, these cars are at a disadvantage. When running any line but the best, these cars are no better than your average hunk o’ junk. Use this to your advantage.

This is completely untrue. Leaderboard cars are called exactly that because they are the best in their respective class at either cornering or speed on tracks that demand one or the other. If you’re on Infineon in B class with an Elise '05, you can run horrible lines and still rip around people. If you run a Joss at Sebring in R2 you won’t get touched on the straights, and you can easily haul past anyone who beats you in the corners and keep you behind them long enough to reel out massive leads on every straight. Granted, there are people who can’t drive leaderboard cars quickly in lobbies, but every single one of them would be going even slower in a different car.

theres no problem with running LB cars. I just don’t see the fun in taking off, passing all the other cars on the grid and then running hot laps. I guess if that what floats ur boat then… whatever. I don’t care. The most fun u will have though is when your in traffic goin 2 or 3 wide into corners and running a good clean COMPETITIVE race. Thats why I recommend LB car users to take all assists off to take some time off there laps. Also, its one thing to put your hard work and effort into a top 500 car that YOU created then race it in lobbies. its another to be in a car club or buy a tune and always race it with it. Everytime I see a guy in the field who is leading by like 10 seconds I’m just like “why would you want to do that.” If I’m in a terrible lobby with slow players I’ll race stock just so I can race with the field. I mean I guess its just personal taste…maybe. I get a kick out of really close, clean racing, slipstreaming like 6 inches behind other drivers, taking different lines through turns to pass guys. I guess what I’m saying is I absolutely do not care if you run a LB car. But, I absolutely do not understand why u would want to race with one if your dominating the field.

1 Like

Excellent post. I also love it when the field is close and everyone is doing their best to race clean. Yesterday we had a few races like that in A class. Everyone was 5 seconds off of the leader, we all finished, and I don’t recall any real terrible racing. Maybe a little bumping, but it seemed OK. I think it was at Indy. And a couple of other races were like that.

One thing I’d like to also point out is: Yes, driving skill makes the biggest difference in speed. But as I build different cars and test and such, and am learning, there is definitely a difference in cars. I think it’s just more than my style or lack of experience. Like I just built up an 05 Mustang for A class and I swear I’m knocking 3 seconds or more off of laps of my best times with other cars I had built up. I had a tenancy to lean towards the older cars and now I’m trying to go newer. My point is, a car can help you be faster. But I understand racerfinks frustration too. It’s just like driving on the real roads. You get some nice people and then you get some idiots. And even the nice people make mistakes sometimes so they look like idiots. LOL. I know I have. I try not to, but it happens.