Silverstone Raceway in Rain - Fun or Maddening?

The 3D puddles are still new and kinda fun but I think the novelty will run off quite fast as well and people will prefer to race on dry surfaces. I’m already glad there is not too much rain racing in the career mode so far.

As far as realism goes, I think they made the tracks a bit too wet and the puddles a bit TOO big. Like someone said in another thread, if tracks are this wet, they are probably closed for racing too.

The only track that I very much dislike in the rain is the Nurburgring GP Circuit. It’s maddening in all of the hairpins.

I vote fun.

When do the Seattle fantasy road courses join the game? They’ll be rain and night only right - no dry day racing? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t understand the no rewind argument either - it’s not available online, and I understand turning it off for Rivals but on solo career? Really? I’d rather rewind than go through all the menus and laoding to pause, quit, reload, restart, try again, screw up and repeat when I can simply “restart” the last couple of corners without all that hassle.

Not having rewind on does at least keep you from developing a dependence for the assist for when you go online or play another racing title.

Fun fun fun, i’m lovin it.
Today i played top gear track in the rain.
I love the wet tracks

I’m enjoying the wet tracks, my only concern would be as they are “canned” after a while you won’t notice. You will just adjust your lines to avoid the puddles like you would a tyre stack or sticky grass and the difficulty is gone unless you are overtaking off line or pushing harder than normal.

Just thought I’d drop this off here as it seemed most appropriate:

I don’t know how to make it bigger though.

1 Like

Wow, thought I had it bad sitting in my living room. Open car the rain, getting that all in the face! That dude managed his skid though the wet grass amazingly well!

He’s also using wet tyres. Improves grip in the wet/rain.

I am noticing the AI has significant difficulty on Silverston in the rain. I’ve been racing in an S-800 car in free play, which means half the field is low R class. While normally I manage to podium or win by a couple seconds. In the rain on Silverston I run about 10 seconds a lap faster than they do.

Maybe it’s because Silverston is one of those tracks I absolutely love. I have done time trials and rivals for hours at a time trying to better my times with various cars. And I’ve found I tend do my best against the AI on tracks that have been in the FM franchise for at least a few games. It could also be that a S class car doesn’t have racing slicks, and R class cars do. And while I have not tested it to confirm if the game calculates it this way, but in wet conditions racing slicks will not provide more grip. You would actually be at a disadvantage compared to somebody using tires designed to channel water at all. So compared to dry conditions I should have a significant grip advantage.

On a slightly different note its great to see some sunshine at Silverstone too. I always felt that in previous forzas that it was a case of: “Britain=Bad weather”.

The track is vastly improved in its background detail. It was my least favourite track in 5 as i often felt i was going around in circles in the middle of a field.