Series 9 content update and PG / Forza Monthly livestreams - May 7

LIVESTREAM REPLAYS

Series 9 Update from Playground Games:

Redirecting...
Twitch

Forza Monthly with Jon Knoles:

www.forzamotorsport.ne/news/wir_5_3_19

RELEASE NOTES

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360022749713-FH4-Release-Notes-May-7th-2019

Hopefully they continue the trend of porting great cars from FM7 to FH4 and show off expansion 2.

Series 9 car additions:

• New to Forza: Apollo IE, Morris Traveller, Mini JCW Convertible, Mini Countryman’19, Mini JCW Buggy
  • Returning to Forza: Buick GSX, Maserati MC12 Corsa

Custom Adventure options:

• Racing Series
  • Car Class (not all classes available due to matchmaking pool sizes)
  • Free Roam Rush (On/Off)
  • Collisions (On/Off)

Wallriding Fix:

• Online only, and not applied to trees etc.
  • The amount of slowdown you get is related to the speed difference and advantage gained.
  • Contact before impact is detected with ghosting to avoid griefing.

Horizon Story: The Car Files:

• This Story is included as a portion of the Monthly section of the Festival Playlist (proportional percentage)
  • This is a Business, so it earns ongoing CR income.
  • The theme of the story is insurance investigations.
  • “Getting 3 stars from each of these chapters will require you to think out of the box.”

Audio capture obstacles:

• Logistics - need to organize getting the car to a locally rented airstrip during work hours.
  • At most they can capture 10 cars per day
  • Recording can really only be done in warm weather six months out of the year
  • Rain/spray interferes with audio capture
  • Mics cover exhaust, engine, internals, passenger side
  • WAV to granular synthesis uses frequencies
  • Agera volume fixed

Other:

• Work continues on bodykits
  • Selling cars from Wheelspins being reviewed
  • PG is aware of the interest in Class-based Rivals

RetroKrystal’s summary:

4 Likes

Think you forgot one:
2006 Maserati MC12 Corsa is also a reward this month.

1 Like

Jonk you were 100% right when you said the dirty players will be in for a surprise. Hopefully i’ll see in some lobbies after this goes live

1 Like

A lot of good stuff for Series 9 and proof that they do listen to the community (thank you PG):

They just showed the wall riding fix, and the video clips they used to demonstrate it didn’t show a single instance of wall riding. They really don’t even know what wall riding is. Unbelievable.

1 Like

Lots of complaints addressed. New round of them inbound

1 Like

Something tells me rammers, particularly those who missed the stream, are in for a surprise.

3 Likes

Might be a nice surprise. If the ghosting is only triggered before heavy impacts you can stay right behind another car and hump it until it affects the driver enough for him to make a mistake so that you can overtake, and then he can’t pay you back slamming you into a wall. Also this may be a blockers paradise too, if they are able to block you by gently initiating contact, and then you can’t ram them in the next race to return the favor.

New Mini: good!
Apollo IE: great!
New Engine Sound: great!
Wallrider fix: awesome!
Add more challenges to Festival Playlist: …meh.

With Series 8 getting the car relatively easy, I thought that they “improve” the infamous Festival Playlist based on feedback from the community.
But they locked Apollo IE behind coop and added Horizon Stories to the Festival Playlist. Yeah. More challenging. Troublesome coop.

I’m a big fan of the Forza series and I love FH4, but I’m tired with the Festival Playlist. Clearly I hate this system.
I will pay for cars. Is it $10? Is it $20? Please return the car pack.
I don’t want to be forced to take a hassle challenge to get my favorite car, and I’m tired of having only one car after getting that challenge.

2 Likes

The wallride fix looks good to me! I wont know for sure until I try it but at least now I can stop skipping road lobbies. I’ll play in them all. No wallriding and smart ghosting when it comes to passing will be superb. I hadnt been playing much the last couple weeks but this might get me back consistently for a while

Smart ghosting system looks pretty good, but will see how wallriding will work because that they didint really show on stream, you get slow down when hitting wall but will that work when you actually try to wallride.

I thought I saw a small clip where those trying to block you when you’re the quicker car, you will ghost through them as a way to keep them from blocking or slowing down your pace. That will be a HUGE help to those of us who try to be clean. The other thing that will be a massive help is you’ll ghost through collisions that dont directly involve you. How cool is that?? happy dance

2 Likes

Ghosting will be extremely helpful in online races, like S2 trials cough Koeniggsegg cough, when people can’t handle the cars and end up ramming, intentional or otherwise, people off the track.

2 Likes

I wanted that Apollo car, but I don’t use Gold.

2 Likes

Yep. That’s a shame, I’m on PC but couldn’t be bothered with multiplayer stuff most of the time.

1 Like

Yeah, I was interested in the Apollo, but multiplayer? Hard pass.

1 Like

No info on the next expansion.

And like someone said why arent all these cars available for purchase. Some one can win a z8, but it up for auction for in game currency. But y’all don’t want to sell it for $3. I Bought the car pass and wound up downloading around 2 of the cars a month. Now that the car pass is over they make the bmw z8, mb eclass, mb 180… all prize cars. What about ultimate edition owners. I play horizon maybe 3 hours a week now a days so I miss all of these…

the game is amazing with a g920 regardless. Thx

1 Like

They stated last week that there would be no information on the expansion.

BMW Z4, X-class, etc are all free content. Ultimate Edition owners, with the exception of the upcoming expansion, have gotten everything they paid for and as advertised, all other content from this point on is either going to be free or paid DLC.

3 hours a week is more than enough time to earn most of the prize cars. I reached 50% on the playlist in less than 2.

Either way someone will complain. They offer the cars for free people complain they have to work for it and can’t just get them in their garage. They make people pay for them and people will complain that they have to pay for them even though they have the Car Pass.

5 Likes