Series 7 Update preview & #ForzaMonthly livestreams - March 8

Friday, March 8

10am Pacific (6pm GMT): Series 7 Update livestream from Playground Games
11am Pacific (7pm GMT): #ForzaMonthly livestream from Turn 10

News - Forza

image: Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s drift Mustang which was at Goodwood last year.

FH4 Release Notes: March 12th, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360019472074-FH4-Release-Notes-March-12th-2019

2 Likes

Just a head’s up, that’s Vaughn Gittin Jr’s Mustang, Max.

Oh No. Not More Formula Drift. Please NO! I cannot Stand Drifting in Games, it goes completely and totally against My Driving Style (Which is Hardcore Grip) and I Really do not enjoy it at all, why do you think I only have the first Event of (Yuck!) “Drift Club” completed and just got the Boss 302 on the Auction House?

I don’t mind the FD Mustang if its Part of , Say, a Potential “Gittin Jr” Car Pack along with Say, the F150 RTR Ultimate Funhaver, “Brocky” the Ultra 4 Ford Bronco, the Canadian Tires NASCAR Series Ford Fusion RTR, an RTR Mustang Road Car, and Maybe the classic '69 RTR-X if Evil Alliance (Fans of NOLF 2 will get that Reference!) are willing to Sub Licence it… but that’s about it! I really Do Not want to see another Formula Drift Car Pack, as I Really do not like the Drifting in this Game :frowning:

Why can’t we have some Proper GT3/GTE/GTLM Type Racing Cars again like we had in FH3? those are the Kind of Racing Cars I would like to See! Not more Formula Drift…things!

8 Likes

Enough drift cars. Enough Hoonigan. Jesus… Is this Forza Hoonigan 4 I’m playing?

13 Likes

Doesn’t just need to be supercars. I’ll take normal everyday cars too. The Z and Prelude are good. “Boring” sedans are fine too just real production vehicles or racing vehicles from some other league.

I actually don’t mind this because I’m not a fan of drifting but it forces me to do it and get better at it. If I don’t want to then just won’t do the seasonal and get the wheelspin. A thing I like about weekly challenges and seasonals is they force me to use game modes and cars that I wouldn’t otherwise use like the '69 Camaro. Or the seasonals will narrow down classes and then I’ll try to use and tune a car I haven’t used yet. I don’t do much MP so playground games had not touched until they became seasonals. They have been a fun diversion.

4 Likes

Sure, I do love the normal sedans and, maybe wagons, as well. However Forza Horizon 4 is lack of some key sports cars/supercars from the get-go, say, 488 Pista/Huracan Performante/McLaren 675LT. They have been out for years and frankly, FH4 is a car-oriented game and it is about speed, right?

FH is about cars in general - not just the newest supercars. While I agree that they went a little too far with the countless Hoonigan/Gymkhana cars which are barely more than a livery swap, there are people who like them. And that’s perfectly fine. The same goes for drift cars. I couldn’t care less about them but the game isn’t tailored specific to my liking and neither has to.

I’ve been “asking” for exotic retro sports/supercars for ages without much success. What would I give for 90’s TVR like the Griffith or Cerbera, Lister Storm V12, Ford GT90, Dodge Copperhead, Vector W8 or M12, Cizeta V16T (optically very similiar to the Diablo but with a V16 engine!), Spyker C8, VW Nardó W12 or my beloved Venturis (400GT and 300 atlantique).

Everyone has their own desires & wishes and it’s impossible to please everyone’s. I’ve been waiting since Gran Turismo 2 for a return of a Venturi - 20 years without success :frowning:

3 Likes

Venturi… Yeah I miss thst as well.

The game is lacking way more non-supercars than supercars. There’s not a single kei car in it, for example. Who said FH4 is about speed?

3 Likes

More drifting crap. Good thing, now I know what to expect from the next expansion, another drift island. Gonna be saving some money I guess.
Might wanna look outsideof bubble world before all your players quit.

5 Likes

I dont like em either, but there has been a decent rotation. Drifting is also pretty huge and active part of forza right now. Honestly? It would be bad business to neglect. I dont like drifting or the drift cars, but have sorta put together my own style and now kinda enjoy it. Going for speed in drifting vs show and angle.

But one thing I do stress and hope the forza staff understand, this really will be the monthly stream than can mend or really burn the bridges with the horizon community. It will be important to while presenting, ensure you can share what horizons is to you, and discuss more things would like to change and update. Your vision for Horizon 4 as year progresses.

Not sure that drifting is really a ‘huge and active part of Forza’. Sure there are lots of people that enjoy drifting … I won’t question that. But I am a member of several fairly large Discord communities all with hundreds of members. Drifting is rarely mentioned or discussed or an in-demand thing to do in any of those communities.

4 Likes

+1

no more drift cars, PLEASE STOP!

i really don’t understand why PG keep insisting on this crap and irritating majority players fanbase, look at whishlist thread, nobody asking for them period!

formula drift was the worst DLC of all time in forza’s history, EVER, pure garbage nosense cars

if you want a car to drift, just use a modified tuning for purpose, but add stock cars instead

all stars pack from FH3 was a real useful pack, even for online MP

5 Likes

I would love to see more of the All Star pack type cars. I love IMSA and WEC and would love to see more in FH4…hell I’d love to see more in FM7…they have a good selection there but so many more they could add.

5 Likes

Danger sarcasm!

But… but the kids want it!
Like they want terrible dressed dancing avatars!
Drifting is so cooooool!

Meh… more drivable cars pls.
If i want to drift i just put in rwd and a bunch of HP thats it… no need for special cars.

4 Likes

I enjoy drifting and the Formula Drift cars do it exceptionally well… but I agree, I’d rather have more basic cars that can be modified for the job. We don’t need yet another variation of Mustang that is pre-modified to do only one thing. I’d love to have a base, non-M E30 rather than the Formula Drift version with cut up body panels. It’s more fun to make it mine on my own than to buy someone else’s version of it.

2 Likes

No more hoonigan/drift junk please, we need actual new cars (not recycled content from previous games).

7 Likes

Jesus christ, it’s been half a day since I visited this thread, and most of the replies here resemble kids stamping their feet because their parents didn’t get them the toys they wanted.

Some of this Forza Community never fails to impress.

It’s a fairly active part of Forza. There are many Discord communities out there that consist of drifters. I’m always seeing numerous people chuck skids up and down the Fortune Island switchback.

4 Likes

Yeah, but how many players in game. Also am sure between those communities their is common overlap of the same people. I just go by what I observe in game. I see a lot of people using hoon and formula drift cars and drifting all over. More likely to see somebody drifting than speeding down the highway. I am betting if the analytics were checked, drifting is not a chunk of populous to be ignored.

Edit: Numbers we do have, More drifting discussions than club or racer lounges.

Drift cars are useless in Forza Horizon outside of drift zones. They’re bad to race with and even worse to cruise in.

In Forza Motorsport, drifting is still niche. There’s races with buggies in the career mode, but not drifting. Vast majority of Rivals events/Leagues/hoppers are road racing. Yet T10 keeps forcing people to run drift events to fulfill Forzathon requirements.

I do not understand this direction from the Forza franchise.

I’ve seen this but I suspect it has more to do with there being less lobbies allocated to the expansion, which jumbles people together.

Casual players hunting for achievements also tend to be far less skilled at drifting and don’t seem as interested in it as they are in racing, cruising and earning achievements.

1 Like