Safety car

Add safety car when an accident happens for more realism.

I’d vote yes but only in high skill level endurance races, and only with full sim damage or vs AI. In a short race, an accident will be happening every 30 seconds and seeing as cars recover within 15 seconds there’s no point to do a lap under safety car. I think single and double yellows make more sense.

5 Likes

Of course, this feature is optional. You’ll be able to activate it via race setup menu.

4 Likes

Or have trackside Marshalls waving yellow flags

Safety Car really wouldn’t get used if it were an option because it’s over before you know it.

Maybe a Safety Car for rolling starts but it’s just more resources that really doesn’t do much.

If there was a complete damage model where the A.I Cars can get terminal damage with parts that fall off and the vehicle needs to be recovered in endurance races it would work but that’s about it

1 Like

Already voted for race flags.

1 Like

With the introduction of long/endurance races, this has become much more relevant.

I think it’s significantly more needed now than ever to bunch the field up.

3 Likes

Maybe for private multiplayer only but if damage simulation is on and event of crash you will have slow moving cars as they try to navigate to the pits. Is it possible to have either a safety car or a system in which limits everyone to safety car speed until incident is cleared?
With this also include yellow/double yellow flags

1 Like

Thoughts on a pace car and cautions for nascar style races? If we get lucky enough to bring nascar to forza what’s the possibility of having cautions laps , caution flags and pace cars? Us users who league race, this would be a big hit.

Hi.
Not just nascar, but also other racing events like F1 as well.

1 Like

Maybe they could let us drive manually during cautions like they do in iracing. Or if ai controlled have more side to side movement to keep the heat in the tires? Just an idea.

1 Like

This has no place in featured multiplayer as it would get abused by people at the back of the pack. In private multiplayer you can just do this manually. We run multiple series a week that feature safety cars/cautions and never once have we had an issue. There are a million other ways the devs could better spend the finite amount of time they have improving the game.