Rivals Challenge - FH5 Edition

Congrats to Bedlam,pretty sure that has to be the fastest legit time on leaderboard. The BajaBS isn’t fast enough to beat that time is it?

Yep, he’s on the official WR list :clap::

Tempted to try and run that down now :joy:.

Tried a bunch of cars out before settling on the Ascari, took me many tries + cursing at my own knack of messing up every time I was on a good run but got it below 41 seconds, 40.991, I set multiple dirty laps around .1 secs faster though so I’ll be trying to get around there.

Feels good to be up for doing this again, no 6 races of awkward near silence to drain my enthusiasm every week anymore.

1 Like

I just can’t get the second last corner right. The only time I do get it I’ve already dirtied the lap on the left hander with the stones on the inside.

I’ve done the same tonight,been fun apart from the Singer,which was a bit of a disappointment.
Best times i’ve managed so far
Singer 43.6
911 turbo 43.0
Ford gt 42.5
Accura 42.5 - feel there’s more here,but can’t keep it clean
570s 42.2
Noble & Huracan 610 41.8 ,Noble has quite a bit more in it.

After a full shutdown of the XSX friends are reappearing on the Rivals and other leaderboards again.

my tests
McLaren 650S Spider 2014 K1Z Bard S1 ROAD 00:42,04
Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 2014 Rexazr 60/110 00:42,05
Audi R8 V10 Plus 2016 HLundh Race 00:42,53
Ferrari F8 Tributo 2020 Nalak28 AWD ROAD 00:42,88
Saleen S1 2018 S1 TopTierRamen BALANCED 2.0 00:42,10
Saleen S1 2018 S1 K1Z Bard Road 00:41,91
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Copue 2020 ThankfulBard261 S1 ROAD V1.6 00:42,33
Noble M600 2010 K1Z Bard Purist 55.4 HMC 00:41,83
ATS GT 2018 ESV mars FULL AERO RV12 00:43,25

I should have put my tunes in too …
Singer 43.6 Rayne - he has mentioned the car is poor due to c+p from fh4
911 turbo 43.0 OnlyNaps
Ford gt 42.5 JumpyArdvark
Accura 42.5 OnlyNaps - feel there’s more here,but can’t keep it clean
570s 42.2 Bedlam (a tune he did for a different track)
Noble & Huracan 610 41.8 ,Noble has quite a bit more in it,Huracan is ‘easy’ . Both K1Z Bard

Spent a good 30 mins chasing pent’s ghost and couldn’t get that penultimate corner right until I finally did. 41.458 in the Hurican

2 Likes

Don’t have exact times but tried the Nissans + some Ferrari’s yesterday and they were all disappointing, the Ferrari’s in particular feel very stiff in corners.

The Ford GT was a lovely car to drive but unfortunately the tune I had on lacked the power for this track, I set my 1st time in the 570S which was pretty good, improved in the Noble then settled on the Ascari.

As has been said already that penultimate corner is the killer, feels like you can do the same thing but get completely different results almost every time, sometimes the car grips and you can take the inside line + find that gap between the barriers, other times it won’t and off you go into the wall.

And the penultimate corner has a huge impact on the next lap. Take it just a little off and your initial speed next lap is slower.

Typically one of the most balanced car categories and the early tests seem to confirm this.
Singer, Acura and the ATS will be the bogey cars with awful cornering grip.
ATS really got the nerf stick after being very close to meta in Horizon 4.

Started with the odd choice CX-75 which I just love but hit a barrier around 40.8/9.

Bodykit Huracan or C8 should easily beat this.

1 Like

This week a slightly different approach. I will drive a number of laps in the Noble getting to know the track and trying to figure out what car to use for real. The Noble is again unassisted exact for the braking only line and self tuned/upgraded. First clean lap was in 46.580. enough to win even with this car.

Same car for now. When I started rivalling a few hours ago I just took it as is from my garage. It was upgraded and S900, not tuned. Not spend any time on it whatsoever. I swapped the engine which did not change the PI at all, but within 5 laps I was 2.27 secs faster. Remarkable difference in handling it feels ‘more stable ‘. Still room for improvement even with this setup. I definitely should be able to get it below 44. Quitting for today @AngelGeek was mentioned as my next rival but that can easily be different when returning to the scene tomorrow.

1 Like

currently making some significant progress

2 Likes

Good job beating yourself by 0.000 seconds.

Have been having a blast in Grandma Drivings’ Ascari tonight.Its not the fastest,and he calls it ‘disapointing’ ,but it’s a lovely thing to drive with wheel and pedals. Sounds sublime too,which is a real bonus after all the silent E bilge we’ve been subjected to of late. Which reminds me ,i need to log in to fh4 and fire up my 33 Stradale,maybe even a tunnel run :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jezza14 mind sharing the tune for the Noble you went with ?

It’s Nalak’s. Will probably do a .1 or .2 but I couldn’t quite get it right last night.

My best ride in Saleen S1 2018 41:266

I was wondering how your lotus time would stand up, that car looks very good going around corners.