Rivals Challenge - FH5 Edition

Trust me… nor am i my friend haha, my normal target is to get within 10 sec of Jezza but maybe I should aim for 15 sec :rofl: but it’s your ghost I race with most of the time.

My new time now is 2.35.822 in the M8

I have no time for any gaming for a day or two so no improvement during that period.
The Jag has enough speed but in its current tune doesn’t handle well in corners (understeer). Breaks lock up easily as well.

Sitting at 2:06.009 in the '69 Z.
Can hold the lead over snosaes til the finish straight where his build just flies.
Certainly doable but haven’t had the skill to nail the key corner - the double apex left with bumps.

Will share my build tomorrow after trying to make it more stable over the bumps.

Build is up but it has no chance against Bedlams V8 Capri.

4 Likes

I tried the Jag last night and got down to 2.32.319 (own tune as always) some tidying up to do so more’s possible.

Could only manage 3 go’s but 2:23.443 in the AMG GT-R.

I’m still not able to have it go through corners consistently. Had a couple of runs a few hours ago but did not have the time to review the setup. I hope to have some time the next couple of days Not sure what to start with

I guess I’m done with this. I really do not like this track. Tired of barely brushing walls over and over and getting a dirty lap. I do not know what it is with the walls in this game. I just cannot avoid them, there is no breathing room. I don’t have this trouble in Motorsport. I can’t control yours or Bedlams and I’m doing something really wrong in the BMW. Tires just non stop spinning I really don’t know how you are doing that.

It’s all about throttle control. Off the top of my head, I can only think of 3 or 4 spots in the track where I was at full throttle. Everywhere else I was controlling throttle mostly by muscle memory or sound: if I heard the wheels screech or the engine revving up faster than it should, I backed off a bit. For me at least, if I saw/felt the rear slip, too much time was already lost. (edit: also in my tune, you never want to shift down below 3rd)

If someone really wants to try a powerbuild here, they could start with TCS on, but honestly driving powerbuilds is not a very important skill for most to have in this game especially as it is not good etiquette to use them online in public lobbies. But I did find this an interesting exercise in practicing throttle control which is a good skill to have in general.

I don’t like powerbuilds as well but more than often they are the fastest builds - especially on HW.
For me building these things lacks any sense of finesse. Just throwing power into it and min/maxing the other stuff.

My '69 Z with the I6 isn’t a full-fledged powerbuild though. There is the V6 turbo that can nearly reach double the power which is what snosaes runs I think.
I get no enjoyment out of this though.

4th and 5th gear are the only two my build needs on this track.

I’m not best placed to offer advice cos i cant handle powerbuilds myself,but what Bedlam and Rayne have mentioned re: driving power builds also applies to ‘normal’ builds like the BMW on this HW track.
Its not as exagerated as it is with powerbuilds,but any wheelslip kills your time on these tracks in any car. I brake a little earlier and try to (gently) accelerate through corners to maintain momentum.I think i’ve got 1st 3rd and last 3rd of track sorted,but i’m still a bit haphazard in the middle section

I have to say, this rivals game is certainly educational, since chasing you guys around for a while, i’ve changed from ABS / TCS / Stability control / Auto Box all on. now I just use a manual box with ABS.
I’m still nowhere near you guys haha but i do see improvements.

I’m amazed how differentky you have to drive using manual, even my tuning (style) has changed.

I’m still an AWD guy 99% of the time but i hope to progress to RWD as that seems to be where the speed comes from.

3 Likes

I don’t consider mysellf a tuner in the slightest and my tunes can get nowhere near others but if you want to try my one for this course, i’d be more than happy to share, to see how you get on with it.

266 303 397

Just had a go with the Jag and did a fairly safe 2.24 but could go a fair amount quicker. The car is fairly competitive as I then tried Jumpy’s tune with more power and did 2.21, with potential to do 2.20.

1 Like

Anyone up for S1900 Sport Utility Heroes at Horizon Mexico circuit? I tried the Urus and it’s actually quite fun

Nicely done sir… RWD i assume ?

Still not tried a DL’ed tune yet, maybe something to try over the w’end i think.

No, all the best builds in this car type seem to be AWD.

2 Likes

Appreciate we had S1 last week but going to go back to kind of matching the trial this week and do:

Course - Bahia De Plano
Class - S1
Car Type - Modern Supercar

I’m not going to do a HW event this week.

1 Like

Current LB for this week (end tomorrow evening UK time):

Highland Climb S1 Super GT and GT Cars (F12TDF unless stated)

Jezza - 2.19.122 (Vantage 19)
Bedlam - 2.19.435
Jockelzockt - 2.19.612
Xorox - 2.20.281 (Vantage 19)
Landorgini - 2.21.288
PABO - 2.21.391
PentEd - 2.21.808
Rayne - 2.22.910 (Monza)
GAdam - 2.23.177
AbsorbedSpy - 2.23.239 (Monza)
Gilles - 2.23.443 (AMG CLK)
PcgTron - 2.24.828
Marioma - 2.25.355 (AMG CLK)
NeubaumTurk - 2.25.935 (Monza)
Smoke - 2.26.497 (AMG CLK)
Alaalpac - 2.26.939 (SLS AMG)
Der Duit - 2.27.431 (AMG CLK)
Hanson - 2.31.502 (Maserati GTS)
FlyingKulau - 2.31.919
Chea - 2.32.319 (Jag XJR-S)
Wan Ge - 2.36.223 (812)
Gabbelebab - 2.36.623 (Jag XJR-S)
AngelGeek - 2.38.725 (Maserati GTS)

1 Like

And HW Forest Gorge Hazard:

Bedlam - 2.04.528 (Capri)
Rayne - 2.06.009 (Fairlady)
Xorox - 2.06.563 (GTR 73)
Jezza - 2.08.111 (Fairlady)
PentEd - 2.09.229 (BMW 2002)
Landorgini - 2.09.661 (Capri)
Leetorts - 2.12.049 (BMW 2002)
Akaalpac - 2.13.617 (BMW 2002)
GAdam - 2.14.334 (Capri)
Pcgtron - 2.15.085 (BMW 2002)
FlyingKulau - 2.15.586 (BMW 2002)
NeubaumTurk - 2.18.241 (Elan)
AbsorbedSpy - 2.19.856 (Fairlady)
Der Duit - 2.19.940 (GTR 71)
Chea - 2.21.508 (Sprite)
Wan Ge - 2.21.775 (GTR 71)

1 Like

Not gonna be as much fun this week if Forza isn’t filtering for our friends’ times on the leaderboards.