Photo Mode - Car dashboard LOD appears blurry from outside car (1740514)

4K visuals mode and running on Xbox Series X 30fps in career mode.
AI car

First time?

6 Likes

Seeing something like this in a next generation racing game yes my first time and for a exclusive… It’s even worse than FM7

6 Likes

Welcome to 2004!

4 Likes

@here
Does this issue still persist after recent updates? Would it be possible to provide a video of this in action?

1 Like

Yes it does indeed sir.

1 Like

It’s called LODs. Absolutely normal practice to optimize the game.
However, I agree that the model could switch to high quality when you fly up to the car in photo mode.

No! It should look always good in race and better in photo mode. PS5 is weaker and even on racing AI cars look perfect and in Replay mode uses full ray tracing, higher ray tracing than Forza. Xbox is more powerful not by much but it is. So Forza needs working people and not lazy :sloth: people.

2 Likes

The player’s car in replay also does some weird LOD switching where when the car is far away from the camera there’s a lot of sunlight coming into the cockpit as if the car has no roof. And when it comes closer to the camera a shadow suddenly pops over the interior covering the seats and dash as if someone put the roof back on.

It’s shadow detail popping on and off depending on the distance of the car to the camera during replay. It’s very jarring. Hoping to see it get fixed.

Looks way worse than FH5 as well. FM really is a disgrace in terms of its cars’ visual fidelity.

1 Like

This has always been the case in FM (and practically all other racing games even GT7 if you take a closer look at its replays) but this time the shadow LOD distance is extremely close which makes it really worse and inoticeable! They could at least make it further away only for the car in focus & leave it as is for the AI/NPC cars.
Turn10 most probably won’t change it though.

2 Likes

The cars looks far far superior in GT7. It is not even a match with the latest FM. Owning both, one game clearly prioritizes the accuracy, depth, colors and models of its cars. FORZA’s strong suit is its environment details but then again this FM has worse environment details and draw distance than FH5.

What is even strange is how same car models between FH5 and FM look significantly better in FH5 in terms of paint accuracy, materials, rendering, depth, shaders, sharpness and reflection.

T10 needs to own the fact they seriously dropped the ball and apologize to their fans that they broke their promise for this title’s visual quality. How they messed up the cars’ graphics and rendering is beyond me!

There is absolutely no excuses you can come up with when you have the most powerful Xbox console to work with and “next-gen” only game. GT7 and FH5 are both cross-gen! We know what the FORZATECH engine is capable of.

3 Likes

I agree with you. They should show their faces and apologize to the gamer community and really fix it. No trying just fix it.

3 Likes

They should really give PC players the option to change when LODs are swapped in-game and in photo mode all cars should be the highest LOD possible within reason.

3 Likes

Unacceptable quality. The amount of negligence and cutbacks in visual fidelity is insane. Are these the same people who worked on FH5 and prior. I do not see the generational graphical benefits of an Xbox Series console here !

3 Likes

Could the shadow LOD thing be causing strange shadows and textures to bounce around and get redrawn in front of the car? As in, the headlights or sun reflecting off the tarmac doesn’t look like…there’s textures and shadows being redrawn right in front of the car where the sun’s reflective impact is the highest or where the headlight beams meet. Very unsettling.

I think multiple people have posted about this issue, including one dude who explained it well IMO but one of the support staff still asked him/her to post a video. I mean come on… It can be reproduced within minutes while driving in broad daylight or at night!

2 Likes