Performance - Frequent stuttering and lag while racing

Gameplay remains plagued by frequent stuttering and lag first introduced with Donut Media update.

Steps to reproduce is to simply play the game. Both freeroam and races are affected from the moment the game is started. Happens both online and offline.

PC Windows 10 64 bit, MS Store game copy, i7 6700K @ 4.00 GHz, 16gb RAM, RTX 3080 Hybrid 10gb. Nvidia driver 31.0.2225 (recommended by Forza Support to fix game crashes.)

Dear Forza Support Team!

Please address the problem, it still persists…

Its one of the most viewed topic so far, so its important to solve asap

https://forums.forza.net/t/massive-amounts-of-lag-since-the-update-november-8th/574451/35

3 Likes

For me it had been since the dlss update, before i got always +60 stable fps at 2k, but since then sometimes doesnt even reach to it, and guanajuato in free roam make it even worse

1 Like

@Lynx8209 @BenClock043 @BoggedWord83 please play through the Donut Story available with the Series 22 Summer season (June 22) and report back if this is still an issue.

I can confirm very unstable performance for no reason. Stutters happen regardless of the situation (i did a Goliath race with both drivatars and other players, it didn’t stutter once), you can be at one of those races in town where it really taxes your GPU and the race can go fine, then you can be at another race in an open space where it’s not using your CPU or GPU a lot (i play with v-sync and locked 60) and the game will have a terrible stroke for no real reason at all.

I also have massive stutters at times racing the a.i, this problem affects both offline and online play.

I also checked my SSD usage to see if it would match these messed up stutters, but no, it doesn’t go to a 100% either, they are just random.

In fact, seems the stutter happens the most where your system isn’t really that stressed out by the game or in online races, where it gets much worse. Also i’d say it’s now worse with this new update, before it would be extremely rare, say 2 or 3 stutters out of 3 hours of gameplay, now they seem to happen every few minutes. Seems it’s time to consider an uninstall even if i don’t want to.

1 Like

Since I had upgraded my PC the overall performance has fortunately been tons better, though it was an expensive workaround for these issues. However, I do still experience the occasional crash to desktop.

Also while changing parts on the test track the game will stutter hard for a second, every time without fail. New exhaust, hangs for a second. New tires, hangs for a second. It makes the test track quite tedious to use.

Why is this not being fixed yet ?

1 Like

Bug Info: When playing the game, the game stutters randomly every now and then.
Sometimes the stutter last 0.5 to 1 second where the car continue driving without showing it on screen … eg I’ll be driving in a race or between the races and the game just stops showing graphics and audio … then the game wakes up again and the car might crash into something 100-300meters ahead.

Its VERY annoying.

BTW: I’m also getting warnings about high GPU Memory usage (GPU has 8GB and the game use 7.5 GB)

Platform: Steam Windows 11 PC

Edition: Premium

PC: AMD 5600x , Nvidia RTX 3060 TI, 16GB DDR4 RAM, M2 SSD (7500/5000 MB/s), B550 Motherboard

Peripheral: Logitech G29

Settings: Graphic settings are high / ultra