Option to MUTE HELICOPTER

Don’t get me wrong I’m happy with this new expansion but please give me an independent option to adjust the helicopter sound, or a toggle to mute it. Man that sounds gets old quick.

Please give us option in rally adventure to mute the heli sound its driving me insane and…

But have also to say that i love the update :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Voting for this, but I’d like to go one step further.

How about including an option to completely remove the helicopter from all races? The dust and spotlight can be every bit as annoying as the noise it makes!

9 Likes

My thoughts exactly! I started playibg through the “career” after having explored the map for a bit, and while the hellsin helicopter sounds were grating on my ears (and stopping me from fully enjoying the car sounds), and the dust it kicked up reduced visibility a bit, it was managable… For all of 2 races. When I got to the first night race, the combination of that sound, the helicopter kicking up mist from the ground coupled with the rain, and that stupid spotlight making it basicly impossible see made me streight up close the game mid race…
It also breaks immersion in the sense that unless I`m mistaken) no rally driver IRL has their own personnal chopper following them throughout the stages)

I honestly dont think Im touching the expansioncagain, unless they give me the option to get rid of that helicopter (except if I get the urge to drive that canyon road onthe left side of the map, which is legit one of the most fun roads in the game, for slower cars anyway)

3 Likes

Yes pls add option for mute/stealth chopper. It’s a warzone with the heli and new turbo :smile:

2 Likes

Would love more audio toggles. The helicopter is a bad noise with a subwoofer. The rally turn-by-turn callouts are fun, but they turn down music and engine noise to make the calls that happen every few seconds!

3 Likes

On another area - Why is it even there in races ?
Sure it’s for Rally pace notes when doing rally events but it serves no purpose in race events. Just wasting computing space and driving people nuts for no reason.
Gripe 1 - Stop having the chopper on race events when it serves no purpose.
Gripe 2 - Stop switching my radio !!!
Gripe 3 - Stop throwing in destination routes after any event - don’t want them. If I want to choose a Route destination, I’ll do it myself !!!

Also - fix the map logos. Only way I can get to any expansion now (incl. HW) is to use menu tabs instead of map icons to avoid the annoying rerun of the trailer vids and Intro races !!!

5 Likes

Exactly! I have the same issue. I just want to mute the chopper without having to turn down all special effects & LFE.

2 Likes

Just started the expansion yesterday and I really appreciate this great map, works like a charm. Then there is this helicopter which is driving me nuts. I like the idea but we need an option to get rid of it. I think that removing the helicopter with an option to deactivate it is necessary. It shouldn’t be removed for scripted events, like the events for the “I call it Rally mode” with all that arrows and jumps and so on. But on the other events with AI, it should be removable. Don’t get me wrong, I really like this expansion but that thing completely ruins my motivation to play on that map ever again.

2 Likes

What are you talking about, when everyone could disable it, it’s their problem. Competitve andvantage? Where?

How?

Traditional rally didn’t even have a helicopter! The co driver was in the passenger seat. It would be more realistic if there was an option for the person in the helicopter to sit in the car.

Ok. So heres what im thinkin. An option to change the helicopter to da vincis ariel screw. It would be quiet and eco friendly as its powered by whatever the pilot ate that morning. Plus, since its like 550 years old its not like you would need to get rights for the use of it. Copyright on that design has to have ran its course by now. Also have mickey mouse pilot it since their copyright has expired and is now fair use too

2 Likes

Welcome @ShredderNL7263
I Appreciate that other folks out there realise the pointlessness of this in races.

good thing there’s this comment here. voting for this! the chopper is driving me crazy as well - i just want to race happily with background radio/music (or no music) but the constant helicopter’s sound is just unnecessarily noisy :frowning:

1 Like

any news on this ?

i hate that helicopter