Online driving

I think the problem with lobbies is a bit exaggerated. No there shouldn’t be a penalty system, accidents happen and someone that made a genuine mistake shouldn’t be punished for trading paint with a car. I personally think that they should bring up the vote to kick like the last forza…so that everyone can see who it is decide to vote to kick. I also think they can make it so that you can vote multiple people to kick at once. I think it would speed up the process of cleaning up the lobbies.

I mean you don’t have to race online in the lobbies either. Collisions-off lobbies, Rivals, Private races…all viable options.

No you dont have to use the hoppers but the online lobbies are the only way of getting races at any time during the day that are against real people. Private lobbies are good when friends are online and actually want to play…

While the problems aren’t huge, the overall effect is far from exaggerated. Why else would people be complaining and describing the overall diminished quality of racers/races so much? The only friend I have that I regularly see is racing online is ERS Johnson. The majority of my friends list are skillful racers. They aren’t vocal for the most part, but something ain’t right. I’ve noticed this steady dropoff since the beginning of the year.

I haven’t had Forza 5 long so I haven’t actually raced online yet. With that said, it couldn’t be worse than some of the Drivatars I’ve went up against. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh yes, it can be. Some folks just can’t/won’t avoid hitting you, even when you give 'em room.

I tried the online races for about an hr, managed 3rd place ,was well pleased,had nice clean races. Thought i was doin ok for a new player, then came up against a guy who was takin great pleasure in sayin “bump,bye” to everyone he put out for 3 races in a row. Well online imo is worse than COD, guess i’ll stick 2 rivals

I spent most of the spring and summer before Forza 5 was released playing Codemasters F1 2012 because I was tired of the Forza shenanigans. The same shenanigans were in the F1 lobbies that were short and had cosmetic damage and no rules. In the lobbies that were 25% (usually more than 10 laps) of a race and full damage and rules I had great racing. It wasn’t perfect, but it worked and most lobbies had serious racers who didn’t want to invest a half hour or more of their time and then get booted for being an idiot. The race stewards disqualified people in accordance with F1 rules. It sucked getting a black flag after doing a full qualifying week end and half hour of racing. The choice was simple, conform or go to a different type of lobby or play FM4. Most trouble makers never made it past qualifying. Getting a DNF after investing so much time in one race deterred most crashers.

Your team told you who to let pass you. There were drive through penalties and the race stewards reviewed contact incidents and corner cutting. If all tires went over the white line you got dinged every time. The full rules and damage lobbies were a descent representation of the discipline and the experience that a Formula 1 driver might experience.

Unfortunately none of the F1 games are available for XBone and my Fanatec gear is sitting all alone in the corner having been replaced by TM gear because XBone doesn’t like it.

I have grown weary of Forza lobbies again and when a new Fanatec wheel or adapter is released or an F1 game comes to XBone I will quit playing FM5 again for all the reasons above.