Official Weekly FH5 Livery Competition - Week 090

Welcome to the official weekly Forza Horizon 5 Livery Competition! This competition is open to all players.

This week is open to all design types.

This week’s deadline is 2023-11-10T04:00:00Z (Thursday night Pacific time).

Judging will be done by Forza staff and winners will be announced on Thursday, November 16.

HOW TO ENTER

Use the Apply Vinyls & Decals menu in Forza Horizon 5 to create and Share a design in-game. We will consider all shared game liveries via one or both methods:

1. New designs: When saving your design, enter the current code words in the Description field. This week’s code word for the description is LivRev090. All designs with this Description will be found in search and considered.

2. Existing designs: Older or previously entered designs that do not come up in search will not be automatically considered entries; you must post them in this thread. You do not need to update the description in game. Be sure to include your gamertag and the Share Code of the design.

We encourage you to add photos of your design to this thread so others can see it, which will also help us show off the winners. An elevated 3/4 view of is usually best for showing off as much of the vehicle’s surfaces as possible in one shot, but feel free to focus on a specific section if it the centerpiece of your work. Also feel free to describe your inspiration or design process, as well as link to a gallery thread of your other work.

While you can nominate a friend’s work for consideration, if selected they must communicate their approval to be Featured or not.

RULES

You may submit no more than three designs per week, with these caveats:

• Only one design per person will be eligible for selection among the five winners.
  • Winning users from Week 089 are ineligible for selection among the five winners.
  • You may not submit entries with multiple gamertag accounts.
  • Users who share an excessive number of designs in a single week will be ineligible for the current week and the following week.
  • All submissions and comments must adhere to Forza Code of Conduct - Note: We have a stricter standard of appropriateness for content to be featured on Forza channels - we cannot declare winning entries that include: phone numbers (real or fictional); alcohol/tobacco names, logos, or usage; license plates with lettering that can be perceived as inappropriate; or entries from inappropriate gamertags, regardless of in-game enforcement status.
  • Note: We are continuing to look into third-party tools used to create liveries in Forza Horizon 5. However, in the meantime, users who are found to use livery import tools on their entries will be ineligible from being selected as weekly competition winners.

PRIZES

• The five winning liveries are featured in game for six months.
  • Winners may also be featured on our Forza.net/Community page.
  • The individual winners will receive a gift a car of the player’s choice, not including DLC or Accolade-only cars. Exclusives and Hard-to-Find cars can be chosen. Winners are required to DM me (T10ManteoMax) with their choice.
  • Your photo of your design may be shown during official Forza livestreams and potentially on other official Forza social channels.

SC: 124 954 010
GT: Sprizouse78
Car: 2013 Subaru BRZ
File: Cusco BRZ

10 Likes

GT: Andrew9565

SC: 585 506 672

Idea: 90s style LeMans livery for the GT1 Porsche. Took myself the time to detail every section where colours transferred to get this look. Pictures by a friend

13 Likes

SC: 412 177 595

Idea: having made the GT1 I gave this a go as well in a more unconventional colour scheme.
Pictures by a friend

7 Likes

SC: 124 685 338

Idea: inspired by the Advan Taisan JGTC viper from the 90s

9 Likes

LivRev090

GT: RamZ128

Car: 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 RS

SC: 567 894 153

12 Likes

Removing myself from these contests until integrity is restored, the judging process is fixed, and there are separate division for Race/Replica and Fantasy/Other and more winners.

Someone recently won with a design made by software. That is the final straw for me.

From the start I have begged those running this contest to structure it like it was in FM3/FM4 - two categories Race/Replica and Fantasy/Other with 3 winners in each and 2 runner ups - all 10 get featured. I have begged for judges that at least understand the painting process, as well as aesthetics. T10 has not been willing to budge on anything, not even an offer of a compromise. When I was part of the only T10 Supported FB Design group we offered to create a basic judging guide and T10 refused it. When the old structure was in place, participation was much better, as well as quality of the entries and winners.

Until some changes or at least compromises are made, I am out. Good luck to the rest of you.

8 Likes

2015 McLaren 650s coupé
(Livery is made for the widebody.)

GT: Lertzu96
SC: 126 808 616

9 Likes

2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon

GT: Lertzu96
SC: 171 413 456

7 Likes

KoolIROCZ1967
1995 Porsche 911 GT2
sharecode - 871 437 607
#livrev090

14 Likes

No offence dude, but it really looks like a tool was used. Especially when zoomed in…
I’m not accusing you, just saying it looks like it that’s all.

1 Like

GT: Archduke67

Car: Honda NSX-R 1992

SC: 417 645 537

FILE NAME: TEGIWA RACING RB

I created this replica ages ago, just recently I had someone from Tegiwa contact me to say how much they liked it - so thought I’d share it :slight_smile:

The original:

7 Likes

I’ve downloaded it and it 1000% looks like a tool was used. It was brought to my attention by a few members of the livery community so I checked it out. I’ve created anime girls and they don’t look pixelated like that. Unless the use of circles and smudges is a new trend we’re all not aware of :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m not saying it’s proof, but there are numerous Reddit threads where that XP Itasha design gets called out for using 3rd party software and the original post was removed by user, but the comments are still visible. Something definitely seems off regarding the way the vinyls are created on that one.

3 Likes

#livrev090
2018 Chev Camaro ZL1 1LE
GT: EaglezRock
SC: 856 271 974

8 Likes

#livrev090
1965 Shelby Cobra 427
GT: EaglezRock
SC: 139 604 510

7 Likes

LivRev090
GameTag : venom50th
Car : 2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SPEC II
Share code : 883 125 342
File Name: drift venom

3 Likes

Removing myself from these contests until integrity is restored, the judging process is fixed, and there are separate division for Race/Replica and Fantasy/Other and more winners.

Someone recently won with a design made by software. That is the final straw for me.

From the start I have begged those running this contest to structure it like it was in FM3/FM4 - two categories Race/Replica and Fantasy/Other with 3 winners in each and 2 runner ups - all 10 get featured. I have begged for judges that at least understand the painting process, as well as aesthetics. T10 has not been willing to budge on anything, not even an offer of a compromise. When I was part of the only T10 Supported FB Design group we offered to create a basic judging guide and T10 refused it. When the old structure was in place, participation was much better, as well as quality of the entries and winners.

Until some changes or at least compromises are made, I am out. Good luck to the rest of you.

3 Likes

I decided to investigate…
and I discovered this

I spent a few hours researching until I found a certain discord group and to my surprise I came across this and immediately took a screenshot to prove it. (In this group, people “share” json files generated by the tool as well as providing support and updates in the same)

I’ll probably put a target on my back and the hundreds of people who are members of “that discord group” will attack me BUT I don’t care.

Note the player shown in the screenshot has more than 400 different posts in this certain discord group.

Note 2: I will not share the name of the discord group where I found this here so as not to promote it and so that no “smart” player discovers it and also does illegal things in the game. I will formalize a text for support because it is past time for them to do something SINCE this tool has already been used for two years by this type of players and nothing is done.
I ask that all designers who read this report the “tool” AS THIS ONLY HARMS THE GAME AND THE DESIGNER COMMUNITY.

4 Likes